Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Don't worry, we have some more artifacts coming out soon.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I heart the Great Hunts being broken up. Super excited to actually do one now.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Message #6664 Sent By: Ultrix Received On: 7/23/2014/19:50
    "This was so stupid - Cassius tried to jump me for my bounty, we went 1v1, he died. Then Mathiaus shows up, we go 1v1, he died. He then wants to go again, fine. He dies. THEN, ichimoru shows up, we go 1v1. Ichi dies. Mathiaus comes back and wants to go a THIRD time, he dies. WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALONE!! -cry-."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Double post to say that I'm surprised Shou didn't ninja out of that somehow. I guess the gigantic balance on dig was just too much for him to overcome.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• It was way too long of a balance to get out of there. I slipped around the area until I found the room Septus was actually buried in... by the time I had balance back, the entangles were too strong:(

The room was flooded, so it was completely pure luck that the water receded right before I dug.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:

Message #6664 Sent By: Ultrix Received On: 7/23/2014/19:50
    "This was so stupid - Cassius tried to jump me for my bounty, we went 1v1, he died. Then Mathiaus shows up, we go 1v1, he died. He then wants to go again, fine. He dies. THEN, ichimoru shows up, we go 1v1. Ichi dies. Mathiaus comes back and wants to go a THIRD time, he dies. WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALONE!! -cry-."

1. Is Ultrix a monk?
    2. What even #6664 <- D:
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

• Iniar said:
     2. What even #6664 <- D:
    Message #6663 Sent By: System Received On: 7/22/2014/18:50 An issue has been filed against you. Please.....
    Message #6662 Sent By: System Received On: 7/22/2014/17:12 An issue has been filed against you. Please.....
    Message #6661 Sent By: System Received On: 7/22/2014/17:01 An issue has been filed against you. Please.....
    Message #6660 Sent By: System Received On: 7/21/2014/23:11 An issue has been filed against you. Please.....
    Message #6659 Sent By: System Received On: 7/20/2014/01:50 An issue has been filed against you. Please.....

Too easy
    :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Shou too kind. I expected to be left there to suffer not being able to cure hellsight until some magick legion took pity and ended my misery. Alas, Shou has a heart :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Septus said:
    Shou too kind. I expected to be left there to suffer not being able to cure hellsight until some magick legion took pity and ended my misery. Alas, Shou has a heart :(
    Unlike you :P :D
  • Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I just moved onto chapter five. The hero can't swear vengeance for past traumatic massacres of his allies if he doesn't survive said massacre.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Ultrix, the pwner of mages and runeguard.
  • Septus said:
    Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I just moved onto chapter five. The hero can't swear vengeance for past traumatic massacres of his allies if he doesn't survive said massacre.
    Sorry, given your lack of a legendary claymore and clear cowardice on the battlefield, you're being flunked out of Legendary Hero School. :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I heart @Selthis for bearing with me as I raged at my crafting rejection before pointing me in the direction of customisation.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    All the monolith battles recently, no matter how annoying they can be some days.
  • All my <3 for @Myfanwe. I didn't know who you were when you favoured me, but your short meeting with me was pretty amazing.

I ended up joining your sect after we met, but I still don't know why you favoured me well beforehand :D
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • IniarIniar Australia
  • I don't <3 bashing, so by extension I tend to stay out of Great Hunts, but I am a fan of the "listen spirits" concept, and seems like the sort of thing that could be turned into tiered artifacts (not quite the current incarnation - but maybe something like an improved horn) for the post 100 crowd who might be more apt to grind towards aspect perks, etc if there was a quality of life bashing toy. If nothing else, I know Selthis would give a left nut, a second born, and lots of credits for the opportunity (and I would give credits).

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    edited July 2014
    When I saw this picture...the first thought that popped into my head was @Aleutia.

21. When this Corgi puppy looked good enough to eat

I just might love Corgi puppies now...
  • My sudden idea to see what happens if we allow a CTF run for 1 full RL day. Imagine the chaos! I'm tempted to see if @Jeremy would allow me to do this....muwahah
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Don't turn into Khizan :s
  • Eldreth said:
    I don't <3 bashing, so by extension I tend to stay out of Great Hunts, but I am a fan of the "listen spirits" concept, and seems like the sort of thing that could be turned into tiered artifacts (not quite the current incarnation - but maybe something like an improved horn) for the post 100 crowd who might be more apt to grind towards aspect perks, etc if there was a quality of life bashing toy. If nothing else, I know Selthis would give a left nut, a second born, and lots of credits for the opportunity (and I would give credits).

Meh. Bashing is easy enough without utterly trivializing it this way.

Literally, all I did for this Great Hunt was make these two triggers:

/ac {The final blow is too much} {listen spirits} {event}
    /ac {You tilt your head to listen to murmurings of the spirits rushing around you.} {bash} {event}

I set them running and then just chatted in ring while it churned out spirits, and I placed in every hunt I participated in. It was the most ridiculously stupid uninvolved thing. It's literally just a DPS race, which means that the outcome is basically set at the start just by who's participating and when they started. I won't beat Shou, I won't beat Selthis, I will beat Tikal, etc, etc.

It's awful and it's dumb and I hate it.

• Khizan said:
    Eldreth said:
    I don't <3 bashing, so by extension I tend to stay out of Great Hunts, but I am a fan of the "listen spirits" concept, and seems like the sort of thing that could be turned into tiered artifacts (not quite the current incarnation - but maybe something like an improved horn) for the post 100 crowd who might be more apt to grind towards aspect perks, etc if there was a quality of life bashing toy. If nothing else, I know Selthis would give a left nut, a second born, and lots of credits for the opportunity (and I would give credits).

Meh. Bashing is easy enough without utterly trivializing it this way.

Literally, all I did for this Great Hunt was make these two triggers:

/ac {The final blow is too much} {listen spirits} {event}
    /ac {You tilt your head to listen to murmurings of the spirits rushing around you.} {bash} {event}

I set them running and then just chatted in ring while it churned out spirits, and I placed in every hunt I participated in. It was the most ridiculously stupid uninvolved thing. It's literally just a DPS race, which means that the outcome is basically set at the start just by who's participating and when they started. I won't beat Shou, I won't beat Selthis, I will beat Tikal, etc, etc.

It's awful and it's dumb and I hate it.

I dunno. I hate area competition. I hate that warhorns would play a big part in this event. I do find it funny that you regularly brag about priest dps for bashing on bellatores and I want to say you said your dps was 70ish.  I had roughly 65 dps when I was fully buffed (about half the time) and artifacted out the ass. So by all logic you should have beat me.

I just like seeing numbers go up.  I mean, I get that its not your cup of tea.  But that doesn't mean its strictly awful, just that you found it so.  What they should have done was break it down into tiers. Or aspect and non aspect. Or capped the max a person could win to 400 credits or something.  

There's no real perfect solution to a great hunt that is going to make it fun. I just want something equivalent that is an artifact that does the same thing outside of great hunts because it appeals to the way I want to bash (the laziest,  most no effort way possible). 
  • edited July 2014

No, I sit at about 60ish in athletic. Also, with crits as a factor critical hit rates matter, too. Access to things like the auction crit artifact, crit pendants, clovers, sunburst etching, and other such things matters, too. It's entirely possible my straight dps could be higher than yours on paper, but lower than yours in practice due to things like that.

Anyways, when I was getting up in the 70's-80's was at the end of the first event, when I had Septus camping out beside me spamming Warchant.

And, I found it un-awful enough to place in three of them. What I find awful is basically the complete and utter lack of involvement in the process. Make some simple triggers, sit there, watch it climb. In all the events I was around for, at least, everybody who placed was pretty heavily artifacted, which means it's a long boring process that really only benefits the people who need it the least.

I just think the execution of these hunts ends up being pretty lame. I mean, I sat one room outside the gates and let a pair of triggers run for three hours, and I got credits for doing it. I just think that's kind of bullshit.  Yeah, if they do it again, I will totally get Ashel or somebody to scum up a Wardancer to AFK on warchant triggers for me and then sit there and roll on 80 dps, and it will totally be bullshit, but it will be 'free' credits and so I'll do it.  :/

• Move your anger to I Hate. I keep thinking there is real love happening here, but I am wrong!
  • I Heart Hating? :(

• Listen Spirits helped me get from level 23ish to level 50+ in one three hour hunt, when I don't know where else to hunt. Don't hate :D
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • edited July 2014
    Bashing is easy. But the incentive factor goes down significantly once you pass 100 and maybe grab a couple of Aspect perks. So you have to make it easy to keep me interested in seeing that number go up. I don't tend to log on and AFK for hours on end (if that's your thing, more power to you). I also don't tend to autoquest or fish. And like many others, I have a small group of bashing spots that I feel are worth my limited time for the effort. And not surprisingly, those spots are also held dear by others (a pox on Tikal and Wysrias). So if I can change my day from #if @monoliths/@shardfalls/@bounties/@champions/@septusgriefing = 0 and @kilathu or @Iaat =farmed then logout, to playing for an hour in my own bashing instant artifact and perhaps some of those other variables change in the interim, that is going to keep me in the game longer. And I am not unusual in this thinking.

edit: As I said in my earlier post, I <3 the spirit concept (whether or not it is appropriate for a credit-incentive bashing contest) and think it could serve as the kernel for some sort of improved (from an actual bashing perspective) horn in such a way that didn't promote 24/7 city-bound bashing zombies