What the hell is a cravat?

I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Wikipedia tells me it's a neckband

I guess an asoct?

• An ascot is a type of cravat.
  • This watch (Walken signature pause) belonged to your grandad....

• Eldreth said:
    Both the owl and bat mobiles were in the shop, so the forces of evil turn to a prototype being developed by their billionaire playboy...and disaster strikes.
    Every time I've had a track mishap they were in the area when I tracked. :(
  • edited February 2013
    Selthis said:

Eldreth said:

Delrayne said:

Both the owl and bat mobiles were in the shop, so the forces of evil turn to a prototype being developed by their billionaire playboy...and disaster strikes.

Every time I've had a track mishap they were in the area when I tracked. :(

It didn't escape my notice that you had Aleutia with you. Instead of having her take the pony mobile, you probably told her to get in the back seat because, "driving is a man's job", didn't you? :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    It didn't escape my notice that you had Aleutia with you. Instead of having her take the pony mobile, you probably told her to get in the back seat because, "driving is a man's job", didn't you? :(
    She should stick with women's work.  Like shopkeeping. :(

• Selthis said:
    Eldreth said:
    You'll notice I made it out of that alive. How'd that trip to Dis go for you, Selthypoo?
  • Aleutia said:

Selthis said:
    Eldreth said:
    You'll notice I made it out of that alive. How'd that trip to Dis go for you, Selthypoo?
    Two totally different incidents.  First one had no trip to Dis!  Second one went okay. 
  • Selthis said:
    Aleutia said:

Selthis said:
    Eldreth said:
    Two totally different incidents.  First one had no trip to Dis!  Second one went okay. 
    For you, maybe, Captain Twistring

• Selthis said:
    Aleutia said:

Twist ring saves the day :(
  • Selthis said:
    Aleutia said:

Twist ring saves the day :(
    Don't be hatin' because I chose to put a ring on it. :(
    @Selthis: The only thing @Selthis likes enough to put a ring on it.
  • Lionas said:
    An ascot is a type of cravat.
    To expand on this - with clever descriptions, having a cravat also allows having neckties and bowties, both of which {evolved from/are types of} cravat.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    460H460 460M460 75D [eb db][T:sumie|solo] autocuring off\\touch amnesia\\rt Sunder -> sumie\\sunder sumie
    Autocuring disabled.
    You have no amnesia.
    (Ring): You say, "Sunder -> sumie."
    You spur your mount in a wide circle, building up momentum for a charge to the in.
    bal:1.80
    460H460 460M460 75D [e- db][T:sumie|sunder|solo] 
    [AL] Ellen - in
    [AL] Seraphyne - in
    460H460 460M460 75D [e- db][T:sumie|sunder|solo] 
    You have recovered balance.
    460H460 460M460 75D [eb db][T:sumie|sunder|solo] 
    (Ring): Septus says, "Yank me when I go in?"
    You begin to swing a curved sabre around your head in a wide circle as you prepare to charge to the in.
    + + + SUNDER [2/4] + + +
    + + +   10 SECONDS  + + +
    (Ring): Septus says, "Gonna wall them in so I can get moving fast."
    460H460 456M460 75D [eb db][T:sumie|sunder|solo] 
    A great weight seems to have been lifted from Caelya.
    460H460 456M460 75D [eb db][T:sumie|sunder|solo] 
    [AL] Sumie - in
    460H460 456M460 75D [eb db][T:Sumie|sunder|solo] 
    Caelya rubs some salve on her skin.
    Swinging a curved sabre above your head, you lead your mount in a charge to the in.
    + + + SUNDER [3/4] + + +
    + + +  5 SECONDS   + + +
    Sarrius's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Sarrius presses a shard firmly against a focused wall of crackling Moradeim energy, and it shatters in an outburst of disruptive Sukhder energy.
    Sarrius smoked linseed.
    Caelya follows you to the in.
    The Celidon Threshold.
    Lined with silken fabric of a silvery-blue hue, a simple basket sits in the corner. A square plaque is here. There are 3 monolith sigils here. Someone has left a knight's lance here. There are 2 handful of muds here. There are 4 maidenhair leaves in 2 groups here. There is a group of 2 pieces of kelp here. A forest basilisk lurks here in the shadows. Caelas Willowbrook stands here alert, scanning the area for signs of trouble. An elite centaur earth priestess is manning a cannon with no ammunition. There are 3 elite centaurs earth priestess here. Lounging comfortably with her feet in the water, Oliana is here, smiling politely. A fierce sabretooth tiger prowls silently here. Heated breath flaring his nostrils, a massive warhorse stands here imperially. There are 2 fruit bats here. An adorable black behemoth cub is here, playfully pouncing at any movement that might catch her eye. A banded stallion stands here quietly regarding his surroundings. Eyeing you defiantly, a black sturdy mare trots here. An alpine white gyrfalcon is here, watching the surroundings with its beady eyes. A tiny murrey fox with a roguish demeanor is here attempting to escape notice. His life torn from him, Gorindin lies here dead. There are 46 elite Xiur Champions of Celidon here. The ever-shifting visage of Sumie, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields a claymore in her hands. Unfinished trenches have been dug at this location, with wires lying all around. 
    You see exits leading north, up, and a massive granite boulder stands vigilant to the out (gate open).
    [AL] Caelya - in
    Charging in, you give an exultant shout as you drive a curved sabre through Sumie's neck, shearing through skin, tendon, artery, and bone, completely separating her head from her body.
    take head\\out
    + + + SUNDERED + + +
    You have slain Sumie.
    + + + TARGET IS DEAD + + +
    460H460 460M460 75D [eb db][T:Sumie|solo] get body
    You pick up the decapitated head of Sumie.
    Caelya follows you to the out.
    Before Phoenix Crest.
    Elegantly inscribed upon a pillar of hematite, the Charter of Celidon glows from the entrance of the Phoenix Crest. A wheeled cannon rests here. A freshly hewn log is partially hidden in the underbrush. A small orphine seed lies here. The shrunken head of Darin has been staked into the ground here, the last torments of life still visible upon his face. The shrunken head of Shou has been staked into the ground here, the last torments of life still visible upon his face. The shrunken head of Caelya has been staked into the ground here, the last torments of life still visible upon her face. The shrunken head of Septus has been staked into the ground here, the last torments of life still visible upon his face. A wide band of black encircling her neck, a large ginger-furred silril pads here. Heated breath flaring his nostrils, a massive warhorse stands here imperially. A vivid orange falcon perches nearby, nestled up to look very much like a mango. The ever-shifting visage of Sarrius, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. He wields a curved sabre in his left hand and a lunar shield in his right. The ever-shifting visage of Septus, Aspect of Moradeim, is here.
    You see exits leading down, and a majestic granite gateway of Celidon Council opens to the in (gate open).
    [AL] Caelya - here
  • These raids are fun and all, but doing it every single month can get old pretty quick. Standing outside with double blocking or bear block and Sundering anyone who gets near is basically just a stalemate... until Septus does something silly and gets guard rushed.
  • Ellen said:
    These raids are fun and all, but doing it every single month can get old pretty quick. Standing outside with double blocking or bear block and Sundering anyone who gets near is basically just a stalemate... until Septus does something silly and gets guard rushed.
    Reason 1-18024 why raiding is dumb. 

Posts like this, why they do it.
  • Ellen said:
    These raids are fun and all, but doing it every single month can get old pretty quick. Standing outside with double blocking or bear block and Sundering anyone who gets near is basically just a stalemate... until Septus does something silly and gets guard rushed.
    Something about biting off more than you can chew... etc..
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Certain Celidonian(s) provoked/instigated it.

If you didn't want to deal with you you could have (and did for a while) use the age-old, tried-and-tested method of closing the city/council gate! :D
  • I will have you know I prefer the term calculated risk.

Hmph, silly.

• Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the conflict, and I don't think for an instant that we have "bitten off more than we can chew". I'd just like to have time to do other things too, besides throw rocks at an uppity Azefel. It's way more fun when both people have similar sized groups and actually go out to fight each other.
  • Ellen said:
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the conflict, and I don't think for an instant that we have "bitten off more than we can chew". I'd just like to have time to do other things too, besides throw rocks at an uppity Azefel. It's way more fun when both people have similar sized groups and actually go out to fight each other.
    Well, I sort of rolled in when I saw you guys 2v1 (if she was there, Caelya is too short to count as one!) on Septus and it escalated from there, but you could have given us an actual fight (you could have even outnumbered us with bodies) and we'd have probably gone home. When we knock on the door asking you to play, it's easier to just bring a gang out to play and then we'll either stick around because we have a goal (in which case we won't be at your gates trying to sunder people, for sure) or we will leave after we get a decent brawl.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Alas, it was just me and Seraphyne who were participating at first, though Sumie showed up eventually. Us 3 defenders don't measure up to you, Septus, Azefel, Caelya and (maybe?) Sarciossis. We did initiate on Septus and Caelya, those tresspassing fiends.

• Ellen said:
    Alas, it was just me and Seraphyne who were participating at first, though Sumie showed up eventually. Us 3 defenders don't measure up to you, Septus, Azefel, Caelya and (maybe?) Sarciossis. We did initiate on Septus and Caelya, those tresspassing fiends.
    It's OK, I'll amuse myself having Sumie hoisted out and killing her on my altar, like I just did. It even got me an achievement!
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    How am I uppity :(

also I am somewhat offended that you didn't believe me when I told you walls (as long as it's not a firewall) stopped sunder :(
  • Azefel said:
    How am I uppity :(

also I am somewhat offended that you didn't believe me when I told you walls (as long as it's not a firewall) stopped sunder :(
    I did believe you! I had just thought of your fancy little trick to get around walls a few seconds later and decided not to take any chances.
  • edited February 2013
    Man, that hilariously perfectly timed holobombing by @Risca when @Sarrius telegraphed our entrance with prism. Well played good sir, well played.

• Delrayne said:
    Man, that hilariously perfectly timed holobombing by @Risca when @Sarrius telegraphed our entrance with prism. Well played good sir, well played.
    THE PLAYS. THE. PLAYS.
  • I heart having a pretty cool boss.