Skip to content

old school maps

Anyone know if the old maps that were once on the imp site still exist somewhere? All I can find is the new game generated maps

I loved the old original aetherius map. It was colorful and awesome

Comments

• Looooovvvvveeee yooouuu
  • We need a graphic design person to revamp that thing.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    That could totally be an artisan bardic thing right?
  • Wow, this is crazy! I remember, AGES ago, navigating by a couple of these!! Course, that was before the path find option... :)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    (->): Ultrix, "So kinsarmar and ithaqua are considered to be 'north'; khandava and antioch are sorta kinda close to each other (but khandava is in the west), and where is celidon and stavenn on the map?"
    Oh man, I love this girl. @Ultrix
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    (->): Ultrix, "So kinsarmar and ithaqua are considered to be 'north'; khandava and antioch are sorta kinda close to each other (but khandava is in the west), and where is celidon and stavenn on the map?"

:( Little squiggle black text against forest-o-green is hard to read! 

Plus, with the advent of PATH FIND <AREA NAME>, you don't actually have to know where places are located (especially not relative to each other). 
  • Ultrix said:
    Iniar said:

Plus, with the advent of PATH FIND <AREA NAME>, you don't actually have to know where places are located (especially not relative to each other). 
    You're right. BRB, taking it out.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Back in my day, you had to play this game with graph paper to remember where you were going, and how to get there.
  • If I looked around my old files, I could probably find all the little maps I drew to get around places when I first started. And direction lists to really basic places. You kids have it easy!

My impression was always that Celidon was sort of in the middle. Antioch was way down southwest, Khandava was a little bit northwestish from there. Ithaqua was in the far northeast, Kinsarmar was south from there. And then Stavenn was in the far southeast. I remember looking at the world map later and just being like, that is SO wrong!!
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • You know what I've been doing for the past week or so? I've been using the colorful Aetherius map and just walking around to figure out where everything was. Turns out, I've seen some places in that map that do not really exist in the game, plus there are a lot of new stuff. Somebody should slave away and do a map of the current Aetherius.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Talbain said:
    You know what I've been doing for the past week or so? I've been using the colorful Aetherius map and just walking around to figure out where everything was. Turns out, I've seen some places in that map that do not really exist in the game, plus there are a lot of new stuff. Somebody should slave away and do a map of the current Aetherius.
    Agreed. I volunteer @Talbain.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Shamelessly voted up because of that entrancing sig
  • All hail Rain-Zilla.
  • Anyone save that map somewhere special cause uh... One could seriously use that right about now
  • We don't host it anymore (and I can't find it in our files), but you can still find it in the Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20070210035327/http://imperian.com/world_maps.php
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I have some of them saved at home if I can find where
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository