Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Sarrius said:
    Did Cassius just claim Brainmelt has less or little overlap? Magick's synergy lends itself in spades to Brainmelt.
    What I was saying is that cirisosis is highly synergous with any class of any circle.
  • And so is Brainmelt.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited August 2014
    I'm not saying BM isn't strong, cause it is.  Simply put, a lot of the BM affs are prof-specific and mentals (harder to track, faster cures with focus).  This is why I would prefer a skill like cirisosis to BM.

As an aside, what is the time window after ciri for loading on the affs?  Does the pred even need to be alive for it?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Both need tuning. 

Brainmelt's advantages over cirisosis are (that I see): 

1. It is instantaneous, it is or it isn't going to happen. Conversely, cirisosis offers you a window to play defensive. - prismatic, shield, the only question is if you -can- do those things, if you're 20 deep, you're gonna die anyway

2. Even if it fails, it can pump out damage. (Although I've been BM'd for 6 hp before... you know who it was)

Ciri is checked at t=6, for 6 affs. Predator can be dead. Correct me if I'm wrong, @Garryn.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2014
    @Cassius

Plenty of people mentioned the problems with lartosis and cirisosis in the beta. Plenty of people vehemently opposed vaesant -toxin-build for predator. Design decision was to keep rolling with hybrid-derp-wagon 4.0 and give them the awkward step child of both worlds limb damage and stupidly fast, yet impractical toxin delivery. Predator is a mixed bag of limbs, toxins, weird animals actives, dune references and dark and terrible assassin.. It doesn't succeed at any of them so there's a lot of wiggle room for terrible class leads and betas (See: Affliction Predadur, Lartosis, crescentcut raze).  I'd say that the bigger problem is that lartosis and cirisosis do not fit the predator kit, though nothing practical does. They're pretty snooze worthy 1v1 (5m of set up?)  and rarely see the light of day. In teams, they're silly and not hard to pull off because you can bypass affliction tracking and lean heavily on affliction overload (templar, outrider).

• You sense a total of 7 individuals at that location.

A fruitful afternoon, to be sure.

• Today's rave is for a few people: @Alend for being so helpful with a problematic design, @Ahkan for taking me hunting a lot today, and both Ahkan and @Iniar for always helping me out with random combat questions and stuff.

I also found out today that Crystehl /= Crystal.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • IniarIniar Australia
    How funny this is:
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    Mana Lost: 72
    You place both hands on either side of Ifreann's head and stare straight into his eyes. Summoning all your knowledge of the 
    Noctu mysteries, you will your knowledge into Ifreann's mind.
    You see Ifreann Blackfyre yell, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    Your faith increases as Ifreann falls by your hand.
    You have slain Ifreann.
    rt Killed Ifreann.
    You gasp with the realization that Ashani has reached the pk level of Golden.
    You gasp with the realization that Ashani has reached the pk level of Valiant.
    You gasp with the realization that Ashani has reached the pk level of Marvelous.
    You gasp with the realization that Ashani has reached the pk level of Luminary.
    You gasp with the realization that Ashani has reached the pk level of Shining.
    You gasp with the realization that Ashani has reached the pk level of Scintillating.
    Equilibrium Taken: 3.26s
    575[100] 533[87] -b db 0 0 73.59 0 [a: 0][m: 0]  [[++++++++++]]
    Mana Lost: 3
    575[100] 530[87] -b db 0 0 73.59 0 [a: 0][m: 0]  [[++++++++++]]
    You may eat another toadstool.
    575[100] 530[87] -b db 0 0 73.59 0 [a: 0][m: 0]  [[++++++++++]]
    Autocuring: eat toadstool
    You take 1 toadstool, bringing the total to 1707.
    You quickly eat a toadstool.
    Mana Gain: 60
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
    575[100] 590[97] -b db 0 0 73.59 0 [a: 0][m: 0]  [[++++++++++]]
    Kyris quickly eats a toadstool.
    Ifreann has slain Kyris.

• /flex
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • I half heart completing Red Shard Freak achievement.

Would not do again.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited August 2014
    *********************************[ Noctusari ]*********************************
    Member        Guild Title                Profession    Info                    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zith          of the Astral Superiors    Summoner
    Iniar         a Demonic Instigator       Summoner      Sanguine Commander
    Kyris         a Syr-Karabal              Summoner      Novice Aide
    Galador       a Noctusari                Summoner
    Morgoth       a Dark Ember               Summoner
    *******************************************************************************

Approve. 5 Summoners in the OG Summoner Guild.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Clumsiness. May you never die.
  • edited August 2014
    e: Oh..nvm. It isn't infighting if Ifreann and Kryss are there!

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    We started Round 3 knowing she was there :s gives the off-hours people some chance to have fun.
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Cassius said:
    I'm not saying BM isn't strong, cause it is. 

Could... not... resist. 
    ;;)
  • The last Shardfall, which boiled down to, "affiliation not important...all are welcome provided you have a hankering for blood and you bring something really big to hit the other guy with." It hurt as a 700 health athletic Druid..I can only imagine how it felt for more dainty (Ozreas) combatants.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • I'll have you know I was running a fearsome 610 (x3) for that shardfall!

...and still managed to make it to Dis within 5s of being targeted. D:

• IniarIniar Australia
    I love fighting on mix-composition teams. So much confusion. The chaos is delicious.
  • I heart @Septus. After a long vacation, my first shardfall faced me against AM.

Septus says, "Bounteeeee!"
    Septus says, "Mine!"
    You have been slain by Septus.
    Septus has fulfilled a city bounty against you.
  • edited August 2014

Septus is probably tied with Juran as my favorite ally, and for mostly all the same reasons; there's no such thing as an attack plan that's too dangerous or suicidal for them. "Hey Khizan, want to go fight Magick inside Kinsarmar at 2v5 odds while being fired at by a cannon?"

Well, okay. When you put it like that, how can I refuse?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• JuranJuran Ohio
    edited August 2014
    Khizan said:

Septus is probably tied with Juran as my favorite ally, and for mostly all the same reasons; there's no such thing as an attack plan that's too dangerous or suicidal for them. "Hey Khizan, want to go fight Magick inside Kinsarmar at 2v5 odds while being fired at by a cannon?"

Well, okay. When you put it like that, how can I refuse?

They'd still (almost always) work*.

*Unless Shou was around and not bashing, then success rate was ~25%
  • edited August 2014
    What's that you say, Septus? Menoch is AFK outside of Celidon? 

Charging in, you give an exultant shout as you drive a mercurial claymore through Menoch's neck, shearing through skin, 
    tendon, artery, and bone, completely separating his head from his body.
    Your faith increases as Menoch falls by your hand.
    You have slain Menoch.
    Khizan has fulfilled your city bounty against Menoch.
    You will receive 2 gold in a letter as your reward for fulfilling the bounty.
    You have reached the illustrious pk level of 100 and your soul cries out in ecstasy at your new rank of A Divine Aspect.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Menoch is frequently afk or dc'd in random parts of the world, also gaze rooms :[
  • IniarIniar Australia
    How true this is.

• IniarIniar Australia
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2814
    Date: 8/27/2014 at 21:14
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: House and Shop Changes

Took a short break from shrines to code in a few things people have been asking for in houses.

1. You can now add libraries to your houses, temples, and guildhalls.

2. Libraries cost 1,000,000 gold and a librarian is included.

3. Shopkeepers can now hire a shopkeeper mob for 500,000 gold.

4. Market stalls can be collapsed with a shopkeeper in the stall.

5. You can now hire barkeepers in houses and they come with a bar. The cost is 1,000,000 gold.

6. You can now add a pantry to your house. The cost is 500,000 gold.

7. Pantrys also come with a cooking tradeskill shelf that can be assigned to cooks. Cooks will sell items from the shelf.

8. A house with a bar or a pantry will have a house cache.

9. Humgii, ibex, or gremlins can be added to houses and shops for 250,000. Stalls will still collapse.

9. Librarians, maids, butlers, chefs, barkeeps, shopkeepers, and humgii descriptions can now be customised via the 
    CUSTOMISE command.

10. You will not get your customisation credits (or token) back if you lose a city owned house or shop.

11. We will be adding a way for you to give them reactions to your house and shop mobs. Your loyal mobs could then 
    advertise specific wares when people enter, greet, or other activities.

12. Customisation now includes an option to change the gender of the submitted mob. If you change the gender all messages 
    need to be submitted representing this.
    Nice! Thank god I hadn't yet made my Meerkat Shopkeeper. :D
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Damage Type    Armour    Resists
    Cutting        21%       -21%
    Blunt          9%        -21%
    Magickal       10%       -24%
    Fire           0%        -21%
    Cold           0%        -65%
    Poison         0%        9%
    Asphyxiation   0%        -48%