Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Make ORDER (pet) STAY lose the pet. I aliased it on my end since I forget half the time, but it seems more intuitive than having to lose the pet. Makes me feel like I'm abandoning them every time Q.Q
  • It would be super nice if def(ences) showed what stat Modulation was boosting, eg You are benefiting from increased Strength due to modulation. Or something like that.
  • Eoghan said:
    Regarding truefeign:

Truefeign should be behaving correctly for non-attack things (most notably, emotes and says). It is not currently usable for attacks, which will continue using your own name. We're going to evaluate whether that is functionality we want to support, as it can lead to a lot of problems (and cause headaches from an administrative point of view).
    That's exactly the point of the skill though. I get that you've said it's hard to code, but KICK JANUS is the help file suggestion for how you might want to use it. That is precisely how the truefeign skill has worked since it was added.

A 36 mana cost skill that replicates Hukui and/or emote illusions seems extremely underwhelming. 
  • For infest and whatever the druid skill is, instead of having to scan my inventory for a seed to use by number for every tree I want to use the skill on, can it be changed to just INFEST TREE and have the game pull an appropriate seed from the huge pile in my inventory?

Quality of liiiife.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited January 2015
    Linslet said:
    For infest and whatever the druid skill is, instead of having to scan my inventory for a seed to use by number for every tree I want to use the skill on, can it be changed to just INFEST TREE and have the game pull an appropriate seed from the huge pile in my inventory?

Quality of liiiife.
    Done. PURIFY/INFEST now has two syntaxes that will work:

PURIFY/INFEST TREE WITH <seed> if for some reason you want to specify one.
    PURIFY/INFEST TREE if you don't.
    Arakis said:
    It would be super nice if def(ences) showed what stat Modulation was boosting, eg You are benefiting from increased Strength due to modulation. Or something like that.
    You probably already noticed your idea get closed (I noticed it there before I noticed it here...) -- This now exists.

I also added stat songs (thespia) to the def output.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Linslet said:
    For infest and whatever the druid skill is, instead of having to scan my inventory for a seed to use by number for every tree I want to use the skill on, can it be changed to just INFEST TREE and have the game pull an appropriate seed from the huge pile in my inventory?

Quality of liiiife.
    Done. PURIFY/INFEST now has two syntaxes that will work:

PURIFY/INFEST TREE WITH <seed> if for some reason you want to specify one.
    PURIFY/INFEST TREE if you don't.
    Arakis said:
    It would be super nice if def(ences) showed what stat Modulation was boosting, eg You are benefiting from increased Strength due to modulation. Or something like that.
    You probably already noticed your idea get closed (I noticed it there before I noticed it here...) -- This now exists.

I also added stat songs (thespia) to the def output.
    Love it! While you're at it, any chance Hunter AURA could get tossed in there too?
  • Ok. Shapeshifting auras now show in def.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • With the addition of the "paper" and "stationary" patterns for artistry, can we also get a "card" pattern?  (I think I might have also idea'd this already, and if so, sorry for the duplicate!)
  • I'm sure it's complicated, so but it would be nice if herbs in the shop worked like how elixirs work where instead of getting 800 lines of "you sold 50 <plant>" it could show "In the last hour you sold x <plant> y <plant2> etc.
  • @Garryn @Eoghan
    If you end up making any changes to shops or purchasing, while you're there, it'd be great to be able to buy herbs and sips in the quantity we need in a single command. An imaginary gentleman with a 6x vorpal shard would have to send somewhere around 4800 commands to buy all the herbs to fill their rift. That's a lot of commands. With the BUY command being unlocked to work for any size(at least on herbs), that would reduce the number of commands (in a hypothetical shop with 12k of each herb in barrels) to 20(or so).

As far as sips go, a standard vialbelt is 3k sips. Token ones run up to 20k. You buy in groups of 150 sips each. That's 20-133 commands for each of the 50 or so types of elixirs/salves/toxins. Between 1000 and 6650 commands total. Contrast that with 50 commands total for a system with REFILL VBELT FROM HEALTH 3000.

There also appears to be something wrong with the refill command. I've got two options when refilling. I can use the separator and cause literal seconds of lag for the entire server(after a brief test a few moments ago, I can confirm that this still causes insane lag and that you CAN accidentally kill bashers in DP with this amount of lag =( (I'm never going to do this again)) or I can send all the commands separately with ";" and even though I'm not causing lag like this(since my commands are being split up by other things happening), it takes the server a terribly long amount of time to finish processing and replying to my commands. As a test, I sent 133(enough to fill a max size vialbelt from empty of one elixir type) of REFILL VBELT FROM HEALTH, not separator'd, all individual commands. Took between 7-30 seconds to get all the replies from the server. I'm guessing there's some process that is terribly inefficient being done that that should probably get fixed in addition to any QoL changes made. =P
  • The map xml has both the Ancient Sewer Ruins and Beneath the Ancient Sewer Ruins as "Ancient Sewer Ruins of Caanae". This is a major pain.

It also has "the Renfrewshire swamp" = "the Renfrewshire Swamp" and "the Sewage Tunnels of Stavenn" = "the Sewers of Stavenn.", but those are just a one alias fix in the mapper.

Not an exhaustive list of all the xml area names/ig area name discrepancies.
  • edited January 2015
    It would be awesome if you gained some exp for successfully taking a monolith. I know the purpose is mainly getting the aspect power, but for people like me, long as -someone- has it for me to get the base power or two i just don't care. I know I'd be more motivated to take them myself if they gave a more selfish perk like exp or even a small xp bonus (I know champion already gives an xp bonus but if I get Champion and a monolith I would have to get both back when I'm killed for one or the other). As they are right now and I know some people will disagree, but for me personally and a few other people I've asked, Monoliths are a chore to hold down, not a boon. and to people who have permanent personal Monoliths holding a physical one becomes even less meaningful, especially if the powers you care about are lower in the list.
  • Then people would spam release/control off hours.
  • Could some of the papermaking type things go into a more general crafting skillset?

It's kind of stupid that Antiochians are forced to go through magicker sources to get something as mundane as paper.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited January 2015
    Khizan said:
    Could some of the papermaking type things go into a more general crafting skillset?

It's kind of stupid that Antiochians are forced to go through magicker sources to get something as mundane as paper.
    edit: Why are the generic ones not in city shops like scrolls and books and such? Oversight?
  • Khizan said:
    Could some of the papermaking type things go into a more general crafting skillset?

I was thinking the same thing, after wandering around trying to find anything beyond the generic book. Not even the NPCs offer a custom one, like you can get in the Celidon library and such. Blech. 
  • This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. I'm -hoping- to get something that will allow more than just Magick to control the book/paper/letter stuff, all in due time.
  • As Svorai mentioned, it's been on our radar as a possibility for quite a while. Other things have been higher priority, and the last thing I want to do is promise something and then not deliver.
  • Why can we name weapons, shield, and armor with a skill, but we have to pay 100 creds to name a pet?
  • Eoghan said:

As Svorai mentioned, it's been on our radar as a possibility for quite a while. Other things have been higher priority, and the last thing I want to do is promise something and then not deliver.

I assume this means bard gets something more awesome in the process. :smiley:
  • Like a better guild pet!
  • That's why we haven't brought it up. Nothing is planned, beyond the idea that it is something we could do -- not even something that we're sure we will do.
  • Any word on whether we will be able to buy enhancement rooms for personal homes for gold-sinking purposes? :)
  • I like songbirds. :( What's wrong with songbirds? There are -way- bigger issues in bard class than its pet, in any case, if they are mucking about with it.
  • Y'all are about to miss out on some payday splurging. >_>
  • LaethusLaethus Wichita, KS
    So I submitted this idea earlier.  Thoughts?  Priority: Ideas

Reported by Mael at 2015/01/18 01:12:
    I think it would be nice to add "PROMO MAKEOFFER <ITEM> <CREDITS> and it will 
    send the offer to the person live if they're logged in (and it will alert the 
    person like: You have been offered 50 credits for "a miniature kohdon 
    (kohdon12345).  Do you ACCEPT OFFER or DECLINE OFFER? then the person would 
    obviously type in their response.  If you're bashing and miss it, or if you're 
    logged out, when you log in you can check PROMO OFFERS and it will pull up a box
    of all pending offers.
  • When monks/wardancers get all their balances back, could we also get the standard balance message? Right now, it can look a lot like this:

I kick a dude
    I punch a dude
    I punch a dude
    <spam>
    I recover leg balance
    <prompt>
    I recover left arm balance
    I recover right arm balance
    <prompt>

It would just be so much more convenient if it would look like this:

I kick a dude
    I punch a dude
    I punch a dude
    <spam>
    I recover leg balance
    <prompt>
    I recover left arm balance
    I recover right arm balance
    You have recovered balance.
    <prompt>

That would let me just plug it into my existing bashing script and the like without having to go by the prompt or tedious punch counting, and make it easier to use the same script for multiple classes.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Tokens that let you add a skill (not a skill slot) to a pet or increase the level of a skill to 100%. Fly and mount excluded, mount+track/seek not allowed.

I like my fairy, but she could be whipped into shape a bit better. I'd rather not have to spend $300 to recreate her with better skills. I'm already planning on adding a ridiculous number of reactions to amuse myself and need a customization collar, so it's not like I'm not gonna be gouged for it anyway >.>

Also, it would be nice if the listen check was just on the order. It's incredibly random on the actual reporting if the skill isn't at 100% :(