Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Ashani said:
    The only cool ones that count are in Demonic.
    I dunno, I heard Lazal is pretty cool too.
  • @Svorai should never go unsaid. @Xuli is great. @Lazal is cool too. Most if not all of our entities are pretty awesome.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    edited August 2014
    @Mathiaus' attempt to kill me for my mono while I'm bashing.

You have reached your destination. (Back in Antioch at the Shuk)
    H:472/472 M:293/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:35 X:1.24  
    You may drink another healing elixir.
    H:472/472 M:293/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:35 X:1.24  rt already did
    [R] Ulynt: -puts up cloak-.
    H:472/472 M:280/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    [R] Celestine: Already did.
    H:472/472 M:280/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    [R] Ultrix: Fail ulynt, fail.
    H:472/472 M:273/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    The air around you is suddenly filled with the crackling of Moradeim energy.
    H:472/472 M:273/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  rt lol
    [R] Celestine: Lol.
    H:472/472 M:273/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    You sip mana.
    Your mind feels rejuvenated.
    H:472/472 M:331/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    [R] Ulynt: Nyuknyuknyuk.
    You may drink another healing elixir.
    You feel your density return to normal.
    def- density
    You quickly rub some mass salve on your skin.
    Your body grows extremely dense and heavy as the mass salve infuses your skin.
    def+ density
    H:472/472 M:331/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  rt oh god, please come to Antioch
    [R] Celestine: Oh god, please come to Antioch.
    H:472/472 M:324/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    You may apply another salve.
    H:472/472 M:324/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    Mathiaus enters from the ether. [Lifevision]
    He is followed by a massive skeletal songbird, a sketch of a Hunter, a sketch of a Renegade, and a sketch of a Runeguard.
    [AL] Mathiaus - here
    An elite Muamrite archer slices Mathiaus's neck with the taut string of his bow.
    H:472/472 M:317/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    Mathiaus concentrates briefly on a sketch of a Runeguard.
    A sketch of a Runeguard moves in to engage you.
    Mathiaus ceases to play a massive harp.
    Mathiaus drew a Broken Statue and a massive shield.
    Mathiaus flings a heavy statue to the ground and watches as it breaks into numerous pieces, creating piles of rubble everywhere before the slim figure of the statue picks itself up and crawls back into Mathiaus's arms.
    H:472/472 M:317/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    A massive wooden bolt flies in from the southwest, impaling Mathiaus directly through the chest, lifting him off his feet.
    Mathiaus leaves to the northeast. [Lifevision]
    [AL] Mathiaus - northeast
    H:472/472 M:311/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    A cannon ball races in from the southwest and streaks northeastward.
    Mathiaus has been slain by an elite Muamrite archer.
    You see a huge rock flying in the skies above you.
    H:472/472 M:311/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  rt hahahahaha
    [R] Celestine: Hahahahaha.
    Exemplar Ulynt says, "You are not the brightest Magicker."
    H:472/472 M:304/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
    [R] Larkin: Ha, he did.
    H:472/472 M:304/336 <eb db> B:0 T:22:36 X:1.24  
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Us bards can't be sneaky like everyone else!
    Forgive the double post, but...

You take 1 redshard, bringing the total to 23.
    You begin focusing on the power of Moradeim, the moon of Change, and the air around you is suddenly filled with noise.
    H:467(100%) M:524(94%) XP:52.02 (0) <eb db> [NH] 6:56
    You feel your density return to normal.
     [Defence]: density-
    H:467(100%) M:528(95%) XP:52.02 (0) <eb db> [NH] 6:56
    The crackling of energy reaches its peak, and as it subsides, you find yourself standing next to Celestine.
    In a dark sand tunnel.
    This has been marked as holy ground. There are 2 short-horned desert locusts here. Lady Celestine Stark is here, a scintillating aura of light surrounding her. She wields a
    kite shield in her left hand and a curved sabre in her right.
    You see exits leading southeast and southwest.

[Cut to...]

H:467(100%) M:547(98%) XP:52.02 (0) <eb db> [NH] 6:57
    You cut off your emanation of the word of power.
     [MS]: Healing+
    A chorus of music rises up from the corpse of Celestine and you feel a sudden surge of vitality.
    Your faith increases as Celestine falls by your hand.
    A beatific look of bliss appears on Celestine's face as her ears begin to harden and turn to pure marble. The marble quickly spreads over her face and down her neck, turning
    her entire form white. After her entire body has been completely transformed, a fine skein of thin flame wreathes over the chest of the statue, imprinting a short passage onto
    it.
    You have slain Celestine.
     [Slain]: [ Celestine KILLED ]

[And finally...]

You have successfully gained control of the monolith.

If at first you don't succeed, die many times after and get lucky :P
  • Moral of the story - don't text and bash.
  • edited August 2014
    I <3 Khandava's little crop of newbies/lowbies. They are vastly entertaining.
  • Can I be the one that almost gets smacked into the wall?
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • <3@Kanthari‌ and @Ferrus. EVIL SHENANIGANS.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • IniarIniar Australia
    This made me laugh

** Those other MUDs have embezzled billions from you, the voters. Those other MUDs have been shown to have poor family values. Those other MUDs have done nothing to earn your trust. Vote for Imperian: a MUD you can trust, a MUD with strong family values, a MUD that will represent you as the TopMUD. This broadcast has been paid for and approved by Dranor. **
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited August 2014
    I <3@Septus, @Shou for being such great sports in our Modin Valley battle...
    I <3@Shou for cirisosing Maglust...
    I <3@Kyris, @Maglust, @Ishtar for taking the battle to the desert dwellers... 

:D:D:D
    <3

• Shark Week. All of it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • I heart The Blade Itself. After reading the Heroes, it's neat to get to know some of the legends of the universe, even if it is weird to see Dow not referenced as Black Dow. 
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
    I finally made a reliable toxin tracker in mudlet. Training wheels are finally off!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Does that include mentals, Mathiaus? And can you go backwards and revert decisions?
    Includes mentals. I haven't set anything yet to revert decisions. Any advice as to applying that? It mostly tailors to search for the most prominent afflictions that may have been cured and reapplies them first in the affliction queue before any of the filler afflictions. With mage, you don't really have a huge list to guess from, but I'd like to apply it with other classes.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I don't revert decisions (yet). A lot of effort, uncertain gain, people just staffcast anyway. Sad face.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Noticing that Shou got 19 kills recently. Sorry Shou, finally time to break out that nerf-cirisosis bat I've been crafting in sekretsssss
  • That bat fits together so well with my nerf-brainmelt one. We should get together and collaborate.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia

Garryn said:
    Iniar said:
    nerf-cirisosis
    I never thought I'd see this day.
    Secretly, neither did I :s

• Garryn said:
    Iniar said:
    nerf-cirisosis
    I never thought I'd see this day.
    I hope you haven't been looking forward to it too:(
  • I mentioned something like a year ago and the answers I got were....'well nobody uses it'.
  • As aff-based instas go, ciri is inferior to brainmelt and superior to enlighten, IMO. If you screw them up you get nothing but the disdain of your teammates (whereas with brainmelt you'll generally always get some kind of decent damage). Enlighten is worse since its easier to dodge the madness than most affs you'd likely see for the other two by a considerable margin and is easier to turtle against I find.

That's really a problem with aff based instas in team settings in general though: anything one aff class can do solo two can do exponentially better. That said, the same goes for damage (two druids, two templars, two summoners). I throw a tantrum as much as the next person when Iniar/Zith ninja enlighten me off the other's madness, but that's how it goes. Arguably, brainmelt and ciri are also considerably nastier as you can cure around enlighten far easier, but that's pretty much theorycrafting and isn't really going to be viable if there are other people hitting you as well (although the option being there is definitely good).

I don't personally see that big an issue with affliction routes being viable in the primarily damage dominated team metagame, but I'm definitely one of the minority who enjoys that stuff.

• edited August 2014
    Personally, I think the affliction list bein so broad and based on toxins any class can apply is the issue (compounded by the speed of twinshot). Ciri IMO is greater than BM because of this since BM afflictions don't have as much overlap with every class. If I were to classlead it, I'd likely ask for a reduced toxin or greater aff threshold, and maybe also something that requires more interaction with the pred. Maybe a mechanic similar to hunter blood poison where they would have to raise the ciri level to 4 or something before kill or could burst it for some amount of damage at lower ciri levels. Think this would certainly still be viable in solo/teams. My opinion only based on so-so knowledge of the class.

(Edit) afterthought, preds are also quite a bit more tanky than any hunter. So that's something to consider with the speed of kill too.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited August 2014
    Just make twinshot hit rebounding and see what happens. Even in a 1v1, twinshot is too fast - it's like taking cake from a Diabolist baby. Ciri is just the end-demonstration of how insane twinshot is, though arguments around affliction stacking are valid.

E: I kinda missed everyone's point :s but I'm hung up over twinshot speed because... well.. because go buy an L3 sheath, go Fast and come back and tell me you didn't just drive Imperian's Bugatti Veyron.

E2: Ok, ok, it's like... Wytch is a Ferrari Enzo, and L3 Twinshot is a Bugatti Veyron.
  • Did Cassius just claim Brainmelt has less or little overlap? Magick's synergy lends itself in spades to Brainmelt.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • You cannot balance an affliction kill around groups. It just cannot be done. There is no feasible 1v1 affliction kill that cannot be completed far faster and far more easily by a group of people who coordinate their efforts, and it DOES require coordination. Much more coordination than, say, two druids just opening up on somebody and flailing somebody down, which is just as certain a kill as Septus and Shou working a cirisosis combo.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited August 2014

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I just think it's hilarious it took this long. What was it like two or three betas ago I remember Iniar and I testing in various statpacks and with various levels of darthsheaths, and finding in vae-sant as fast with l1 sheath you could get the same aff rate as a fast knight with I believe a 240 or so sabre, but again without dealing with rebounding. I told @Shou this when I was in AM and I believe his answer was something to the effect of 'Why would I play a predator that's all about sitaras and stuff and just be throwing darts?'. It is good to see change, of course.