Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Can I please get a specific failure message when farsee is blocked by soulmask/covertracks/etc?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited July 2015
    ^ YES!

Screw you @Dreacor, having to make me wait for shrine location to show up on READLOG UNSPEAKABLE, because it takes like 300 sense attempts to actually find you :(

Edit to actually put an idea in: Why do Defilers get an innate ability to make it so that their treants can get all the abilities combined into one, yet Druid has to pay like 3-700 (dont remember exact amount) credits to get the same thing?

I mean I don't care about Druids, but consistency is nice to have.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    More like... why does Bard have to pay 1200 credits for Quality of Life artifacts, with the end result that is still the worst micromanagement class in Imperian.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited July 2015
    The Torc and Harp are not QoL artifacts (though I agree bard sketch/instrument management is terribly unwieldy).

Defilers and roots aren't exactly apples and apples, though it is a shame that to maximize Naturebinding one needs to invest in an artifact.

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • I think the Harp is a QoL artifact

no having to make any instruments, not having to switch instruments, always keeping a shield up

only one fist sigil

still overpriced though
  • Could we change the trigger phrase for the Five Tributes people? Having them pop into the room every time the name Urzog is used is irritating.

Also, could people get some sort of message when they can summon them again? It gets sort of old seeing people just standing around saying Urzog every minute.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    How would you change it though?
  • He means that sometimes people just use the name in discussion (for the first part).  So if it were more specific to blah Five Tributes, it wouldn't trigger as much.  Although, I bet this part becomes less of a problem now that he's not our BFF, or, it will once the cultist thing blows over.  
  • Pretty sure you can only summon them to the same room yourself once every 8 minutes or so. Maybe 7 minutes.  
  • edited July 2015

I dunno, "I want to speak about Urzog"? Any phrase more specific than just saying Urzog's name out loud?

I just think it's kind of stupid that as soon as you mention Urzog somebody busts in like "You guys talking about Urzog? Would you like to make me 20 claymores? No? No? Well fine, we don't need you anywys."

• Selthis said:
    Pretty sure you can only summon them to the same room yourself once every 8 minutes or so. Maybe 7 minutes.  
    Every 8. I timed it. :(

• Ario said:
    Selthis said:
    Pretty sure you can only summon them to the same room yourself once every 8 minutes or so. Maybe 7 minutes.  
    Every 8. I timed it. :(
    Per room.  There are typically 3-4 rooms per city/council/caanae where you can summon them.

Although I'd encourage people to be more creative than saying "Urzog" alone, playing "guess today's magic phrase" isn't fun either.  
  • Regarding announce posts 3137 and 3138, about closing the leeway in design patterns...

I can understand why you wouldn't want to close the leeway with cooking and libations; making a pattern for, say, every kind of bread would be awful. However, it's still really frustrating to see a pretzel and end up having to do "ii titled pretzel" to find out that it's a bowl of pretzels or pretzel bread or whatnot.

In cases like that, would it be possible to just give the pretzel additional keywords? A 'sabre' is a 'sword' and a 'weapon', a 'pack' is also a 'backpack', and a tower shield is both a 'shield' and a 'tower'. Couldn't we make it so that a pretzel was both 'bread' and a 'pretzel'? This would resolve the vast majority of the issues with those items without needing all those additional patterns.

• edited August 2015
    Khizan said:

Regarding announce posts 3137 and 3138, about closing the leeway in design patterns...

I can understand why you wouldn't want to close the leeway with cooking and libations; making a pattern for, say, every kind of bread would be awful. However, it's still really frustrating to see a pretzel and end up having to do "ii titled pretzel" to find out that it's a bowl of pretzels or pretzel bread or whatnot.

In cases like that, would it be possible to just give the pretzel additional keywords? A 'sabre' is a 'sword' and a 'weapon', a 'pack' is also a 'backpack', and a tower shield is both a 'shield' and a 'tower'. Couldn't we make it so that a pretzel was both 'bread' and a 'pretzel'? This would resolve the vast majority of the issues with those items without needing all those additional patterns.

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way for us to do this with individual items - all items of a given "type" share a list of aliases. There are some special exceptions hard coded (like the way you can refer to differently filled vials), but that isn't something we could keep up with for something like cooking for the same reason a million patterns wouldn't be a good idea.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Could the cooldown on familiar battles get lowered? 1 hour is kind of lengthy :(
  • You should make an artifact incense burner for priests that never goes out. People love to spend ridiculous amounts of credits on preventing minor gold drains.

• I want a way to utilize the projects system without an org. Maybe a PERSONAL tag you could use in place of an org. It would give you a way to store information cross-computer/cross-client in a better manner than using messages. I'd find this useful, for instance, in having a way to store my classleads while I'm working on them leading up to the eventual next classlead round. If you felt like doing extra, it'd be cool to be able to give other people the ability to read your projects, but that's not really even super necessary. Any chance this is within the realm of possibility? @Elokia, @Dec, @anyotherappropriateadminpeople
  • Just get a private clan and there you go!

• Somehow 500k feels a little pricey for what amounts to re-writable letters. =P
  • Google docs?
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • edited August 2015
    Actually, it would be AMAZING if any or all of you kept your classlead stuff on the wiki, for all of the reasons.  I mean, I have to go back to school relatively soon, but I have updated the affliction and cures page as best I can, and I'd love to add in things like "prone stops Marduk" blah in appropriate places, but having actual classlead in progress stuff would just make the wiki more likely to be used and updated in general.  The wiki is intended as a formal central repository for all sorts of game information, and is just a much easier place to read about such things than typing "more" on one's game client.  That is my suggestion/request since you are looking for a centralized place to put things.  
  • I know there are 1.2 million alternatives to what I suggested. I'm simply asking if it's possible to get an option that works IG without buying your own clan or anything else over the top. It's not a huge thing, just a small QoL thing I'm asking about. I'm currently keeping this info in a project in a clan that I have admin privs over, just thinking having that option open to everyone would be cool. =D
  • edited August 2015
    Need to make the shard research thingy that allows you to see how many people are with a person when you farsee available to every circle somehow.  The problem is, people being unable to see how many people AM has grouped has a chilling effect in probably all too many cases.  Of course everyone can always try to be tricky and split up (like sandpeople, wait, that's not right), but basically, the other circles not having this feature is a deterrent to them coming back to hit us when they could.  This doesn't address the general problem that can happen when one faction in a game gets a huge lead in this kind of system (and that has come up before), but at the very least, if people could get an idea of what we've got, they can decide to hit us when we lose half our team - for example.  It's the kind of small fix that is hopefully appropriate to this thread, and could really help in game.  

EDIT:  also, we should annoy Baasche with more suggestions that aren't the thing he wants.  He'll love that :D
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Septus and I want a 'ARTIFACT LIST UNOWNED' command :S
  • Can we get the amount of divorces removed from our honors list? After playing for a decade and more of playing a lot of people have a bunch.
  • Replace with scarlet "D" on forehead imo.  I kid... There are so many much more squicky things that aren't documented, it actually is kind of weird that this is, and while some people probably just don't care, it's really clear that a lot of people consider it a bit of a blot they'd rather hide/not have.  
  • Skasha said:
    Can we get the amount of divorces removed from our honors list? After playing for a decade and more of playing a lot of people have a bunch.
    You can get the propaganda pamphlet and just change what it says for your HONORS. It will remove the number of divorces.
  • You totally can... and I actually think at the very least Achaea has a thing that specifically hides divorces (as in, that is its only function).  But like, now that I have thought about it, it actually does feel like a weird thing to put in honors in the first place, and then say "for the low low price of blah, you too, can hide your icky divorces".  :3  
  • Can we get a special honors line for when your ex-wife marries your sister? Can we get someone to run a Maury style show in game?
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。