Skip to content

Upcoming changes in the March 2013 round

13»

Comments

• Sounds like maybe you need to tighten up.
  • edited March 2013
    My comment is too long to be posted so I will post my comment here and have it linked to the classlead.

classlead 167 comment In this classlead, Sarrius makes the assumption that instilling hypochondria is the most "devastating" choice and that it is powerful enough to warrant change. While I can see how he could come to such a conclusion based purely on assumptions, in practice this is simply not the case. In actuality, the strategy of instilling hypochondria comes with its own drawbacks and risks that make it less attractive to use than other instill options. That said, it is still a viable strategy, but it is not the dominant strategy within assassin/rengade combat and it is definitely not powerful enough to warrant change. I can say this with authority as I have tested and used this strategy with the assassin profession in the past, but discarded it for better options. There is a lot more to hypochondria/instill than what Sarrius has listed with his classlead. Sarrius has only listed the benefits of achieving a successful hypochondria/instill without speaking about the risks and drawbacks associated with the strategy. As Sarrius has had zero experience with the hypochondria/instill strategy and very little experience with assassin/renegade combat, his idea of hypochondria/instill is far from the reality.

First, hypochondria does not have a thirdy party affliction given and affliction cured message. Hypochondria not have a third party give message makes using instill on hypochondria significantly more difficult to do than say hemotoxin. Instill has a two second delay where hypochondria can be cured. Since it is not possible to tell the difference between when your target cures ether and when your target cures hypochondria, it is hard to judge when hypochondria needs to be re-applied and re-instilled.

Second, hypochondria cannot be re-applied efficiently without sacrificing hypnosis. Instill has a two second delay where hypochondria can be cured. If hypochondria is cured within that delay period, it is more difficult to re-apply hypochondria than it is to re-apply toxin afflictions. If you were to adjust your hypnosis queue to set up for such a scenario by suggestion hypochondria over and over, you would lose efficiency in the case that hypochondria is not cured.

Third, hypochondria does not hinder curing ability or speed. Instilling hypochondria over hemotoxin, asthma, or impatience allows your target to heal significantly better which increases the chance of hypochondria being cured.

As it is currently, instill/hypochondria is the less dominate assassin/renegade strategy. As it is the weaker of strategies employed, there is no merit to Sarrius's classlead to further weaken the strategy. Sarrius's idea of instill/hypochondria doesn't consider the drawbacks and risks or cost-benefits associated with the strategy. In his mind, he would be bringing a overpowered strategy down to viable. In reality, he would be turning a viable strategy into an useable one. I hope that my experience with the class and the strategy has provided good insight into whether or not this classlead should be considered for approval. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions regarding this issue.
  • Man. I'm not gonna lie here. With double suggest, which is off the rails goofy, the man has a point.
  • Double suggest is a different classlead and it doesn't have any bearing on hypochondria instill.
  • edited March 2013
    The classlead was submitted after a brief talk with Garryn. I did not write it simply to write it or without thinking about it.

Your class has better options, or so you claim. If so, just let this one die and keep winning.

You aren't making a tradeoff by instilling hypo. You are being rewarded for doing what you already want to do - I.e it is a complete buff for no sacrifice.

Also, double suggest is off the chain and if you think it has no bearing on hypo, you are wrong wrong wrong.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • It's not about me winning with the Assassin profession. My comment is about giving the full picture to a poorly made classlead.

And I know you've thought about the classlead. That's not the issue. The issue is that you've never actually encountered the hypochondria/instill strategy. You lack the experience needed to fully evaluate the strategy which is something I possess.
  • This arguments seems so familiar...

BLOODFREEZE
  • In regards to double suggestions it is OP even though I'm the one who advocated for it to begin with. And even though hypochondria isn't a sure fire instill, it's still pretty easy to pull off. It's not perfect, but its not hard either. That being said I think reducing the amount of mental Affs (read affs related to annihilate) it produces would be an easy fix to this situation. And we both know Iluv, that I do have the experience with the class to know better one way or the other.

If a sab/renegade gets hypochondria on you, you just need to leave or accept defeat pretty much. That's how ridiculous instilling it really is.

• Delrayne said:
    In regards to double suggestions it is OP even though I'm the one who advocated for it to begin with. And even though hypochondria isn't a sure fire instill, it's still pretty easy to pull off. It's not perfect, but its not hard either. That being said I think reducing the amount of mental Affs (read affs related to annihilate) it produces would be an easy fix to this situation. And we both know Iluv, that I do have the experience with the class to know better one way or the other. If a sab/renegade gets hypochondria on you, you just need to leave or accept defeat pretty much. That's how ridiculous instilling it really is.
    Scumbag Delrayne proposes nerfs  on other classes, doesn't submit bloodfreeze classlead. :(

(it happens, it just made me laugh)
  • Okay, classlead 78 submitted, have at it.

On hypochondria, instilled hypochodria is intended as a quasi-finisher, so I don't think it's a problem, unless it can be achieved too easily. That said, switching the affliction to mandrake sounds like a good change to me, so if anything happens as a result of 167, it will probably be that.
  • Any plans to implement a "liquid rift" ? This is one of my favorite features over in Lusternia, not having to keep track of 150 vials.
    Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • We have vialbelts, which can hold 3k each of all the elixirs/salves/toxins
  • To clarify, that's not '3k uses total'

That's "3k of every individual thing in the game."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."