Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I mentioned it earlier in another thread, but I'd love to see vanity pets, mounts, et cetera drop off of challenging bosses or unique quest encounters, and also subsequent achievements.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we get this shortened?

Finding a birchwood vial empty of a salve of mass, you quickly roll the mouth of the vial across one of the many spouts on a sturdy black vialbelt. In only an instant, the pressurized liquid sprays into the vial and it is once again full.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    When vialbelts were added, the first time I saw that I was like "hey, that's cool!" then immediately gagged it.
  • Jeremy said:
    I am fine with relaxing that(Xiur restriction), but we are not going to do an event for it, that will be up for the Kinsarmar leadership, we will just remove it. Is that what you want?
    Is this still happening? Please? :( I got excited and polished up my xiur description just for it. Every time I go to reincarnate I try to go xiur, and it keeps telling me no, and crushing my soul.
  • Xiur are the bestest. Especially when you and your friends get bored around the holidays and brew up Rock Candy Ahkan
  • Tadhg said:
    My Wishlist:

• Working Ships and Naval Battles
    • Random Dungeons - That appear in random spots and have random level mobs inside that once completed provide a reward and seal off.
    • More Plots that require the use of diplomacy, intelligence and  RP, instead of KILL THIS
    • Raids - Imagine a random Boss appearing during a shardfall, not only is the circles fighting each other they are trying to fight this random boss, that will drop a large shard or something. But the boss fights like a player and you can use other abilities that you class provides. 
    • We got Engineering, I have been waiting since this came out for a Bomb/Flintlock Class!
    • Deal of the Month Artifact, on Token Wares. One Artifact that is like 25% Off the normal price or something, there is nothing on the Token Wares that I care about because if you add up the cost of a token costing about 30 credits, most items worth a damn are silly overpriced, IMO. 
    • Caanae to be worth something more then, just a Market Stall holding place, I mean it been there for at least 305 years, since I showed up there that long ago, I am sure we could create some event to make it worth some strategic value. 
    • Libations, the SHOPBAR help file being cleaned up to make more sense, the drink name to show up first instead of being cut off by what type of liquid it is, also a way to sell drinks in disposable cups like the taverns already do. 
    • The ability to purchase the old Taverns in the city, to run your own Tavern out of. 
    •  A way to set if we want our credits we sell on the market to show up instantly like it use to or a way to have it sent in letters. 
    • This one is kind of crazy, but something like Geocaches, I would want to explore more if I knew there was something like Geocaches. 
    I know some of you will not agree, which is awesome. That is what makes the diversity of the game so much fun. 
    Some of this is on my list. However, that list would take over a year to implement.

• Aulani said:
    Jeremy said:
    I am fine with relaxing that(Xiur restriction), but we are not going to do an event for it, that will be up for the Kinsarmar leadership, we will just remove it. Is that what you want?
    Is this still happening? Please? :( I got excited and polished up my xiur description just for it. Every time I go to reincarnate I try to go xiur, and it keeps telling me no, and crushing my soul.
    I have been waiting for someone to tell me I would be crazy to do it. I will see about getting it done.

• Jeremy said:
    Aulani said:
    Jeremy said:
    I have been waiting for someone to tell me I would be crazy to do it. I will see about getting it done.
    You would be crazy to do it.
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • Allow market stall owners to set up an alternate path find for their market stall's current location, similar to the current ability to path find to areas (PATH FIND SEVEN LAKE BASIN, for example). Syntax would be something like STALL SET PATHFIND <path find phrase>. Though this might be difficult to code in, it might slightly increase market stall traffic if someone happens to know the name of a store but not its path number. And maybe eventually this could be applied to city/council/towne shops? Just a random thought.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Or make stalls beckonable artifacts :[

(Eldreth why do you always leave yours somewhere obscure???)
  • Haven't you seen his hipster avatar? I mean he's wearing ironic sunglasses. Obviously you've never heard of where his market stall is.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:
    Haven't you seen his hipster avatar? I mean he's wearing ironic sunglasses. Obviously you've never heard of where his market stall is.
    Nowhere mainstream for sure - I mean, it isn't even mapped.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Wait.

My house is underground, unmapped and known only to a few.

OH GOD I'M A HIPSTER GET IT OUT GET IT OUT
  • I wouldn't mind getting a kickback from my bazillion flasks. 

Now that I've admitted to my strong bias, I feel a bit better about seconding what @Lalitana has said.
  • Derailing the thread, but, if a flask is stuck in a shop you no longer own, is it possible to get it back without going into the shop?

• Bathan said:
    Derailing the thread, but, if a flask is stuck in a shop you no longer own, is it possible to get it back without going into the shop?
    Pretty sure, but not entirely, you can beckon them back by number.
  • Cadeyrn said:
    Bathan said:
    Derailing the thread, but, if a flask is stuck in a shop you no longer own, is it possible to get it back without going into the shop?
    Pretty sure, but not entirely, you can beckon them back by number.
    You can beckon by number, yes.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    @Bathan just make sure you wait for the new shop owner to fill it before you beckon it back.

• Azefel said:
    @Bathan just make sure you wait for the new shop owner to fill it before you beckon it back.
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • I already idea'd this but I'm putting it here too. 

Give us a new command that allows any citizen of a city or council to view all shard bonuses/abilities available to them, something like SHARD POWERS. Then they'd be able to do SHARD INFO <power>. This would differ from CITY SHARD SKILLS and the related commands in that A) it would be available to everyone and B) it wouldn't have all the numerical information like number of shards/gold to research the next ability or whatever. It would just be a nice, tight, informative command. 

Feel free to give your input to make this idea better. My main objective is getting around big huge massive helpfiles that each org has to make up itself for citizens to wade through and find out what they can do with their nifty shards.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Building on that idea, I think you should ensure you show the next unlockable skill in any given research tree, so citizens can better bother their war ministers about what they want.

Power to the people, yo.

Imperator out.
  • Having the Sect promote/demote moved over to cities and guilds allowing you to easily move people up and down in ranks as it's deserved.

Re-purpose the favours for something else, have it show how many times they've been favoured in Honours to other Guildmembers. Maybe the ability to attach rewards to individual favours or reaching a certain number of them. Example at five guild favours you receive 10k gold.(This would be set-able by the GM and taken from the Guild accounts.)
  • Explicitly explain where levels come from and who is keeping track of them.  Explain just what you are getting when you kill thousands of animals, monsters, and even people.  Then make a building somewhere in Caanae filled with semi-telepathic clerks.  Seriously, that's all you need to do to justify people using the term levels in open RP-centric conversation.

Same thing with the Explorers.  Semi-telepathic clerks.  Then you could say they're the ones keeping track of achievements and hoarding soulstones to encourage the people of Aetherius to be more adventurous.

Just a little bit of effort to integrate these systems into the social fabric of the world so we don't have to keep dancing around them.
  • edited July 2013
    I'd like to see something like the mark system in Final Fantasy 12, where in an NPC once a day, week or month will give you some crazy boss to go out and fight. You go out, do it and then are rewarded with a decentish amount of gold that you'd presumably split with your fellow bounty hunters/friends.

Edit: While I'm sure it wouldn't be popular, I would like some kind of global RP channel that people can dip in and out of and be like, 'hey, I have an hour before work, anyone want to do some roleplaying?'

• @bathan I like that boss idea. Almost like a dynamically created quest system.

• It'd help to foster the whole 'adventuring' RP that the game sorely needs at times. Like, yes, sure, perpetual war, but also go out and make some gold by hunting down big beasties.

• Bathan said:
    I'd like to see something like the mark system in Final Fantasy 12, where in an NPC once a day, week or month will give you some crazy boss to go out and fight. You go out, do it and then are rewarded with a decentish amount of gold that you'd presumably split with your fellow bounty hunters/friends.

Edit: While I'm sure it wouldn't be popular, I would like some kind of global RP channel that people can dip in and out of and be like, 'hey, I have an hour before work, anyone want to do some roleplaying?'
    I know there is a "roleplaying" clan out there trying to do just that. Perhaps you can get in on that. I do like Roleplaying channel for Mortals though, that would be nice.