Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I was referring to things like this..

Proprietor: Tullen, the Shopkeeper.
    --------(Item)-------(Description)----------------------------(Stock)-(Price)-
           purpleink189: a purple ink                                100    250gp
              redink726: a red ink                                   300     20gp
          yellowink1567: a yellow ink                                300     80gp
            goldink1569: a gold ink                                   50    400gp
            blueink1571: a blue ink                                  300     40gp
               vial1606: a black-walnut vial                          30    300gp
               vial1607: a birchwood vial                             10    300gp
               vial1609: a cedarwood vial                             10    300gp
               vial1610: a chestnut vial                              40    300gp
               vial1611: a caloric salve (teakwood vial)               8   1400gp
               vial1612: an elixir of mana (oaken vial)               10    600gp
               vial1613: an elixir of health (pinewood vial)          10    600gp
               vial1614: an elixir of immunity (oaken vial)           20   1100gp
               vial1615: a salve of mending (black-walnut vial)        8   1400gp
               dust1639: a pinch of diamond dust                      50     75gp
            scroll20663: a rolled scroll                              20   1000gp
              tome21861: a thick musty tome                           20   5000gp
            basket27522: a large wicker food basket                   20    250gp                                 book48447: a simple leather-bound book                  20   5000gp
          greenink58852: a green ink                                 300    160gp
              bowl85390: an intricately carved wooden bowl            10    200gp
             pick108015: a miner's pick                              100    100gp
           mortar144506: a stone mortar                               20    100gp

Things like this where vials of caloric are sold for 1400 when a newbie would be better off finding a player run shop where those things are much cheaper. Even things like diamond dust some a bit more experienced people don't know of better ways to get the dust.
  • You can activate the following achievement experience bonuses:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Duration            Available
    3 hours             4
    6 hours             8
    12 hours            20
    18 hours            8
    24 hours            8
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Each bonus provides double experience for its duration.
    Use ACHIEVEMENT BONUS ACTIVATE <hours> to activate a bonus.

I don't really have a good solution or ideas, but right now I have 636 hours of double experience not being used because I already have Aspect. It would be nice if we can get things other than endless double exp from achievements or something.

Something something.
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • I didn't use enough of mine :(  What was I saving them for?  Then, just when I was almost aspect (but honestly still far enough away that it was still incredibly satisfying and even if I hadn't been it was still a beautiful thing), Cairnae happened <3
  • The discussion on new racial abilities reached 10 posts, so I've split it to here
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited May 2015
    Can we have a way to split AB CHIVALRY for AM and M? I can't do AB EMBLAZING as a runeguard :( and this frustrates me immensely.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited May 2015
    There should be a bounty command for sects if someone defiles shrines.

Also. To improve imperian, get rid of REDEMPTION. 4 v 4 turns into 12 v 8 if everyone is using starburst. If we get damned, then it turns into 12 v <8.

EDIT: Nevermind, @Septus corrected me regarding redemption and starburst.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited May 2015
    Please could admin consider allocating design slots for morphing weapons? The players who have them paid a fair bit and it seems sad that they would be stuck with static prefixes/short descs unlike any Tom, Dick and Harry who can purchase wonderful weapon designs of awesomeness. (at the Armoury, 29130)
  • AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    Iniar said:
    The players who have them paid a fair bit
    So very true, let me change my changing weapon!
  • AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    On the other hand, I love that the token wrist strap has allowed me to display my morphers name. Who ever thought that up, I salute you.
  • I'd love it if all the elite benefits were accessible to any of your characters(like the membership credits are). I always end up subbing for Elite as Dicene but intend on using everything as Baasche, leading to logging into Dicene just to transfer the tokens over.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Alonzo said:

On the other hand, I love that the token wrist strap has allowed me to display my morphers name. Who ever thought that up, I salute you.

You're welcome.
  • The discussion on theft has been split off, and can be found here.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Dicene said:
    I heart QoL stuff.

If anyone hadn't yet messed with the whocolour system and didn't want to dig through that huge help file, here's a basic setup:

1. config wc pref set circle 3
    2. config wc set colour circle magick 45
    3. config wc set colour circle anti-magick 228
    4. config wc set colour circle demonic 209

looks like: image

Any chance these colour tags could be sent to stuff like RINGWHO CLANWHO as well?
  • Can ASSEMBLE LIST OWNED please stop showing me stuff like this:

1 : the Brush of the Creator (BRUSH)
    0 : a patch of kelpie hair
    0 : a battered stick
    0 : a phial of paint
    0 : a copper ring

I don't care about the stuff I already have complete, I just want to see the loose assembly pieces! :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    ASSEMBLE LIST UNMADE
     - a crystal horn engraved with a triple eclipse : crystalhorn173961    (Moonhorn)
     - a multi-coloured ribbon strap                 : ribbonstrap126237    (Moonhorn)
     - a sun-shaped amulet                           : amulet92231          (Sunanklet)
     - a yard of bright-yellow silk                  : yellowsilk28127      (Suncloak)

ASSEMBLE LIST UNMADE SORT THEME
    ASSEMBLE LIST UNMADE SORT TYPE <specified type>
     - a yard of brown silk                          : brownsilk211764      (Mountaincloak)
     - a yard of bright-red silk                     : redsilk152641        (Volcanocloak)
     - a yard of bright-yellow silk                  : yellowsilk28127      (Suncloak)
     - a length of grey rope                         : greyrope231005       (Mountaincloak)

• The final blow is too much, you have slain a shrouded wraith. (+0.02)
    You take a king's ransom of golden sovereigns from the corpse as you pick it up.
    (+1245)

This annoys me, and it's stupid, but 1k gold does not a ransom make.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Would it be possible to remove the QUENCH requirement for Smithing? It seems like a pointless additional syntax.
  • Would it be possible to add custom wear/remove lines to crafted items for tailoring, jewelry, and other "wearable" items?

I'm thinking these lines would be part of the pattern itself, such that the crafter could specify 1P/3P messages for putting on the item, and removing it. Similar to how cooking items are handled.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    I love the June promo (my birthday is coming up, JUST SAYIN')! I was wondering if it would be possible to add the purchase of an entire class as well for a discounted price with elite and the promo? It would make my life a lot easier because I am lazy :D
  • HELP <profession name> gives a list of what artifacts are helpful for that class (Also if people realize some are missing, let me know)

• VerexaVerexa Canada
    @Elokia Was that directed at me?

If so, I meant buying the Summoner class skills, tri-transing in one shot through the website with $.
  • ohhh! Ok.
  • Could PATH SEARCH get its own internal CD, similar to how PATH FIND gets the "You cannot find a new path so soon" thing instead of taking balance? Right now it takes EQ and that is irritating.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Might also be time to investigate adding vnums to rooms that 3p systems can identify like in WHO and FARSEE messages that turn up just one result. It'd not need to be too detailed, just the sort of info you can get from IMTS, Mudlet Mapper, etc, and nothing beyond that. You could make it take balance, or give it a PATH FIND CD. Just thinking it would be one more thing that brought the Web Client closer to 3P functionality.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Would it be possible to make MAPVIEW not trigger on OBSERVE?
  • I'll go a step further and say that I think you should reduce the cost of the Gem of Transmutation. Perhaps drop it to 500 credits or so, maybe give partial refunds for existing ones, maybe not. 

Making the gem more affordable will make it easier for people to run multiple professions, and a full profession costs ~800cr; encouraging people to go for extra professions seems like it would be a winning move. On top of that, extra professions can be a really good way to renew interest in the game, which is one of the reasons you see players like me and Septus and Kryss and such changing circles so frequently.

Also if you ran lesson sales in parallel with other promotions instead of as a promotion in and of itself, I would have ALL THE PROFESSIONS by now so I guess I should thank you for not doing that even though I really do want Predator.

• edited June 2015
    Branching off of something mentioned in the Improving Imperian Combat thread, if arena favours were to be reduced or removed altogether, to maintain and perhaps increase incentive to participate, perhaps winning arena games could result in being paid some sort of special arena token, redeemable in a new arena-side shop. The shop could either have totally unique items, or it could mirror the Icecloak wares and offer some lower tier artifacts at the cost of a fair amount of these new arena tokens. 

As an addendum, all participants could earn one token from joining an event that successfully starts, and the winner(s) would win two. Obviously, if you quit early for any reason, you will not receive any tokens. The main goal is to provide an attractive alternative to arena favors and maybe get people in there who wouldn't normally because they have no interest in favors. You stand to lose practically nothing, but you could totally amass enough tokens for something neat, and you don't even necessarily have to be an arena champion to do so. Just play and play often.

• I am not a huge fan of that because, let's be honest here, 90% of those tokens are going to end up going to Septus or Kryss and people who could actually use the lower tier artifacts are never going to be in a position to win them because they don't have any of the higher tier combat artifacts.

I also don't really think they'd work as just general participation tokens because, being honest again, the ToA arena events are never improved by the large amount of participation points players who end up involved, and I don't think that normal FFA type events would be made better by collector spamming them in a got-to-catch-em-all frenzy.

Maybe like, one for participation per day and an extra for winning or top 3 or something? IDK. I would like to reward participation in arena events, but I do not want to fill the arena with non-coms who are just slogging through events for participation points.

• IniarIniar Australia
    At the cost of a long balance, doing DEFENCE DRAINS OFF will now turn off as many defence drains as possible. (Upvote pls) :(