Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    Gurn said:
    Give Lycaeans a "bite" attack that does the same thing as punch, or at level 50 give them the bite attack the old wolf bond has. Come on, it only makes sense. :(
    Problem. It cannot be combat applicable. This relegates it to use as foreplay, furry-ing and just...nothing good can, yiff, from this. Yiff. Yiff. Damnit. See, it already, yiff, started.

Second problem. Four years down the, yiff, road, someone like Juran/Cadeyrn is going to classlead, yiff, bite into doing damage that is meaningful in combat. Flintlocks, yiff, all over again.

Yiff.

Edit:
    Oh, oh! Here's a yiffing throwback!

*pawprint*

• I say this because it's the 4th time I've been made fun of by a newbie for not being able to bite. :( Give us a specialemote or something at least.

Ahkan said:
    Problem. It cannot be combat applicable. This relegates it to use as foreplay, furry-ing and just...nothing good can, yiff, from this. Yiff. Yiff. Damnit. See, it already, yiff, started.

Second problem. Four years down the, yiff, road, someone like Juran/Cadeyrn is going to classlead, yiff, bite into doing damage that is meaningful in combat. Flintlocks, yiff, all over again.

Yiff.

Edit:
    Oh, oh! Here's a yiffing throwback!

*pawprint*

I knew Ahkan was a yiffer.
  • Gurn said:

I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Gurn said:
    You already know this but,

emote <something about biting>

• There's some leniency that comes with buying your mentor credits, though.

And promptly never showing up again.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    So then them making fun of you is sort of a one time thing...that you're clinging to? (A pattern emerges.)
  • edited June 2013
    Only if I get 200 credits for it and never have to see them again.
  • Allow newbies an option in the new intro: Random selection of orgs based on chosen profession, or choosing their own orgs. The current system is just weird and is going to confuse/frustrate them, especially if they happen to read on the website about some super cool guild and a super cool city/council and they want to base their character's RP around growing up in said city/council and what have you, but then they're thrown into the opposing org of where they want to be. Yes, experienced players can quit and should know how to join the organization they want to be in - that isn't the point.

• Make gold that you get from credit sale come in a letter like bounties. Putting them up and credits getting sold during a fight and you die.. well you get the point

• Ziat said:
    Make gold that you get from credit sale come in a letter like bounties. Putting them up and credits getting sold during a fight and you die.. well you get the point

Good [dead] Gods, I thought we fixed that ages ago. I'll have that in before my day is over.
  • Because Rowynn is a pansy

An option to get married without last names changing would be pretty awesome.
  • In regards to the killing Lich stuff, the way the strigoi are set up is fine.

However, the wraiths are not. Only 1 item per wraith lord spawns at any given time, and they have a 2 IG month decay rate. Nearly every time I've been to Necropolis, it's been bashed out, but no wraith lords are ever summoned. This means people are just getting the items and holding on to them, making the end-game of this quest unnecessarily difficult and honestly absurd to imagine getting done. There is no way to know where the items are or even if they're available, and without being able to know when they were dropped, there's no way to know when they'll even be available to drop again, other than trying to just own Necropolis for a week.
  • Is it possible to change which items, mobs and players are sent via GMCP so that if they are hidden from a simple LOOK, they also don't get sent to the client? 
  • Enryk said:
    Is it possible to change which items, mobs and players are sent via GMCP so that if they are hidden from a simple LOOK, they also don't get sent to the client? 
    This should already be the case for items and mobs (although the list is based on INFO HERE, not look).
  • edited June 2013
    Garryn said:
    Enryk said:
    Is it possible to change which items, mobs and players are sent via GMCP so that if they are gt hidden from a simple LOOK, they also don't get sent to the client? 
    This should already be the case for items and mobs (although the list is based on INFO HERE, not look).
    Don't most cloaking and hiding abilities affect look rather than INFO HERE though? Should they also be removing them from IH perhaps?

Edit: For example, hidden pets show up in the mob list in the new client. Now that I'm getting used to the new interface, the skill doesn't seem to actually hide them at all.

Edit: Now that I think about it, does any skill prevent something from showing up in IH? I always thought that was the way to check for concealed things.
  • I am fairly certain that for players, anything in IH should be in LOOK. If there are problems let us know.

• Jeremy said:

I am fairly certain that for players, anything in IH should be in LOOK. If there are problems let us know.

This is not the case for taming hide, masked demons, etc
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I would like the shop/Chancellor bugs to die, please:

Reported by Lalitana at 2013/05/14 00:00:
    Shops do not stay 'closed down' when the year turns over - at least in Antioch. I closed Antioch_shop_6 on 2013/05/11 20:10:41. The shop appears to have re-opened itself as of the time I filed this bug, although I have shut it down again. Thank you.

Reported by Lalitana at 2013/05/01 11:13:
    Funds received from shop/house owners (at least in Antioch) who utilize the "autopay" system appear to go into a black hole. The funds in question do not go into the Chancellor budget line, and they do not appear to be increasing the city's coffers. On the last day of Ultio 16AM, Antioch's coffers were at 6,390,617. Afterwards, they decreased to 6,237,117, consistent with a deduction of 153,500. However, neither the coffers nor the Chancellor line increased the 67,450 that the revenue log shows being paid automatically by property owners.
  • I've also seen people have issues with being unable to pay their taxes in their house, and I'm pretty sure I've had closed shops reopen before, so I'd imagine these bugs are universal.
  • The tax-paying issue is usually that the person is standing in City_house_10_2 or something instead of the plot room, although I've gotten a complaint or two about autopay.
  • Ok I don't care that Khandava's siege reaches out of their city a few rooms but when it goes across such a well used path it is so annoying.... can we just have a break some where in those like 5 room firing range.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    Temporary fix: Fly before blindly pathing through the Khandava forest.

Also, what were you trying to do that got you dinged by siege?
  • Probably some obscure quest whose operation is hindered by towne guards, city council siege, etc, because the administration isn't quick about changing these things - nor is there a precedent to do so (though there should be, at least for qhonors quests).
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Probably some obscure quest whose operation is hindered by towne guards, city council siege, etc, because the administration isn't quick about changing these things - nor is there a precedent to do so (though there should be, at least for qhonors quests).
    If you're talking about Nehor, then you haven't been reading in game news. There is a secondary mob so you don't have to go into Aori Outpost. If you're talking about another quest I'm unsure which one and you can PM me and let me know -and if something can be done I'll look into it.
  • I knew Nehor changed, but my overall point is that I was under the impression that quests inside townes and enemy territories are going to remain inaccessible for what I understand as no real good reason.

Thanks, though, because this means the precedent is changing and that is a good thing.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>