Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Ahkan said:
    Bards are underpowered. They can't afflict. It's being handled this next classlead round. We're going to up it from 6-7 to 9 (considering 11). We're also going to try to raise the resonance ceiling because you can't spam the same combos enough in the current system.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Are you sad that this is happening? Or sad that it's hyperbole based on real statements?
  • Absolutely the former. 
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited April 2014
    Bard is fine now. Only things I've seen needing tweaked are:

-changing how confusion works. It limits physical based classes too well.

-possibly want change to reckless immunity for summoner. Beastbane I can get more sketches, and Battlemarch is purgable from another bard, but there's no way to stop summoners immunity. This holds relevance only because bard's afflicting stacks rely solely on reckless.(highly doubt this will change)

-change varaye's variables affecting length, such as the major drop from the resonance stack.

Good offenses mess up my timing. Priest, monk, predator, and all afflicting classes I've fought do a good job about it.

Mess up my myried flare, i can't afflict impatience or confusion. Entangle among other things works well against this.

Keep up rebounding, I can't afflict oxalis/ciguatoxin as easily.

Prioritize recklessness, impatience, confusion, frost bite, peace, numbness, and AB VOICE NUARINYU for it's list of afflictions.

Learn to shield. Especially with rebounding, RG sketch can't raze rebounding and shield at the same time. It'll build up resonance while keeping you safe.

Someone said you can't expect to have one build that can tank all classes. Have to learn which setups stop each class.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2014
    nvm
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Mathiaus said:
    -possibly want change to reckless immunity for summoner. Beastbane I can get more sketches, and Battlemarch is purgable from another bard, but there's no way to stop summoners immunity. This holds relevance only because bard's afflicting stacks rely solely on reckless.(highly doubt this will change).
    If the only way to purge Battlemarch is from the same profession then Battlemarch is essentially the same as Buul. Actually, Buul is worse off because you have to sacrifice another demon summon to use it. For the Bard/Summoner problem, the more obvious fix would be allow Ta'd Innyo to give impatience and confusion when target has either recklessness or dizziness.
  • I do not believe Bard is fine, but it is far closer to fine now than it was before new resonance. There are knobs and dials to turn now that make the class far easier to balance.

Bedazzlement, Frostbite on Hunter sketch, Resonance Cap. These are all things that need to be thought about. I feel like the class still needs to be leaned closer to requiring finesse rather than brute force, but that will take an appropriately delicate hand to achieve.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • -changing how confusion works. It limits physical based classes too well.
    That's not how confusion works? You're thinking of lethargy. You counter this by not mindlessly spamming combo bal/eq commands. You can code in checks of "Am I lethargic? Don't use that balance. Am I confused? Don't spam that equilibrium. From what I've seen, you don't do either of these things.

-possibly want change to reckless immunity for summoner. Beastbane I can get more sketches, and Battlemarch is purgable from another bard, but there's no way to stop summoners immunity. This holds relevance only because bard's afflicting stacks rely solely on reckless.(highly doubt this will change)
    This is a case of nerf your class but not my class. How many bards are going to strip recklessness? 0. Not everyone loves cross circle like you do.
    Also, recklessness is a terrible affliction to build a class offense around. <-- classlead point

-change varaye's variables affecting length, such as the major drop from the resonance stack.
    At first glance this almost seems like a legit issue. On the flip side, I don't think you use resonance efficiently, blowing 2-3 words per combo. Tbh, I think the whole resonance mechanic is sort of thumbs-down. I'd rather see voice words become slightly more useful or spread out the effectiveness of sketches to pick up what few short comings there are in bard.

Good offenses mess up my timing. Priest, monk, predator, and all afflicting classes I've fought do a good job about it.
    Good offenses mess up everyone's offense. This is sort of how the game works.

Mess up my myried flare, i can't afflict impatience or confusion. Entangle among other things works well against this.
    Again, this is how the game works. He shielded in the middle of my set up! Piss and moan.

That's sort of how combat works. I can't stick hemotoxin in wytchen if you have an aura of rebounding. Also, while you're bored look into 
    Thespia - Juggling. Not to mention, sketches.

Prioritize recklessness, impatience, confusion, frost bite, peace, numbness, and AB VOICE NUARINYU for it's list of afflictions.
    Bards don't need any of the afflictions I struck through. You're already a pretty legitimate 'delay' class with you know, passive transfix.

Learn to shield. Especially with rebounding, RG sketch can't raze rebounding and shield at the same time. It'll build up resonance while keeping you safe.
    Bards don't need engage and they certainly don't need rsl --> bard word shenanigan combos. But again, rebounding shouldn't be an issue for you.

Someone said you can't expect to have one build that can tank all classes. Have to learn which setups stop each class. <-- Lots of people said this.

At the end of the day, bard has always been a terrible class. This is primarily due to the fact that bard was a bet between to games to see who rolled out their class first. I think we won with our bottle rocket stamina. You're a quasi-affliction class with masked, randomly generated afflictions trying to push a damage kill setup that's really lackluster without you facerolling yourself out of resonance, which reduces your affliction output. Bard is a terrible option in both respects.

-Voice is ho hum by itself.
    -Sketches are too good in all the wrong ways. They're not going anywhere, so you should focus on making sketches more versatile. I.E. being able to dstab before an entire bard combo. 

• If you are confused attacks flat out fail alongside the equilibrium penalty. Something to the tune (hehe) of: You raise your weapons to strike but the purpose of doing so eludes you. This is likely most evident in classes that rely on both balance types.

• That's a garryn-bot issue which I mentioned in this thread here.

I guess you're talking about this line?
    You raise your hands, but the purpose of doing so eludes you.
    sans aff+ confusion

Not sure if G-bot mods are classleads or not.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited April 2014
    Jeremy arrives from the down.
    An elite Muamrite archer rushes past Jeremy, slashing him with a scimitar as he passes.

You say to Jeremy, "Care for a duel?!"

Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.

Jeremy says, "I win."

Jeremy nods his head.

You savagely kick Jeremy in the shin and pout with a vengeance.

You let loose a fierce, grating roar at Jeremy in a show of brute dominance.

Jeremy is suddenly surrounded by an aura of translucent divine fire.

Ranai Blackmoor, Prognosticator of Malcontent says to you, "I love ya, hun, but you know how much I like to see you burn."

You say to Ranai, "Perhaps I am about to be given a leave of absence."
  • edited April 2014
    Within a sand tunnel.
    There are 2 elegant white letters here. Fangs dripping with what could only be fresh 
    blood, a shadowy figure of a hound stands here. Stamping his golden hooves and tossing his
    crimson mane, this blooded warhorse stands here bearing a regal strength. A sleek black 
    hound stands stone still, ears perked and alert. Ichimoru Synth, Via Vafer is here, 
    covered in a thin sheen of ice. He wields a lunar shield in his left hand and a Souledge 
    Sabre in his right. Shou Agarwaen is here, giving off a truly ghastly stench. He wields 
    Insidian's Bane in his left hand and a banded shield in his right.
    You see exits leading southeast and northwest.

Shou Agarwaen says, "What are you two doing in the sewers."

Ichimoru Synth, Via Vafer says, "Oh just exploring."

You nod your head in agreement.

You say, "Taking a stroll."

Shou Agarwaen says, "Mhmm.."

Ichimoru Synth, Via Vafer says to Shou, "What are you doing here?"

You give Shou the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Shou Agarwaen says, "I'm allowed to be here."

Comprehension flashes across Ichimoru's face.

You say to Ichimoru, "I thought he'd have something more clever."

Ichimoru gives you a nod of acknowledgement.

Shou Agarwaen says, "I don't need to be clever to trespassers."

You prod Shou in the chest.

You ask, "Who's trespassing?"

Shou Agarwaen says, "I see two city enemies right here."

You say, "We own this room."

You say, "You're the trespasser."

Ichimoru nods his head in agreement.

Shou Agarwaen says, "I beg to differ."

"Oh?" Ichimoru exclaims quizzically.

You secure your previously wielded item and instantly draw a truesilver claymore into your
    left hand.
    You strengthen your grip until your fists are rock solid.
    H:472 M:335 <eb db> envenom 150253 with strychnine+arc+screech

You rub some strychnine on a truesilver claymore.
    You swing a truesilver claymore in a wide arc to hit everyone within your reach.
    Your blade clips Ichimoru who cries out in pain.
    Your blade clips Shou who cries out in pain.
    Balance Taken: 4.47s
    You screech wildly at the top of your voice.
    Equilibrium Taken: 4.20s
    The image of Shou blurs, fading to a green nebula as he vanishes to the northwest.

Your senses flare as a luminous green image drifts in from the northwest, its appearance 
    sharpening to reveal Shou.

You nod your head.

Ichimoru nods his head.

You snort arrogantly.

Ichimoru's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

You say to Ichimoru, "He's back."

You say, "In our room."

"Grrrrrr," Ichimoru says.

Shou places two fingers into his mouth and utters a shrill whistle.
    An elusive spider trots in and looks up at Shou expectantly.

Shou Agarwaen says, "Well then."

You say to Shou, "You're not welcome here."

Shou takes a long drag off his pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.

Shou secures his previously wielded item and instantly draws a metallic incinerator into 
    his left hand.

Shou secures his previously wielded items and instantly draws Insidian's Bane into his 
    left hand, with a banded shield flowing into the right.

You have emoted: Clark scribbles a line in the sand.

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Shou.
    =======================Rebounding Up===============================

Shou carefully inserts a shard into a metallic incinerator.

Ichimoru Synth, Via Vafer says to Shou, "Well? I think its about time you carried on your 
    way."

Shou secures his previously wielded item and instantly draws a metallic incinerator into 
    his left hand.

Shou's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    =================Rebounding Down===================
    Shou points a metallic incinerator to the northwest and a blazing wall of fire slowly 
    forms, radiating heat.

Shou secures his previously wielded items and instantly draws Insidian's Bane into his 

his left hand.

Shou points a metallic incinerator to the southeast and a blazing wall of fire slowly 
    forms, radiating heat.

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Shou.
    =======================Rebounding Up===============================

An elusive spider begins to follow Shou obediently.
    Shou unrolls a spool of cloth, forming sections of individual threads into small lassos 
    and casting them out around him.

You nod your head.

H:472 M:336 <eb db> rsl shou aconite+engage shou

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You raze Shou's aura of rebounding with a truesilver claymore.
    =================Rebounding Down===================
    You rub some aconite on a truesilver claymore.
    With a lightning-quick motion, you slash Shou with a truesilver claymore.
    Balance Taken: 3.79s
    You move in to engage Shou.
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.20s

Shou takes a drink from an ebony dragon vial.

Shou quickly eats an orphine seed.
    Shou's expression no longer looks so vacant.

You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke.

You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    Your left leg threatens to buckle as Shou hooks the razor edge of his knife through it.
    Damage Taken: 16 psychic, physical (raw damage: 25)
    You are unable to think properly.
    You are afflicted with stupidity.
    Shou quickly flows into the Gyanis stance.
    Your left leg threatens to buckle as Shou hooks the razor edge of his knife through it.
    Shou quickly flows into the Vae-Sant stance.
    Your left leg trembles slightly under the blow.
    Shou quickly flows into the Gyanis stance.

Shou was a beast here. Didn't expect that from him. You'll have to check out the death log to see how it turned out.

-changing how confusion works. It limits physical based classes too well.
    That's not how confusion works? You're thinking of lethargy. You counter this by not mindlessly spamming combo bal/eq commands. You can code in checks of "Am I lethargic? Don't use that balance. Am I confused? Don't spam that equilibrium. From what I've seen, you don't do either of these things.

(Nor do many others. And I was informed that was what confusion was doing to certain people.)

This is a case of nerf your class but not my class. How many bards are going to strip recklessness? 0. Not everyone loves cross circle like you do.
    Also, recklessness is a terrible affliction to build a class offense around. <-- classlead point

(It's what they chose to base the class afflicting on. I already tried classleading reckless immunity out for bard, said it was not needed. This is why I assume they wouldn't, not because of your crude finger pointing.)

At first glance this almost seems like a legit issue. On the flip side, I don't think you use resonance efficiently, blowing 2-3 words per combo. Tbh, I think the whole resonance mechanic is sort of thumbs-down. I'd rather see voice words become slightly more useful or spread out the effectiveness of sketches to pick up what few short comings there are in bard.

(Complete conjecture and heavily opinionated. Plus, you can only use 2 words per combo, showing me you don't understand what you're talking about and rather just spitting out for the hell of it. If I weren't using it correctly, people wouldn't be dying frequently to me.)

Good offenses mess up everyone's offense. This is sort of how the game works.

(It's advice to people who don't know any better. Glad you still needed to be the peanut gallery.)

Again, this is how the game works. He shielded in the middle of my set up! Piss and moan.

(See above reply.)

That's sort of how combat works. I can't stick hemotoxin in wytchen if you have an aura of rebounding. Also, while you're bored look into 
    Thespia - Juggling. Not to mention, sketches.

(Someone go ahead and make a juggling bard then. I'm not stopping you. No one is. In the end the admins choose what they want and don't want. Why care about what I'd -like- to happen. It's as bad as being a Christian and hating gays. It's not like the magically get into heaven if it exists because you didn't do anything about. Stop caring what other people do. Again as well, see above reply.)

Bards don't need any of the afflictions I struck through. You're already a pretty legitimate 'delay' class with you know, passive transfix.

(Passive transfix only happens every 14 seconds *IF* the target is unblind. I can add that it only has a 50% chance of tranfix too on flare, which I bet you don't know about. As well, peace is easily curable along with the other afflictions you mentioned if you prioritize correctly, especially since I can't stack certain herbs or stop salve healing.)

Bards don't need engage and they certainly don't need rsl --> bard word shenanigan combos. But again, rebounding shouldn't be an issue for you.

(engage was never mentioned. You're reaching. Probably could do without both honestly. But again, -I- didn't make sketches or code bard. It's just what they gave.)

Someone said you can't expect to have one build that can tank all classes. Have to learn which setups stop each class. <-- Lots of people said this.

(I'm sure they have. Thanks again peanut gallery.)

At the end of the day, bard has always been a terrible class. This is primarily due to the fact that bard was a bet between to games to see who rolled out their class first. I think we won with our bottle rocket stamina. You're a quasi-affliction class with masked, randomly generated afflictions trying to push a damage kill setup that's really lackluster without you facerolling yourself out of resonance, which reduces your affliction output. Bard is a terrible option in both respects.

(Only two masked things, every 14 seconds and if the bard chooses to use skrtchlink sting I'm combos, every 4-6 seconds depending on specialization. Resonance is fine, cause the initial damage burst helps with low health push, which is what you need for cruel lament. You can damage and afflict without resonance. When you can afflict a great amount, it's short lived, cause it takes a long set up to do again. It's a fun class when people figure it out. We all know how you feel about it, just like how many times we've heard Azefel tell us about ambient messages.)

-Voice is ho hum by itself.
    -Sketches are too good in all the wrong ways. They're not going anywhere, so you should focus on making sketches more versatile. I.E. being able to dstab before an entire bard combo. 

(All sketch abilities are super toned down from the original skills. I'm not seeing your major issue about it. Only one I agree on is RG. About it.)

• Too poorly formatted to entirely read. Most of the points I saw were weak insults, bad logic, and missing the point. 1/4

Please reformat.

• Mathiaus said:
     If I weren't using it correctly, people wouldn't be dying frequently to me.
    That's a really weird assumption to make. Also, you can stick hemotoxin on a person with Wytch, even if they have rebounding :D
  • Eh, it doesn't really matter if a passive transfix is every 5 s or every 20 on an aff class, if your pushing your offense at all its going to fire (or they're never going to eat anything but hyssop). This is frustrating for the same reason as wd transfix: your regular offense completely locks out someone (for around 3 seconds or so, which is an enormous amount of time for any kind of non limb damage profession) and it doesn't slow down the transfixers offense at all.

I don't think confusion/lethargy are that bad, like Ahkan mentioned you can work around them if you want to for a slightly weaker offense (which is the point of the afflictions). My only issue with confusion is the same as clumsy: missing mechanics are horrible and should go away. Way more an issue with clumsy in my opinion though, and mostly because its on kelp (and too many good affs are).

edited April 2014
    Alright, so let bard keep confusion how it is. Gotcha.

And yes, people die to me. It's shocking, I know. How does the spoony bard do it? [insert highly predictable responses]

Here's it in a simple nutshell. When Kryss was monk and priest, she was able to tank my damage. I would afflict Kryss. She kept attacking. I started to damage. She stopped attacking, healed, and shielded. Restarted offense till I died.

I afflict Iluv. He afflicts back. Manage to start damaging. He shields. Goes back to super offense, slows me down and kills cause of outstanding offense.

If I'm damaging, I'm not afflicting. No afflicting means wasted resonance while shielding or healing to slow me down enough. Hit Mathiaus hard during disharmony spam, cause he's not attacking.

These two figured it out. Now, is there stuff that could change? Certainly, I agree to a point. There will always be the need, regardless of class and whatever the hell us someone decides to complain about next.

We can continue this argument if you really want, but it's obvious each side is standing firm.
  • I'm just going to focus on these two points.

Here's it in a simple nutshell. When Kryss was monk and priest, she was able to tank my damage. I would afflict Kryss. She kept attacking. I started to damage. She stopped attacking, healed, and shielded. Restarted offense till I died.

I afflict Iluv. He afflicts back. Manage to start damaging. He shields. Goes back to super offense, slows me down and kills cause of outstanding offense.

The shield spam thing is just a fact of life. It's a really lame tactic used for lame. The Admin refuses to admit it's a problem so you have to deal with it. You either plan for it or just team the shit out of it when it goes into spam shield every balance.  I can see this being a problem for resonance since she's gobbling up your resonance and wasting nothing. Maybe you can classlead a word that if you have to break a shield withing x cooldown window it refunds some resonance or two. This problem is really a fundamental flaw in the bad resonance system.

You v Iluv. Bard is honestly one of those bad hybrid classes. Summoner and Assassin do more damage than bard does. Summoner, Assassin, Malignist all afflict better than bard does. Iluv also has enough artifacts to clone you 2 or 3 times. He's also better than you. Of course he's going to mop the floor with you. The thing about bard (or at least the way you play it) you're pushing 3 kill methods (and you're super obvious about it.) Let me frontload 8 afflictions and try to time it with transfix. HEY HE'S GOING FOR CRUEL LAMENT -> DAMAGE. It's really easy for me to block that. I also know that you went all in on resonance build up to do that and you can't afford to do that much more. After that starving you for resonance is pretty easy.

Also, sketches. Sketches are all stupid. You don't need masked affs, dstab, engage, dsl, before bard combos and it's stupid to give it to you. It would be much easier to break down the specific sketch skills into less useful single, maybe double, abilities so there's a wider range of abilities that are weaker, which would allow you to justify more frequent use of them. But of course that would mean the death of reckless +2 +2 +transfix combos and I don't think anyone wants to let that baby go.

You
    I'm sorry you get transfixed so much. I'll check my logs and see how many times I witness someone be transfixed next time I'm at my computer.
  • Unless it has changed, if you relax mindseye and go trueblind, transfix on Bedazzlement never occurs. This means that people with blindfighting or variants of it are at an advantage against Bards.

I think transfix could stand to just be removed from the song and instead a different affliction or effect be put on it. The whole song could likely be scrapped/retooled in to something a little more in line with what the class wants/needs. Examples of how we do this: remove transfix, replace with a different effect OR remove all effects, replace with a different unique condition.

If shield spam is an issue, Ahkan's idea about a Voice word that restores resonance would be interesting. An interesting modification to that word, using the modification resonance note, would be immolating the shield tattoo but giving back no resonance instead (in fact, costing resonance instead).

On the topic of resonance itself, I think a tremendous issue with Bard right now is that against most people, you have the luxury of spending so little resonance on setting up and so much on delivering the killing thrust. This needs to change somehow. I believe that while @Mathiaus is the most knowledgeable Bard (not hard when every other Bard is convinced their class is underpowered), he is a long way from mastering the new resonance system. The system's perceived strength, like most resource management mechanics, is subject to change based on how many people or what people make use of it. I believe that our perception of how strong or effective the system is might be entirely skewed by player error by the users that demonstrate what it is capable of. I think the resonance system is pretty cool. I agree with @Ahkan that it has flaws, but I think it is salvageable.

Frostbite on Hunter sketch needs to either go away, get put on a cooldown, or be adjusted to a weaker strength for Bard-delivery only. If it goes away, I could see us replacing it with a sting effect that plays to the strange strategy of Bards.

On sketches pre-combo - no, no, no. It basically obviates the need to use some skills correctly. The sketch toolkit needs some looking at on both ends of the power scale (Mage sketches need to be totally remade, as do Druid sketches.. but man, Hunter sketch and Runeguard sketch need to be tweaked a lot), because there's no reason to use some of the abilities given to you when some of the others are so absurdly powerful.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Based on watching logs of Mathiaus (1st/3rd) and experiencing fighting Mathiaus, I see that he front loads a lot of his resonance. Expending 2-4 resonance on a few opening combos when we know that he's artist spec and actively waits on sketch balance.

Problems with this:
    1) You're denying yourself resonance for the 'put away'

2) Waiting for sketch balance is decreasing your overall dps/aps, which makes cruel lament less likely.

I don't agree with a lot of Mathiaus' complaints because he phrases them poorly. "I can't beat these top tier people so my class is bad." That's phrased poorly. Problems that I see with this class. First off, I think some abilities are under utilized, just glancing at the skillset. Second, the current sketches are 'too good' or 'bad'. It's hard to balance around "I can combo with dsl." Third, there's a lot of disconnect between voice, thespia, and songs. They're no real synergy between voice/songs at all, which is really a missed opportunity to versaility, skill full play, and timing. Right now the class is terribly hybridized at afflictions/damage and ends up sucking at both.

Example: The affliction list for nuaryinu sucks. Freezing, really? It's a 1s cure. Most of those are meaningless one and done focus affs. Flipside, these with spammable power words are stupid.
    Resonance spec for a while now.

Bard isn't bad.

Remove transfix. Won't ruin my day.

Remove engage, rsl. I have other ways of dealing with it.

I explain ways to deal with it -now-. What happens to it later is however admin chooses to change it. Really don't mind either way.
  • You take and tradein a Souledge Sabre, receiving 1066 Bound Credits in
    preparation for a later purchase.

I'll miss you!

• Some of these classleads...

Kalon said:
    Eye sigils are unduly difficult to use. An eye sigil only pulls people out of phase the instant it is 
    thrown on the ground. However, Magick has no way to actually see when a phased person is present in 
    the room, meaning eye sigils must be thrown blindly in the hopes of catching someone in the half a 
    second they happen to be walking through a room. 
    Haha holy cow. I guess the Renegade profession and Life Power's Detect Life doesn't exist in the game.

Kalon said:
    Problem:
    Rejecting lust carries a substantial balance cost. Consequently, it is impractical to reject lust mid-fight, which is highly detrimental to classes with offensive abilities which rely on the enemies list. Additionally, a small number of summoners flinging lust through dopplegangers can guarantee a successful empress with relatively low coordination, because the time it takes to reject all of the summoners is longer than the time it takes for the summoners to regain balance.
    Targets affected by dopplegangers have timer on them where they are immune to dopplegangers for a short time (as long as the shortest balance dopplegangers cost to use) so this argument is completely invalid.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    To be honest, I was surprised when I found out -anyone- could submit a classlead
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Also, it is practical to reject mid-fight much like it is practical to pull arrow midfight if you don't want to blow up or get barb-killed.
    edited April 2014
    I feel as if Camaris doesn't understand how over the top his classleads are becoming. Every single one I've seen would make Bard an unruley juggernaut of massive damage and afflictions than it already pretains to having. I don't fault him completely, I just know he's not fully aware of the skill balance.

-Yoth is 8 seconds, not 6.
    -The passive songs have a long balance time for a good reason, cause they're passive.
    -We already afflict like a small bursty bus. We don't need more on top of that, or to be going to masked afflictions. We were all fortunate when masked was removed from nuarinyu.
    -Our afflictions are mental based, so we hardly need more maidenhair stacks, especially since we can already afflict ciguatoxin via sketch and bedazzlement.
    -Any channeled instant kill a person can do while still being able to cure fully is too powerful.
    -Certain sketches were nerfed in beta for goods reasons. They don't need to be faster or afflict more, especially with Bard sketches. Bard is strong as it is.

He wasn't here pre-resonance change, so he is not fully aware why certain skills are the way they are. Hopefully he'll unsubmit some of them and use them on ones he might get approved, cause most of us know all of those will be rejected.

In short, Camaris is not fully educated on bard skills, so his perception of them are skewed.
  • Iluv said:

Haha holy cow. I guess the Renegade profession and Life Power's Detect Life doesn't exist in the game.

Detect Life is also an active, instant ability that carries with it an equilibrium cost. Any smart person in phase will be long gone before the aspect is able to detect life, recover balance, then throw the eye. To my knowledge, renegades can't throw sigils in phase, or send tells to people out of phase (nor see blackwinded people at all), so again there will be too much of a time lag.

If you really think my suggestions are so wildly over the top, I'd love to hear your opinions on juxtaposition (channeled ability that instantly draws anyone who enters the room out of phase), and seance (room effect that passively ticks people out of phase in the room). If you'd prefer, I'd gladly substitute in either of those effects for the ones I suggested, I just know that the admin isn't overly fond of carbon copying skills.

Iluv said:
    Targets affected by dopplegangers have timer on them where they are immune to dopplegangers for a short time (as long as the shortest balance dopplegangers cost to use) so this argument is completely invalid.
    This is in response to something I watched happen to Ferriter. I don't know whether it's bugged or the cooldown is just unacceptably close to the balance cost of rejecting, but I watched him spamming reject and still get summoned out of the room because lust stacked up between two summoners faster than he could clear it. I've been trying to get a tarot user to help me get numbers for a few days, but none seem to be willing/around. I haven't submitted the report yet though, because I was expecting it to change substantially from review.

As it stands, Empress is still incredibly powerful when compared to other summons. It's the only summon that still has a global range, it's instant, and defending against it requires staying on balance continuously, because the window you have to reject lust is small enough that even banishing the demon puts you at risk of not rejecting in time.

You have to choose whether you want Empress to be: A) the opportunistic gotcha you can use against unprepared combatants (keep the instant global summon, but make defending against it easier for people who know they're being targeted), or B) the combat summon you have to break up groups (lose out of area summons, have lust fade on its own after a short window). You can't have both in one skill though, especially when your circle already has the largest number of summons.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    disruptor > lust
  • Kalon said:
    Iluv said:

Detect Life is also an active, instant ability that carries with it an equilibrium cost. Any smart person in phase will be long gone before the aspect is able to detect life, recover balance, then throw the eye. To my knowledge, renegades can't throw sigils in phase, or send tells to people out of phase (nor see blackwinded people at all), so again there will be too much of a time lag.

If you really think my suggestions are so wildly over the top, I'd love to hear your opinions on juxtaposition (channeled ability that instantly draws anyone who enters the room out of phase), and seance (room effect that passively ticks people out of phase in the room). If you'd prefer, I'd gladly substitute in either of those effects for the ones I suggested, I just know that the admin isn't overly fond of carbon copying skills.

Surely the better thing to aim for will be making the Life power a little more useable.

Perhaps swap it to an ability that allows you to "see" phased/blackwinded for 10s. If someone is running around on you phased, you can find them within a 10s window.