Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• idk, I mean, we're basically saying "we'd like to (and pretty much are) 100% uptiming this thing", but it still has a bunch of the features you'd normally see with something that was intended to be used "occasionally", and was an actual "buff" rather than a sort of "new minimum bar" kind of requirement.  That said.  FINE.  :3
  • JULES BE QUIET. STOP THIS. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Can we update these?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Artifact #: 161
      Desc:       a polished ebony quarterstaff
      Cost:       350

Description:
      This quarterstaff increases the damage of Evocation abilities by 10%. This is a direct increase, 
    separated from weapon stats.

Artifact #: 170
      Desc:       an elegant mahogany quarterstaff
      Cost:       700

Description:
      This quarterstaff increases the damage of Evocation abilities by 20%. This is a direct increase, 

Artifact #: 220
      Desc:       a hardened quarterstaff of the Wilds
      Cost:       1400

Description:
      This quarterstaff increases the damage of Evocation abilities by 30%. This is a direct increase, 
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Again, please do not use this thread to report typos. Errors in things like help files, ability files, artifact descriptions, and item descriptions are better suited in the TYPO queue, so as to keep this thread flowing more smoothly.

I have corrected the descriptions of those artifacts.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2015
    Ooh ok, I thought about typo'ing it, but I wasn't sure. Sorry!

and Thanks!
  • edited September 2015
    Sitting here enjoying some Scotch when I thought to myself, you know what Imperian could really use? Those dailies that MMO's have that cause you to log-in and quest for 30 minutes to an hour a day, even when you don't necessarily want to actually play the game. They tend to have a relatively high payout in things like in-game gold or experience, but are limited to once daily per player. As pesky as they can be, I feel like they're a good idea, giving people an incentive to be around and active every day, even if it's for a short period of time.

An appropriate reward in Imperian would be a large amount of experience(maybe modified based on your max health, so that they don't fall off in usefulness as you get closer to aspect). Another reward you might consider would be <x> lessons, but you could limit it to only people who have a combined total of less than <x> lessons throughout all their skillsets.
  • Daily (and otherwise periodically) repeatable quests are something we've considered and discussed several times. We haven't decided how we would want to go about implementing them, the kinds of rewards we'd want to give out, etc, so they haven't made their way into reality yet, but it is a concept we aren't opposed to.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • That would definitely make people log in more frequently and thus maybe people will get into the RP/PK/stuff what's going at the moment when they're checking the daily rewards/quests/whatever it is. Sounds good.
  • @Jeremy Just gonna toss this out there. With multi-profession junkies like myself, Eldreth, and Risca fresh off a circle jump, along with a brand new profession storing mechanic encouraging people NOT to just forget classes to learn new ones, you guys might consider opening up a lesson sale.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2015
    When I do perform ritual sacrifice, sometimes it pings back at 1.3 seconds if I have a lot of corpses. If it's just on the user end, it should be fine, but this might be why there are intermittent lag spikes. Is there any code optimisation you guys could do on the back-end? @Garryn @Eoghan
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited September 2015
    Profession related achievements reflective of new profession holding rules. The obvious all professions in game, perhaps for retaining at least one profession in every circle, etc.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Kill counts with each profession!
  • Eoghan said:
    Daily (and otherwise periodically) repeatable quests are something we've considered and discussed several times. We haven't decided how we would want to go about implementing them, the kinds of rewards we'd want to give out, etc, so they haven't made their way into reality yet, but it is a concept we aren't opposed to.
    Small amounts of lessons. It's an incentive that will encourage newer players because lessons really help, and it will help them progress to the trans skills that allow for increased participation, especially PvP participation and PvP participation is where the credits come in.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited September 2015
    Could we remove the room messages on Berserker dances? They're nice and flavorful, yeah, but two dances per berserkers times three berserkers is an awful lot of spam.

• Could priests and diabolists also get the ability to purify/soulbind weapons and armor?

The way it works right now, anybody who has priest can learn the Templar profession and have 0% Inept Weaponmaster, 0% Inept Chivalry, and Transcendent Devotion for a grand total of 0 lessons. This means that any Priest can purify their own armor by switching to templar and purifying then just switching back to Priest when they're done, so the only real thing this would do is let Priests purify armor without having to relearn 2 skills afterwards.

• Diabolists can already soulbind their armor
  • Also let Wytch do etchings amirite
  • Huh. Can priests purify and nobody noticed, then? I've always assumed they couldn't, but I don't have Priest and nobody plays it, so the only priests I deal with are people who don't know their class terribly well.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Can we have help files like Aetolia? They're really neat. :s

Please? 
  • Maybe. What does "help files like Aetolia" mean, exactly?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Clickable links. Directoried Help files. For example, one city there had 'CHELP BASHING' on the major 'index' which then had links to sub-files like 'CHELP BASHING LEVELS' (as an example). I'm not quite sure what the exact structure is, but it was fancy and neat.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    You forgot 'even more out of date than ours'.
  • I'd love getting the AB files of Achaea as well. Very detailed and helpful with the included resource cost and cooldowns.

Here's a few examples:

Curseward (Survival)                          Known: Yes
    Syntax:            CURSEWARD
    Cooldown:          4.50 seconds of equilibrium
    Resource:          250 mana
    Details:
    This ability will let you erect a mental barrier against which curses will splash harmlessly.

Focusing (Survival)                           Known: Yes
    Syntax:            FOCUS
    Works on/against:  Self
    Resource:          250 mana
    Details:
    Your mental survival skills have adapted to the point where you can cure mental afflictions merely 
    by focusing your mind. Be warned though that the mana cost for this is high.

Noose (Subterfuge)                            Known: Yes
    Syntax:            CRAFT NOOSE
                       NOOSE <target>
    Extra Information: Noose cooldown: 4.00 seconds of balance.

Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Cooldown:          3.50 seconds of balance
    Details:
    While you are in the trees you can craft a noose from the vines hanging everywhere. Then, if there 
    is a sole victim below you, you can NOOSE <adventurer>. This is a long process as you have to move 
    with utter silence. If anyone else enters the location, your attempt will be ruined.
  • edited October 2015
    Iniar said:
    Clickable links. Directoried Help files. For example, one city there had 'CHELP BASHING' on the major 'index' which then had links to sub-files like 'CHELP BASHING LEVELS' (as an example). I'm not quite sure what the exact structure is, but it was fancy and neat.
    To add to this... There's also a fully editable GHELP/CHELP INDEX, which looks like this (for my particular guild): 

GHELP REALINDEX shows the sort of index that we currently see. As Iniar said, all of that is clickable via MXP.

Then as an example... https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6c83ad53 is a CHELP file (most of the ghelp ones in the guild im in a pretty bleh)

All of the things at the bottom are again clickable via MXP, and leads to all the other files. This also works for linking ABs and such as well.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Yeah, it's like a Wiki which is nice.

The Carnifex have a picture on their GHELP INDEX which made me chuckle but yeah. 
  • Your Gem of Transmutation has not recharged itself yet.

Can there be a timer on how many minutes we have left instead of a generic message?

• IniarIniar Australia
     [286] The Gem of Transmutation artifact can now be used once per hour; the aspect perk upgrade reduces this cooldown to 30 minutes

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

• Risca said:
    Your Gem of Transmutation has not recharged itself yet.

Can there be a timer on how many minutes we have left instead of a generic message?
    Added.
  • Just for the sake of convenience, could the GOLD command display the total gold sum before telling you where it all is? Something like this, maybe?

You have 150,000 gold inside of "pack187318" and 50,000 gold inside of "satchel238365", for a total of 200,000 gold.

• Went ahead and IDEA'd this, even though I'm fairly certain someone else has already done that.

14:19:33 (Ring): Wysrias says, "You know what would be a really nice QoL thing."
    14:19:48 (Ring): Wysrias says, "If you could toggle pathfinding for all members of your 
    circle regardless of ally status."

I'll add to this that having a way to toggle the concealing effects of a veil on allies would be great. Something like CONFIG VEIL <ALL|ENEMIES|OFF> would be a really solid QoL change for the owners of(and allies of) people who own the particularly expensive artifact. Plus, those people who say "I just own the veil to find other veil-owners" could actually do what they claim they'd like to do and make it easier for fights to come to them. =D