Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I appreciate that Stats were added to the SS output. Any chance we could get them added to gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats or some similar spot? As cool as being able to access it without having to check something and gag it is, I think the big part would be getting updated when your stats changed. Would make automatic shield handing much easier for us poor people that skipped on out buying a shield because they wanted to get a Surcoat finally.(would also be great for other uses)
  • A couple of QoL things for Devotion that I know we've discussed on our ring off and on, but I didn't see on classleads.

1) can Convergence just fail (and give a fail message) if you don't have any rites?

2) Same thing with PERFORM RITES if the rites are already there.  Right now it has an EQ cost even if all of the rites you are trying to summon already exist.  

Yes, I have work arounds, but that's why it's a QoL thing!  Renewing and pausing and unpausing already fail and give you a failure message if you don't have rites, so this would just bring everything in line.     
  • Instead of being 12 hours out of 36, could the moradeim reincarnate be like, 4 hours out of 12? That change alone would make multi-professioning so much easier. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Also allow me to upgrade my Gem of Reincarnation so I can change faster :( like Eldreth said.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • No upgrade. It should be on a CD basically just like that of Armguard. No upgrade should be necessary, since it already costs an obscene amount considering it's basically necessary to make use of classes that you've already shelled out $300 each for.

• Dicene said:
    No upgrade. It should be on a CD basically just like that of Armguard. No upgrade should be necessary, since it already costs an obscene amount considering it's basically necessary to make use of classes that you've already shelled out $300 each for.

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • edited June 2015
    So.  Achaea has bazaars (merchants come, set up shop for a little while, sell fun items), and they would be awesome, but people (Achaeans) are still super afraid that if the bazaar (which only happens a few times per RL year) sells more than a handful of mounts for their huge player base (for example), several of which will probably be dead or collared by soon to be dormant people within weeks (their mounts are much squishier and it's also just ingrained in people to go out of their way to kill them, people don't feed them and so on), the mounts and other items won't be special snowflake enough.  So what I am saying is, let's steal Achaea's shitty bazaars and make them awesome, like we do with everything else.  
  • I love Alekmanhala. I like the rewards. I like the different ways to beat him. I like the fact that his rewards encourage you to run him frequently with new players. I love his mechanics... with the exception of the burrowcharge out of the room. 

I hate that mechanic because it justs lasts SO LONG. It feels like a solid third of the time I spend fighting that boss I'm just twiddling my thumbs and waiting for him to come back. Lowering that timer to 6 seconds or so would make the fight feel much smoother, as well as increasing the skill/teamwork requirements.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• If they make this change (which I support wholeheartedly) I'd like to see that Gem upgrade gold refunded so I can use it on something else. Not necessary, but it'd be a nice gesture.
    Dicene said:
    No upgrade. It should be on a CD basically just like that of Armguard. No upgrade should be necessary, since it already costs an obscene amount considering it's basically necessary to make use of classes that you've already shelled out $300 each for.

無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • I'd like to see Sect leaders get credits the same way city and guild members do. Sects actually have active things to do and plan, moreso than guilds, could be argued the leaders (if they're good) do more! That and I'd really like a source of credits to offer as rewards. I'm too poor to buy them and do that :(
  • Aakrin said:
    I'd like to see Sect leaders get credits the same way city and guild members do. Sects actually have active things to do and plan, moreso than guilds, could be argued the leaders (if they're good) do more! That and I'd really like a source of credits to offer as rewards. I'm too poor to buy them and do that :(
    I would like this just to be able to do credit rewards for my members, because I love everyone involved in the Sect.

• Khizan said:

I love Alekmanhala. I like the rewards. I like the different ways to beat him. I like the fact that his rewards encourage you to run him frequently with new players. I love his mechanics... with the exception of the burrowcharge out of the room. 

I hate that mechanic because it justs lasts SO LONG. It feels like a solid third of the time I spend fighting that boss I'm just twiddling my thumbs and waiting for him to come back. Lowering that timer to 6 seconds or so would make the fight feel much smoother, as well as increasing the skill/teamwork requirements.

This boss fight was an idea I had for a long time. Do you guys like the Hero system? Is there other things about the system you would change? Is this a fighting style you'd like to see more? (We are always looking to improve boss fights).
  • Khizan said:

I've shortened the time a bit, and randomized it some more.  It's meant to be noticeable though, so I don't think it's going to be as short as you want.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I think @Garryn said he'll try to make old classleads retained and searchable.
  • Iniar said:
    I think @Garryn said he'll try to make old classleads retained and searchable.
    That would also be helpful! But sometimes the decision that makes it in the game is not the one that was approved in the actual classlead. I'm talking about when he does his dump post of "Classlead 123 has been implemented, kittens now meow like tigers" "Classlead 143 has been implemented, everyone can now backflip". I feel that would be nice to have in just one place.
  • Could Rangers please be able to qjab with javelins and Amazons be able to use glaives? Sort of like how Outriders can pick their profs? I would like to use a javelin. :(

• Aakrin said:
    I'd like to see Sect leaders get credits the same way city and guild members do. Sects actually have active things to do and plan, moreso than guilds, could be argued the leaders (if they're good) do more! That and I'd really like a source of credits to offer as rewards. I'm too poor to buy them and do that :(
    I really like this in principle.  Over here in Imperian, I find people are much more for this sort of thing (which is a good impulse to have).  I don't really know if this would cross the line of "too much" free stuff for orgs to give away or not (Imperian is also less stingy in general already), and this is one of those cases that doesn't feel clear cut to me.  All in all, I like it though.  Sects are organizations, and supposedly fairly important ones.  In my mind, org credits exist for a few reasons:  1) build neat shinies for all org members to use and enjoy 2) be able to sell org credits, especially to players who can't buy lots of them 3) pay the GM for their work (this has fallen out of favor in other IRE games, but I consider it completely legitimate).  Basically, I am saying "I like this, I just have no idea if we actually might be asking for too much when you add everything up".      
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:
    Could Rangers please be able to qjab with javelins and Amazons be able to use glaives? Sort of like how Outriders can pick their profs? I would like to use a javelin. :(
    You said tridents are better than spears. How are javelins better than glaives! :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Jules said:

Basically, I am saying "I like this, I just have no idea if we actually might be asking for too much when you add everything up".      
    I think you should add a tldr; version of every post you make Jules :( if we strip away guild cred.. HERESY!
  • edited June 2015
    Sorry :(  I would never strip Guild credits, I am just saying, "I don't know if duplicating the system and expanding it to sects (presumably without making any cuts to city or guild credits), within the context of our generally relatively generous game, might be too much, but... it's an org, with all of the requirements and needs of an org, so maybe it's okay?  But maybe not?  But maybe it is"?  

EDIT:  it's funny, too, because on other forums, I am in the position of saying "Good God, are you people ever going to stop letting admin just open your wallets and take whatever they want?", heh.  It really is so different here, but in a good way.  
  • Iniar said:
    Khizan said:
    Could Rangers please be able to qjab with javelins and Amazons be able to use glaives? Sort of like how Outriders can pick their profs? I would like to use a javelin. :(
    You said tridents are better than spears. How are javelins better than glaives! :(

Glaives for stabbing, javelins for throwing.

I have an L2 glaive and an L2 javelin so I would like to be able to do that. :(

• The ATTACK verb for Rangers uses qjab, but tipslash is their best bashing attack. Could this please be corrected?

•  Can we please please please please please please super ultra triple tap please, allow barrels to hold sigils in shops? Using shelves to sell a decent stock of sigils is so mind blowingly expensive that its depressing. Sigils sell in large amounts, just like herbs, can we get a decent mechanic to sell them as such? pwwweeeease
  • Could we organize qhonors somehow or something? Alekmanhala, Strigoi, Wraiths, quests, etc? Going over the list to see what you've done is sort of awful right now.

• Glitter isn't currently an emote. Fix pls.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:
    Could we organize qhonors somehow or something? Alekmanhala, Strigoi, Wraiths, quests, etc? Going over the list to see what you've done is sort of awful right now.
    And also make QHONORS without an argument default to my own qhonors kthx. :3
  • Is there a command similar to 'NSUM (category) LATEST' that works for messages? If not, can we please get one?
  • MSGS?