Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Shou throws a dart at Iluv, but it strikes the ground, missing.
    Shou's knife leaves a curving trail of light as it tears into Iluv, cutting him from hip to shoulder.
    Justice is dealt out and Shou's attack rebounds onto him.
    Damage reflected to Shou.
    Shou is in Ein-Fasit.
    Shou's knife leaves a curving trail of light as it tears into Iluv, cutting him from hip to shoulder.
    Justice is dealt out and Shou's attack rebounds onto him.
    Damage reflected to Shou.
    Shou is in Gyanis.

• Iluv places both hands on either side of your head and stares straight into your eyes. A ghostly 
    ochre light gleams from his pupils and shoots into your eyes, and your mind expands with alien and 
    strange visions.
    You yell, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"

Every time.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013

After looking over that log, this is why you died. You didn't cure. (It's weird how that works.)
    You had xeroderma, asthma, lethargy, confusion, manaleech, reckless, impatience, hallucinations, aeon, addiction, prone, <50% health. 

Instead of shielding here  to cure/turtle/sip. You chose to spam crescentcut combos.

Iluv passes his hand in front of Dias. Dias trembles and his eyes widen in terror. <-- You got madness here. You should have turtled after this too. You didn't.

At this point is was just Iluv and I. You could have  turtled or ran away, like Ageranu did. We lost block and engage when Lionas went down. <-- Situational awareness.

Noctu - Enlighten
    Syntax: INVOKE ENLIGHTEN <target>
    This spell allows you to reveal the demonic mysteries to a non-initiate. The shock from this is so great that the target's mind will be unable to handle it and will perish.
    For this to work, the target must have whispering madness as well as four (or more) of the following insanities: dementia, stupidity, confusion, hypersomnia, paranoia, hallucinations, impatience, hypochondria, recklessness, masochism, agoraphobia, anorexia, loneliness, claustrophobia, lover's effect.

For each 20% health that the target is missing, the number of required afflictions is reduced by 1. For example, if the target's health is in the 60%-79% range, three are needed.
    This spell cannot be infused.

The more you know!
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    Septus lost rebounding.
    Septus moves to the side of his ally, Shou, ready to defend him against all foes.

(Ring): You say, "SEPTUS defending SHOU."

Shou lets loose a righteous "Huzzah!"

Iluv lost rebounding.
    Iluv places both hands on either side of Shou's head and stares straight into his eyes. A ghostly ochre light gleams from Iluv's pupils and shoots into Shou's eyes.
    You see Shou Agarwaen shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    Iluv has slain Shou.

• edited September 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Septus lost rebounding.
    Septus moves to the side of his ally, Shou, ready to defend him against all foes.

(Ring): You say, "SEPTUS defending SHOU."

Shou lets loose a righteous "Huzzah!"

Iluv lost rebounding.
    Iluv places both hands on either side of Shou's head and stares straight into his eyes. A ghostly ochre light gleams from Iluv's pupils and shoots into Shou's eyes.
    You see Shou Agarwaen shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    Iluv has slain Shou.

It's the thought that counts :/
  • Enlighten and cc(ut) combos are apples to oranges. While I am slightly nervous about how easy it is for a demonic team to crank out an enlighten, it takes a bit of tracking and coordination. The house of cards falls down if the lead Noctu dies, too, but defend makes that currently a wash..

Cc(ut) combos are a one man job that turns people in to pinatas. Spider web has to go, pindown has to share impaled slot.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited September 2013
    Setting up enlighten is actually extremely difficult. The only reason we've been able to pull it off is that we're very coordinated and pushing a stack specifically for the chance at one instakill. Defend only helps if the damage they're taking is phys, which it often isn't.

EDIT: Though Loshre runeflare might make it a bit OP. Loshre needs a hit with the classlead bat.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
     Loshre and Nairat are pretty unnecessary on wytchen/sabre knight. Sowulu/pithakhan are unnecessary on damage knight.  Most of the runeflares don't bring much to the table and really function as coding/skill filler to represent an effort grade. When it comes down to it, both classes really only use 3 runes and wunjo's usefulness is negligible (stronger on RG).

It's hard to balance this mechanic for one class, let alone two with different primary mechanics. What we should do is treat them separate (which it's always claimed that we can. We just don't.) Honestly, I'd prefer wytchen get something similar, but with a different theme. Pipe dream.

Usage: SKETCH WUNJO ON <GROUND/TOTEM|TABLET>
    Required inks: 1 red
    This rune returns sight to an enemy who encounters it.
    When flared on a tablet, this rune causes the target to be hit by a rune that has been sketched on the ground, as long as that rune has a targettable effect. If two such runes are on the ground, a random one is chosen. The ground rune is not removed, and blindness does not prevent its effect. There is a brief delay before this occurs.

With a flourish, you finish sketching a nairat rune.

You concentrate on the wunjo rune on an ornately wrought tablet, and its searing image suddenly flares on Katalina's skin.

Katalina's blindness is cured by a nairat rune.

*I'm sure someone will say "working as intended" because wunjo's blind effect is curing blind. But alas, bold.

• That is working as intended, because nairat is a transfix effect; transfix is removing blindness, because blindness is a defense against transfix, like how an ability that "gives sensitivity" will strip deafness first instead of just giving sensitivity.

You never notice this with normal unflared nairat because because runes don't fire against blind targets in the first place, so it never tries to transfix an unblind person.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    Alonzo, Celestine, and Samiel enter from the northwest.
    They are followed by a keen-eyed falcon.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Alonzo is nearby.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Airamaya is nearby.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Shou is nearby.

(Ring): Eckho says, "Holy shit."

Dias left lowhooked you.
    Rebounding. Durr.
    Dias is in Vae-Sant.
    Dias left lowhooked you.
    Rebounding. Durr.
    Dias is in Gyanis.
    Dias left lowhooked you.
    Rebounding. Durr.
    Dias's left leg trembles slightly under the blow.
    Dias is in Vae-Sant.

ALONZO is blocking NORTHWEST

Alonzo slams the blunt end of a Sukhder glaive into your knees and they quickly become numb.

Samiel glares, stomps the ground and begins the slow, methodical dance of the master wardancer.
    Shifting suddenly from his methodical patterns, Samiel begin a sturdy, stomping dance.

(Ring): Eldreth says, "Oh sdhi."

(Ring): You say, "Oh god."

You touch the tattoo and a shimmering translucent shield forms around you.

Alonzo's attack rebounds off your translucent shield.

Dias's attack rebounds off your translucent shield.

Shou's attack rebounds off your translucent shield.

Ageranu barks at a cunning red fox, ordering it to attack you.
    Ageranu barks at a brooding vulture, ordering it to attack you.
    Ageranu barks at a thorny lizard, ordering it to attack you.
    Ageranu barks at an ebony raven, ordering it to attack you.
    Ageranu barks at a tiny cactus wren, ordering it to attack you.
    Ageranu barks at a brown striped hyena, ordering it to attack you.
    Ageranu's attack rebounds off your translucent shield.

Samiel's attack rebounds off your translucent shield.

A brooding vulture hurls itself against your shield in a futile attempt to harm you.
    A brown striped hyena hurls itself against your shield in a futile attempt to harm you.

606H100 637M100 *aA 0B [-b db][T:Kira] say ride home
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    (Ring): Eldreth says, "My target is: Ahkan."

You say, "Ride home."
    You hear the distant whinny of a wild horse and are carried through the ether back to your rune.
    The Khandava Archway. (road).

A large, rectangular gateway opens up near you, and you feel yourself irresistibly drawn inside.
    Within scrublands.
    In Room : Eldreth.
  • you can hit an already-unblind person with oxalis and it'll hit whatever rune is on the ground
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013

[ F O R E B O D I N G ]  Sarrius.

You tell a masked man, "No."

Sarrius tells you, "( gonna go piss off Stavenn instead. :P )"

[ F O R E B O D I N G ]  Sarrius.

Sarrius tells you, "Lame!"

You tell a masked man, "// ninja'd!"

:)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013
    Kryss said:

Was looking for inspiration when I came across this - made me think of this picture. :P
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus
  • edited September 2013
    Dias said:

Iluv places both hands on either side of your head and stares straight into your eyes. A ghostly 
    ochre light gleams from his pupils and shoots into your eyes, and your mind expands with alien and 
    strange visions.
    You yell, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"

Every time.
    I've spent weeks and weeks working on my Summoner system. I've spent months working on my own affliction tracking system and also the tracking system for team combat. I've spent years working with affliction professions and figuring out their offenses.

Most of AM either use bashing attacks or Azefel's system, uncon/writhe win buttons and think Enlightenment is too easy to pull off.
  • edited September 2013
    Playing Demonic is like playing Left 4 Dead. A small team of coordinated players vs. an ever-growing brainless horde with some bosses, like Septus/Siath/Akumu/Azefel.

The difference is the AI zombies wants the game to be Dark Souls.
  • Last time I played L4D, it was so badly in favor of the survivors that the competition wasn't "Who survives to the end?", it was "Who's the fastest through the course?"

It's actually way more like Dark Souls, where it takes skill and good play to get past an enemy that will otherwise smash you.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Kliko tells you, "It's nice how you can lust and pull in one move now."

You tell Kliko Vaz'rias, "You can't."

Kliko tells you, "You kept doing it."

Kliko tells you, "Had to bug it even lusted me off holy ground."

*facepalm*
  • In team combat it's rather annoying to attempt to count limbs while you have rangers plimbing, knight dsl, and probably multiple predators going in at it as well as monks. So, generally, the best course of action is webbing, pindown with cc, or spamming an attack. 

And don't mind Kliko.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    That's a quote for the ages. Let's examine this thought process.

-Combat is hard.
    -Combat with lots of people is harder than by myself.
    -It's so hard that I can't do it, so I'll newbmode it.

Oh, hello anti-magick population bubble.
  • The idea of other Predators and etc messing with my limb breaks was the biggest reason for me to not go Predator, and even now when I am one, I hate it and it is enough to make me want to pick up another class on the side. It truly irritates me.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately, that's where the 'good' combatants communicating runs smoother than the zerg. It's one of the benefits of the AM migration gutting Magick and Demonic's population. We have a small group off people who are all on the same page. You guys bring 2 capable people and 17 less than perfects. The two dudes who know whats going on are frustrated with the 17 spammers who are ruining your science of pk. 

Honestly, it's not even 'bad' of them. You can't really get mad at someone for not wanting to buy into seal team six. It hasn't been hurting your victory count. :P

Can I call #fwp? I wish we were like "We have too many of this sort of class" or "You! Stop sticking mental afflictions! Raaaah!" Or god..YOU! Stop stealing kills with Catharsis!
  • Bruises and breaks have third party so it wouldn't be that hard coordinate through a small core team and assign everyone else to head/torso duty.
  • Once our zerg all learns to raze we'll move on to not hitting parry on loop. Baby steps.

Really though, am has a lot of limb damage heavy classes (see: all of them). For the most part the numerical advantage allows the circle to get by without bothering to make use of this (and just randomly break limbs while bashing victim x to death). It is a pretty huge thing that's neglected for the most part though and if people were interested in coordinating it it'd be fairly absurd. Even just having two people breaking limbs in tandem gets out of control fast.

That goes for a lot of things in AM though, the circle doesn't need to make use of a lot of the things it has right now due to numbers. The optamist in me hopes that'll change eventually.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    There's no real necessity for anyone in AM to invest any time in coding an offense to perform better. Dias is a well artifacted, veteran player and his post earlier pretty much demonstrates the mindset to all but 4 people in AM. Every class they have is damage/afflictions/limbdamage and possibly some CC on the side. Most people don't go AM for the environment or the roleplay, they go there for the ez-mode, which fosters a sense of zergvoltron. (See: Shards. CTF.)

You can really roll into combat with a druid button and win more than half the time. Which is funny, since AM hates druids. 

Edit: Really, it's no one's fault. When the game opened, AM was the red headed step child and abused by Demonic (which had the same mindset AM has no, can't stop us, hur.) The problem is AM ate years and years of nothing but straight buffs to survive in a world where affliction reigned supreme. Then we released garrynbot which takes zeroes and turns them into heroes. Now we have classes that have been upgraded to be combat effective even though they're losing the affliction game...but they're not losing the affliction game anymore.
  • I disagree on the environs but generally do concur.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013
    Iluv said:
    Iluv places both hands on either side of your head and stares straight into your eyes. A ghostly 
    strange visions.

Every time.
    I've spent weeks and weeks working on my Summoner system. I've spent months working on my own affliction tracking system and also the tracking system for team combat. I've spent years working with affliction professions and figuring out their offenses. Most of AM either use bashing attacks or Azefel's system, uncon/writhe win buttons and think Enlightenment is too easy to pull off.
    This is one of the most off-putting things I've experienced since re-starting. 
    If circle numbers wasn't an issue, this latest CTF highlights quite simply how this is an act of bad faith on behalf of the admin. Two new classes are released for two circles, the one removes from Demonic one of two classes that does not require affliction tracking and replaces it with both affliction tracking and resource management. The other removes from Magick its best zergling-control mechanism. All fine and dandy except this release is done one-week prior to the CTF. Iluv is no combat newbie either, and he required weeks to prepare an efficient Summoner system, there is no way one week of preparation time for non-beta players to build and test a robust system was going to happen. 
    This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As a customer, I cannot expect administration to control market forces - people want to have fun, sure (join AM). But something quite completely within their control logistically (i.e. the timing of the release) should be done with more circumspection.
    Regardless, this point is moot in view of numerical superiority.
  • edited September 2013
    Ahkan said:
    I wish we were like "We have too many of this sort of class"
    No, you don't.

I've got that problem myself, and I absolutely hate the "We have too many Bards" problem, which is to say "I have a Bard on my team".

You wish you had the AM problem, which is "I have too many of this really powerful teamfighting class!", which is basically "any class at all".

• IniarIniar Australia
    Selthis said:
    To be fair, it took Iluv 1 to 2 days of the beta to work up a combat system.  The reason people say it took him weeks is he was reacting to beta changes and finding ways to exploit the class most effectively.  

The class is complex, but it is not insurmountable. If it makes you feel better, this honestly probably actually is somewhat more ideal for affliction tracking and the like than the initial implementation.   I'm not saying it is perfect, but I feel it  represents a middle ground and for a team fight scenario you can go  pretty simple and still serve a decent purpose.  However, taint pools should be per person rather than shared.  That was the one thing I felt was kind of a pain. Also note, there were maybe...5 or  6 people who regularly  participated in the beta that I saw.  Most of those  were medium to high level combatants. There were other people of different skill/knowledge levels involved who showed up for a day to log in and look and skills and then didn't log back in that I'm aware of. 

So, while getting demonic a press button receive bacon class would be amazing, the reality is  that most everyone rails against the training wheels of druid or old mage. We cannot have it both ways, and a lot of it comes down to the fact that we are bad at classleads and betas. Garryn himself said this was by far the  most active beta we've had yet. What does that say about previous betas, for example? When it comes to classleads we are too eager to hold onto our shinies, we're too eager to take away other people's shinies, we're too eager to get revenge for losing for 8 months via class balance.   Here's hoping this round goes better and is more communal rather than some sort of  vigilante style attacks on like 3 things that really annoy the  submitter with no consideration on the overall issue.

Edit: Maybe its 5 things. I can't remember. Whatever.

Just to be clear, I think new summoner is great. I think the admin are doing a good job. I think the timing of the releases were particularly lousy. And for the record, not that it mattered.
  • Iniar said:
    Just to be clear, I think new summoner is great. I think the admin are doing a good job. I think the timing of the releases were particularly lousy. And for the record, not that it mattered.
    To be fair, the beta had been closed for a week prior. There's only so long you can delay a release of something that's been said to be coming soon.  Was it inopportune that the CTF came at that point? Sure.  Would most of the game have rather have waited another week for the class release? Probably not.  

Unfortunately, there just isn't ever an optimal time to introduce class changes really.  Its better to get them out there in the wild and see what happens and then pester them to hold another CTF after the next round of classleads rather than waiting a full year.