Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• We don't bitch about it because it is part of the skill. You lose far less than we do, but we do not complain because we understand that the associated risk of Lust negating rites on that one player is cancelled by the fact that rites are hitting the rest of their team.

You lose far less than we do, example by example. We accept it as balanced. Why can't you?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited April 2014
    A Summoner that is lusting you in a fight is:

a Summoner that is not damaging you.

a Summoner that is not gaining any taint.

Now, this may be a terrible analogy but just imagine Imperian as a TCG.

You are playing the Anti-Magick Deck and I am playing the Demonic Deck.

You have Templar and two whatever other cards on the table. 

The Templar card is an 12/12 with the effect: Aura: Enemy cards receive 2 damage every turn and cannot retreat.

I have a Summoner, and whatever else cards on the board.

The Summoner Card is an 10/10 with the effect: Tap this card: Put a token on enemy card, that card's Aura is silenced. That person may choose to Tap their card to remove the token.

Now, depending on how many cards I have on the board, if I have a lot of cards, it might be better to use my Summoner's ability. If have just the Summoner against the Templar, it makes very little sense to use it.

Now, in the case that you do decide to reject. Rejecting without a Diadem costs 3.2 eq and with Diadem 2.75 eq. Lusting in fast is 3.4 bal and Lusting in Intelligent is 4.2 bal. You either come out 1:1 or better as the person rejecting, yet you think this is unbalanced for some reason (I saw Ferriter rejecting and getting empressed).

edit: mixed up the with/without diadem eq costs.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Truthfully the only person fun spamming lust against is Kryss. :( Because Septus has a Raksha band (and God knows where that ends up :s)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited April 2014
    Hello random gathering of friendly forum goers, I have some empirical evidence.

Menoch was a summoner for like 2-3 IRL years. Old and new. I defended the shit out of empress then, along with pathfinder, universe, and hermit. Some of these got nerfed by guys using those abilities now (who are occasionally reminiscing about the good ol' days, ha).

Menoch was most recently AM and never got empressed, despite what can probably only roughly be estimated as 'a whole shitload' of attempts during a barrage of Demonic (and Magick for a while!) engagements where we were thoroughly outnumbered and farmed into the ground. Note also here I was being ranged by doppies and roots, and didn't get empressed.

Menoch is now Magick and gleefully looks forward to irritating the hell out of summoners who try to play what remains of Imperian's ranged combat game. The rules have already been elaborated upon ad nauseum above, there's really no better advice I can give you.

teal deers - If you are being empressed you are bad and should feel bad. I said it Demonic, I didn't have to say it as AM, and I'm saying it now as Magick.

ETA: I guess the evidence is anecdotal, but whatever. I worked 12 hours and my neck hurts.
    You know I actually forgot about Raido. But I only recently got into this circle hopping thing, I was Stavennite for like a zillion years.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Zillion + 1 and when you left it was over some silly new summoner (Tavion?) and you fought with Kryss - both of you subsequently ended up in AM :(
  • edited April 2014
    Ironic, because now Menoch is forced to work with Ressnik.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Or he could do the Azefel, kill Ressnik first then kill other people :D
    No one is -forced- to work with anybody, but at this point I'm reading these random bardling's classleads and wondering what I've gotten myself into. I actually didn't get kicked, I gave Maggie his 3rd support vote and then a (very) little while later wanted templar because it's awesome.
  • Menoch said:
    No one is -forced- to work with anybody, but at this point I'm reading these random bardling's classleads and wondering what I've gotten myself into. I actually didn't get kicked, I gave Maggie his 3rd support vote and then a (very) little while later wanted templar because it's awesome.
    Welcome to Magick! Your standard issue victimized personality will be in the mail shortly. :(
  • I've enjoyed my time in Magick so far.

It has reminded me just how much of a masochistic personality I have and how I should probably see a therapist about it.

... Oh god, the standard issue victimized personality has already begun to emerge too. Halp.
  • You didn't get kicked but you basically got upset that Auvryist was taking Harbinger of the Damned and Imperator and 
    placed Maglust as Imperator out of spite and left. 
    ...what. I got upset that I told Auvryist I'd be gone for a week and came back to an election running, but giving up Imperator was just being tired of it. It's far more fun to play with no responsibility. Maglust and Ellarynth cried and screamed and banged their heels over any/every change and placing Maglust wasn't out of spite, it was mostly because of the choices he was the only one I felt comfortable with, and he had told me he had himself and Ellarynth backing him.

I mean I know you weren't in the city, but you could try to get the motivations right instead of guessing.
  • But he was in the ring where the drama (ooc/ic) played out. Anyone in that ring knows that it wasn't leaving on good terms or to pursue templar.
    Oh definitely -not- good terms, but definitely to pursue templar. We'd just come out of the beta and I wanted some of that sweet sweet mirroring/cleansing action.
  • I wasn't in the city, no, but I was helping Auvryist construct his political campaign and was able to, through different sources, keep up with what was occurring. If Maglust kicking and screaming was part of the reason why you wanted to leave your Imperator seat, I don't see the logic in placing him there. Auvryist was someone who actively fought, had a good RP direction, sensible, competent and most of all, was very active. I like Maglust, but I wouldn't be able to say he was the better candidate.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    The last time Shaylei triggered it, we simply spammed her with her automation until she turned it off. Never hand your enemy the means to control your responses.
  • I've never seen such long winded issue pre-gaming before. It's...unique
  • edited April 2014
    If they ever were Knights cleaving me or beheading me, I think I would just farsee them to save myself. They are surely not smart enough to turn the response off in combat.

EDIT: Or mashing Reclaim.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    AB KANAI Rejuvenation 

PRAY FOR REJUVENATION
      PRAY FOR NOTHING <-- ahahahahahaha :D

This prayer restores mana of all your allies in the room.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    sometimes only weirdo Malaysians can interpret things a certain way
  • IniarIniar Australia
    A wee black widow spider casts off from her web and wrap Scarlette's face in sticky, smelly webbing.

• 15:31 From Cassius:
          Says the man who had 9 people grouped and waiting.

Coming from a man who plays in a circle where losing 9v4 happens on both sides. Fix your org. :(
  • I make no excuses for terribles, me being one of them.

I was just commenting on the fact that you guys always complain about numbers v. Magick but more often than not, I'm facing a larger number of demoners.
  • I'm leaning towards the fact that, more often than not, when a fight happens, more than 50% of the CWHO of Khandava and Stavenn horde in, even relative no-names like me.

On the other hand, twelve hours or so ago, Juran/Khizan/Ashakai were felling trees in Celidon. I was in my Celidon alt, and CWHO showed 8 people. No one came to defend.

:|
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    edited April 2014
    @Cassius

Dude... don't even bother. We sucked when we couldn't field a force of any size, even when we have the highest population. We suck when we have a good turn out and we still get beat. We make progress... we still suck.

Yes.

Magick sucks.

E Pluribus Anus.

Now that we've reiterated that, once again, maybe we can hear a different song from the "Screw amusing smack talk,

image.
    glee club.