Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Templar is a pretty tough act to compare to. That's 5 years of terrible classleads all mishmashed into an un-censored hodgepodge of awesome with 0 oversight. Runeguard is equally bad because someone thought upgraded shadowplant (x2) and transfix every other round were balanced in combat. I'd like to state again that we are all lucky that every person who owns runeguard right now is probably terrible at it. As it stands now, disembowel is super easy for both of these professions because they're terribly good. We don't need to ratchet up Deathknight to be as broken as Templar and Runeguard. We need to downgrade some of the retarded and bring Templar and Runeguard down a few pegs.

I think the problem you're having is you're comparing your balanced deathknight to two stupidly good classes. Anything you add to the affliction power of deathknight is going to lower the bar for vivisect and disembowel. If you can't vivisect, the setup for vivisect is not too dissimilar for the setup for disembowel. Broken legs? Prone into impale/disembowel.

As for damage, you're shit out of luck against some people. The activation period, static burst, low duration make it hard to put away tanky targets. Classleads nerfed it into the ground because it needed it. Then someone gave old soulquench to templars (emblazon). DK's got to eat their nerf cake and Templars got to revel in the hotness of soulquench without any of the dumb balancing factors ever applied to it. They also get to staffcast after soulquench claymore dsls as a 'finisher, beginner, sustainer, all around burst dps ability'.

The big problem with Deathknight is that Runeguard and Templar both have mulitple ways to put you away quickly. DK has two setup kills where you're looking at seal team six coordination or 1-2 minutes of setup, a problem the other classes don't run into.

• I'm fine with either bringing downgrades Templar // Runeguard or upgrading Deathknight, but from our experiences with the past few classleads it seems less likely that Templar or Runeguard will get downgrades which is why I want to prepare for suggestion decent upgrades to Deathknight that frankly should not exceed or match the ridiculous levels of Templar or Runeguard but at least throw it a bone (ha ha). This is why I want to dispel the notion that vivisect is a good reason to hold Deathknight back because I don't find any merit to the idea.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:

Also, the notion that speeding up Deathknights affliction rate will make affliction vivisects or limb vivisects more powerful is just false. In order to get an affliction vivisect, you'd have to achieve a softlock

Yeah, no. Go in the corner and think about what you just said.

What leads to soft lock? - Afflictions
    What does increasing the rate of afflictions do? -More afflictions faster.
    What does this do the time of soft-lock set up? -Reduces it.
    If you reduce time for soft lock, what does it do with vivisect set up? -Reduces the setup time.
    GIVING AFFLICTIONS FASTER MAKES SOFT LOCKS FASTER WHICH LETS YOU VIVISECT FASTER

Also, you don't -need- a soft lock. You're just obsessed with 'locking'. This is why we can't have nice things.

We had a nice thing. Her name was 'Quicken' :)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iluv said:

I'm fine with either bringing downgrades Templar // Runeguard or upgrading Deathknight, but from our experiences with the past few classleads it seems less likely that Templar or Runeguard will get downgrades which is why I want to prepare for suggestion decent upgrades to Deathknight that frankly should not exceed or match the ridiculous levels of Templar or Runeguard but at least throw it a bone (ha ha). This is why I want to dispel the notion that vivisect is a good reason to hold Deathknight back because I don't find any merit to the idea.

RG did get a downgrade with runelore in the last classlead.
  • I heard they put an on/off switch on all the hydrogen bombs too.
  • Kryss has taught him well.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
  • IniarIniar Australia
    (Ring): Mereis says, "Druids and mages can hit me from green to red in one hit."
    (Ring): Mereis says, "Yours was more gradual."
    :D
  • And they insist that Druid was 'overnerfed'.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Magick is all about the burst now.
  • Only took like 700 days.
  • IniarIniar Australia

(Ring): Verexa says, "61 and 2."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Anyone coming?"

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko - 402h [76% m:94%]."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko sunallergy at 1/11."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko - 221h [41% m:100%]."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko sunallergy at 2/11."

(Ring): Verexa says, "KLIKO hit redemption!"

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko - 478h [90% m:97%]."

Verexa has been killed by Kliko.
    One would think that with the abundance of I-have-not-died-yet skills AM has, -they- would be the masters of Necromancy.
  • Iniar said:

(Ring): Verexa says, "61 and 2."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Anyone coming?"

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko - 402h [76% m:94%]."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko - 221h [41% m:100%]."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko sunallergy at 2/11."

(Ring): Verexa says, "Kliko - 478h [90% m:97%]."

Verexa has been killed by Kliko.
    One would think that with the abundance of I-have-not-died-yet skills AM has, -they- would be the masters of Necromancy.
    I really need to remember to watch mana during fights. :(
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited March 2014
    Against Kliko, Kryss...actually, every terrible cleric you do two things.

-AUTOCURING PRIORITY MANA

-Watch for Alacrity being turned on. --> Exit stage left (twice, two rooms > beckon). Walk around, have a coke, ponder the birds in the sky, and know that 2 rooms away some cleric is effing pissed they can't mana-drain-smite/sap  to victory. 

*edit: You can't have a coke because you're on Khizan's dr. pepper plan. Drink water and do the rest of that.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited March 2014
    Or just cle

Or better yet, red the fkn instructions

I hate people
  • Your keen senses notice a single shard flying towards Animal Activists.

Imperian is taking pot shots at PETA.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    (Ring): Mereis says, "What summoner stuff goes through barrier?"

(Ring): You say, "Hope."

(Ring): You say, ":D."

(Ring): Mereis says, "I haven't transed that yet."

(Ring): Mereis says, "D:."

(Ring): Khizan says, "Nothing :p."

(Ring): Caelya says, "We're going to grind the hope right out of you."
    Every day in Demonic…
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 8920 Gold.
    490H100 442M96 0B [eb db][T:-] queue eqbal put  sovereigns in 107458
    eqbal+ Put  sovereigns in 107458
    You put 10000 gold sovereigns in a canvas backpack.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited April 2014
    To @Iniar: Redoing my aff tracker.
    490H100 448M97 0B [eb db][T:Airamaya|R] 
    To Iniar: link to screenshot
    490H100 452M98 0B [eb db][T:Airamaya|R] 
    From Iniar: Love the grey.
    490H100 455M98 0B [eb db][T:Airamaya|R] 
    From Iniar: WILL COPY :D.
    490H100 455M98 0B [eb db][T:Airamaya|R] 
    From Iniar: Hahahaha.
    490H100 457M99 0B [eb db][T:Airamaya|R] 

• Sent By: (imperian) on 4/03/2014/14:00
    You have been invited to join the clan of The Black Company by Someone. CLAN ACCEPT BCO to join.

Oh snap this is about to get real.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    Sent By: (imperian) on 4/03/2014/14:00
    You have been invited to join the clan of The Black Company by Someone. CLAN ACCEPT BCO to join.

I was excited until I saw that you got invited. I'll probably quit since standards are so low!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited April 2014
    Bathan said:

Eldreth said:

Sent By: (imperian) on 4/03/2014/14:00

I was excited until I saw that you got invited. I'll probably quit since standards are so low!

Suit yourself. More glory for me then!

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  •  
    Your 1st hand won! Joorg, the blackjack dealer hands you 250 gold sovereigns, and you collect your bet.
    Your 2nd hand lost to Joorg, the blackjack dealer, who collects your bet.
    Your 3rd hand lost to Joorg, the blackjack dealer, who collects your bet.
    Your 4th hand lost to Joorg, the blackjack dealer, who collects your bet.
    Your 5th hand tied the dealer's. You collect your bet.
    Your 6th hand lost to Joorg, the blackjack dealer, who collects your bet.
    Your 7th hand tied the dealer's. You collect your bet.
    Your 8th hand lost to Joorg, the blackjack dealer, who collects your bet.
    Your 9th hand won! Joorg, the blackjack dealer hands you 250 gold sovereigns, and you collect your bet.
    Your 10th hand won! Joorg, the blackjack dealer hands you 250 gold sovereigns, and you collect your bet.
    Your 11th hand lost to Joorg, the blackjack dealer, who collects your bet.

Welp.

• The feeling of dread reaches its peak as an earlier word of power strikes you.
    A sudden piercing tone leaves you feeling rather reckless.
    Afflicted: recklessness
    Mathiaus concentrates briefly on a sketch of a Hunter.
    A sketch of a Hunter blasts you with a shroud of frosty breath, drastically sapping your body and sending you into a state of frostbite.
    Afflicted: shivering
    Afflicted: frostbite
    A sudden piercing tone tears through your being, confusing you.
    Afflicted: confusion
    Afflicted: impatience
    You feel a wave of sickness wash over you.
    Afflicted: nausea
    Afflicted: stupidity

Wait what
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2014
    Bards are underpowered. They can't afflict. It's being handled this next classlead round. We're going to up it from 6-7 to 9 (considering 11). We're also going to try to raise the resonance ceiling because you can't spam the same combos enough in the current system.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Savari, aren't you a Magicker? Why it surprise you? :P
  • Haven't really seen anyone else's skills yet, but I've learned that magi and bards are both kind of crazy!