Skip to content

May Promotion (Ancestral Stones)

Comments

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Stay strong, Jeremy. Drow r dum.

@Mereis There are totally Ryadai (gnomes) floating around the game. They should be a standard race, imo.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Let's keep Imperian, Imperian and not have drow. (But Cherufe are just burning Xiur...)

You're the boss, @Jeremy.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • The problem with drow is that they're an alignment locked race. Drow are evil; evil is their defining characteristic.

Fallen and Arel are somewhat different. Arel are angelic and the Fallen are corrupted Arel. There's a lot of room for interpretation there; just look at any of the myriad versions of Lucifer you see in various works of fiction for evidence of that. Drow are just flat out kitten-kicking evil, and there's no real room for interpretation in that.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited May 2014
    Khizan said:

Drow are just flat out kitten-kicking evil

I see why you are so opposed hehe. But yeah, sure, I get it, we don't need another elf-race (delete Sidhe) :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited May 2014
    A rock man surviving being turned into a molten rock man is pretty mythically awesome. I mean, all you have to do to be a drow is "Iniar is black with white hair and totally over done." 
  • Um, question, so... What's the relation between Arel and Seraphs, then...?

There are so many questions floating around about the introduction of these new races and how they relate to things. If there are Fallen Arel, what caused them to fall? Is this inherently demonic or evil? Does that mean they should be barred from anti-magick and magick? What about Dryads? They existed before-- what is the relation of the player-transformed dryads with the old ones?

• Does the mana/health regeneration cap at lvl3 apply for the races or is it more like a moon tattoo non-percentage rate?
    I always have trouble figuring out what will stack and what won't.

Also the Cherufe, they can light a room on fire (and start healing) but the room being on fire means they are actually taking damage from it, so they aren't really healing persay?

Can the Sangfel mutilate any corpse? (bashing and PvP) If they can do mobs, depending on balance could keep a stock of them to mutilate as desired for extra hp.
  • Cherufe do not heal from flaming rooms, that was too powerful. Cherufe take 50% damage from flaming rooms.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Pretty sure mutilate is pve only.

God I hope so.
  • I actually view Cherufe less as flaming Xiur and more as like the Flamekin of Magic the Gathering's Lorwyn plane. From their art guide for Flamekin:

Flamekin

Flamekin (no connection to the flame-kin of Ravnica) are elementals similar in size and shape to humans. Living in the mountains of Lorwyn, they are a passionate race of warriors and shamans who focus their inner flames into weapons in battle. Flamekin are sworn enemies of the elves, who use their treefolk servants to suppress the flamekin and confine them to their mountain homes.

Flamekin resemble humans made of smooth, living black stone with four-fingered hands and horned faces with graceful features; their inner fires blaze through their crowns, joints, and shoulders. Flamekin can control their flames, allowing them to wear textiles and safely interact with non-flamekin

Basically, I envision Cherufe as this right here.

<div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Rynok said:
    Does the mana/health regeneration cap at lvl3 apply for the races or is it more like a moon tattoo non-percentage rate?
    I always have trouble figuring out what will stack and what won't.
    The forest, cold, and fire regeneration are separate, outside of the cap.
    Can the Sangfel mutilate any corpse? (bashing and PvP) If they can do mobs, depending on balance could keep a stock of them to mutilate as desired for extra hp.
    Bashing only, works on corpses killed within last 10 seconds only, so you can't stock up on them. It's a purely PvE thing.
  • Does Mutilate destroy the corpse? The only reason I bash anymore is sect faith, so an ability that trades offerable corpses for health is not appealing to me in the slightest.

• GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Drow locked as evil? Drizzt would beg to differ. :P
  • Khizan said:
    Does Mutilate destroy the corpse? The only reason I bash anymore is sect faith, so an ability that trades offerable corpses for health is not appealing to me in the slightest.
    No, it doesn't.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Drizzt was a moron
  • edited May 2014

Drizzt was an awful character in an awful series, but that's irrelevant. Drizzt only worked because he was an outlier; his entire schtick was not being evil in a race that's locked into evil. If the race wasn't locked into evil, he wouldn't be a "renegade drow", he'd just be a "drow" and he'd become just another dude with swords.

And the huge problem with alignment locked races is that everybody in these games wants to be the special snowflake, everybody wants to be the outlier. For every Iniar who wants to be a cackling villain stereotype there's a dozen Bathans who want to be Drizzt and, pretty soon, your drow are just dark-skinned elves.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Drow are totally just dark skinned elves :(
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Drow are based in a matriarchy where the females dominate the males to the point of slavery and obscure obedience. I think Iniar is suggesting he wants to be someone's sexy dark skinned elf slave.
  • Have you ever met Iniar? That part kind of went without saying.

• GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    edited May 2014
  • I am just going to put my two cents in about the Drow. I have someone in my sect who rps she is a Drow (Or did prior to the new race releases). This is her whole ancestry. She and a few others who have taken this RP have an entire Drow language. They were simply Sidhe or Sylayan and had dark skin.

RP is great, guys :)
  • Kanthari is a dark-skinned elf. Ask him about his language, which is 100% interpretive and glitter-based.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • RP is great, which is why you guys should give me Drow. :D
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:
    RP is great, which is why you guys should give me Drow. :D
    Nothx Bathan Do'Urden.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Pretty sure that Drow are far too effeminate and weak to wield the Father of Swords. Maybe one of their women could? (Unlikely.)

@Svorai *brofist* 
  • WHATEVER, HATERS.

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Clearly we need a corgi master race!

I don't think this is such a great idea so soon
  • This has been a somewhat useful thread, so can we please not fill it up with image spam?