Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Kanthari said:
    Ahkan said:
    (Cavalcade): Aleutia says, "Honey you just give me whatever you want and I will be grateful :(."

context isn't important
    She was probably talking to Eligor
    X(

Illuminas would call "Trollop."
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited May 2013
    Khizan has slain Anaya.

Snip: Spam

With a triumphant rustle, a hideously warped treant injects a third demonic seed deep into Mathiaus's throat. Panic is clearly visible on Mathiaus's face as the three seeds start growing rapidly within his body, infesting veins, muscles and tendons, transforming all into decaying, rotten wood. His bones are able to resist for a while, but eventually they too become overwhelmed and where once stood Mathiaus is now only a hideous, rotten tree.
    With a look of agony on his face, Mathiaus manages to writhe himself free of the weapon which impaled him.
    Anaya has slain Mathiaus.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    This is mostly Aleutia's fault, but subs can be awesome.

01:55 - Gurn was slain by Rafe, the Blademaster.

01:55 - Moonmoon was slain by Rafe, the Blademaster.

• I'd just like to remind you, @Ahkan, @Aleutia--

We're not great friends. I don't know either of you very well. 

While it's all in good fun to give friends nicknames and poke fun at them, you're veering into the bullying category when you begin to give others degrading nicknames for the sake of your own amusement.

I'm not beat up about it. I understand I'm the butt of many jokes through the popular forum clique. But saying 'lighten up' and 'learn how to take a joke' to others doesn't help. It only makes the person feel worse because suddenly, they feel like they're not only being made fun of for whatever they did, but that they're also not supposed to feel bad about it, they're once again an outlier that's failed in another thing.

Just because it's the internet and it's the game doesn't mean you can't seriously hurt someone.

I understand there will be posts that will defend your 'free speech' or 'we're just having fun' or 'you're taking it too seriously' or the like, maybe coupled with an image macro or two. Maybe there's going to be another "white knight" speech or something. I don't know. Just take a little time and think about it. I'm a bit tired of the forums feeling like a high school.
  • Nah, I'm not going to go that route. The reason I was even mentioned, was I originally showed Ahkan the 'moon moon' meme. It had me laughing a good 20 minutes when I found it weeks ago.
    If you're feeling bullied, upset, or anything on that score, that certainly wasn't my personal intent. And if that's how you feel? I'm going to go ahead and apologize.

So sorry, dude.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm not upset about it. (apology accepted, by the way, don't worry about it) In all honesty, I didn't understand it(and went to look it up). The meme's funny, and if I were told that IRL, I'd play off of it, no big deal. You can go ahead and call me moon-moon if you really want.

I mean, I did post the squirrel thing. My RL nickname in a professional kitchen was squirrel because I was fast and twitchy. Mostly the twitchy and clumsy part.

I just dislike the idea and situation surrounding it. I made fun of myself in a light-hearted way on "I heart," but that doesn't mean I want to invite other people to start giving me nicknames and making fun of me.

It just seems that here on the forums or in Imperian, do one thing and suddenly you have two or three secret clans full of people out there making fun of you and laughing at you behind your back and making inside jokes about you for years. It's only after I had a long lull of inactivity that I shed many of the nicknames and reminders of things I did when I was 14.

I mean, I don't mean to go on a long rant her, but I inevitably do, but the idea that you can be mean so long as it's justified by a purpose of some sort, whatever it may be, creates a toxic environment for anyone who's not part of the clique. The idea posted earlier that you have to be mean to get your point across is really unsavoury. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. It doesn't mean you escalate your barbs until someone's too sick it to post. That doesn't mean you're right, either.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    @Gurn

Abigail would be proud. Someone championed the cause of pre-mature bullying claims. What's important here is context. You're a big boy who likes to make big pseudo-masculine posts on the forum about e-honor, manly behavior and championing against behaviors (trolling, bullying) you yourself endorse when you're #butthurt (anytime celidon has gone to war).  You paragon of arghpee, learn to distinguish Gurn and guy who plays Gurn. Throw up your ((rp shields)) and figure out which is which. Take a step back and look at the hilarity here...Hunter. Guardian. Supremacy. Wyvern. Brainmelt ---> I AM TEH SKWERL (insert Janus here). If you can't see humor in that, than proceed to #butthurt.

I'll stop calling you Moon-moon since it's so heinously and unfairly offensive. I'm all tapped out on soul crushing irony/hypocrisy.

• Ahkan said:
    @Gurn

Abigail would be proud. Someone championed the cause of pre-mature bullying claims. What's important here is context. You're a big boy who likes to make big pseudo-masculine posts on the forum about e-honor, manly behavior and championing against behaviors (trolling, bullying) you yourself endorse when you're #butthurt (anytime celidon has gone to war).  You paragon of arghpee, learn to distinguish Gurn and guy who plays Gurn. Throw up your ((rp shields)) and figure out which is which. Take a step back and look at the hilarity here...Hunter. Guardian. Supremacy. Wyvern. Brainmelt ---> I AM TEH SKWERL (insert Janus here). If you can't see humor in that, than proceed to #butthurt.

I'll stop calling you Moon-moon since it's so heinously and unfairly offensive. I'm all tapped out on soul crushing irony/hypocrisy.

I missed the point here. Is it that I disagree with you on a skillset and thus I shouldn't talk about bullying? Or is it something about IC and OOC? As far as I can tell, everything occured is OOC-- Ahkan wouldn't know Gurn's 2 minute title as Squirrel, jokingly given while thinking up rank names for the sect, pertaining to animals, and specifically, thinking about curious animals.

Thus, information is only seen OOC, so when the topic is brought up in an OOC clan, substituting as Moon-moon, it must then refer not to Gurn, but to me, the person.

So, if you're claiming Squirrel is an OOC reference and there's hypocrisy or irony behind it, I'm afraid you're assuming things.

Squirrel, as I mentioned before, was relevantly funny to me simply because I was nicknamed that in the kitchen, also(poorly) explain in the I <3 post. 
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited May 2013
    Yay, my skwerl title is the bomb! <--- Posted on an ooclforum. Perceived oocly.
    Gurn --> Moonmoon <-- Coded in oocly in CMUD. 

Aka, the player, me, refers to Gurn the Squirrel, as Moonmoon, in ooc conversations with his ooc friends while playing a game. I know it's hard to grasp, but Aleutia has feelings (mostly negative) and is cool to hang out with. No one is calling you Moon-moon in character, aside from a mistell because I suck at typing between two games. As far as the irony and hypocrisy, that's 100% Gurn and associated player.

As for the mistell, I'm sorry for violating Gurn's impeccable history in the context of Imperian. That was a failure on my part.
  • I you were offended then you should say so. And you started out doing it in a good way in my mind at least, but then veered off somewhere.

As far as the forum/OOC cliques go. It's not the same game it was before you went inactive. People have grown up(dangerous statement) and people have grown apart. The cliques you are probably referring to have split up considerably and all share very differing views from one another.

I'm not in @Ahkan's clique, we occasionally speak, but that's it. With that said when I saw the post and mneme and subsequent substitute, I lol'd but it didn't make me think less of you/Gurn as a person/character or as an outcast(so as an outsider to this I hope that relieves some of that thought) and I'd venture to say that would be the majority of the reactions to it.

So as cliche as it is, and even though you warned against it. Just take it in stride buddy.

• edited May 2013
    Pretty sure he's not upset about being called Moon Moon, and that it's not about being referred to as such at all in-game. The point was that it was OOC, and in that regard, that it could be potentially hurtful to a player (general player, not necessarily him). And not necessarily that specific nickname but any possibly offensive bit given to somebody for their own laughs. Like Emosud for me years ago. I laugh about it now, and I can be a big girl about it now, but at the time, at fifteen when I was depressed (and frankly was emo and probably did deserve the nickname) it was the last thing I needed to hear being sent across OOC clans and mentioned in the forums.

Edit: The general idea is: just try to keep in mind--go ahead and sub what you want and laugh about it all you want but that if it reaches the ears of the possibly ridiculed person, be aware that he or she can have feelings (that can be hurt), unlike the rest of us heartless folk that play this game these days.
  • Just generally, I think, the idea is that degrading your close friends is fun and amusing. Degrading others you don't know is being mean, whether or not you think better/worse of them. Pretty simple.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3u7cnw/
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    edited May 2013
    Wish there was an eyeroll button.

Edit: I think this just about every day. Usually in situations such as these.

• 2013/05/04 09:24:16 - Sidartha favoured Kliko for: Congratz Shah.
    2013/05/04 09:50:47 - Chani favoured Kliko for: congratz for Shah.
    2013/05/04 11:59:48 - Kliko appointed Sidartha as Sachem of Arkaskarr.

...Yay.
  • edited May 2013
    Sounds like it's time for you to join Ithaqua. (We spell it 'congratulations'.)

• Sounds like it's time to GRADUATE. Then you can spell it "Congradulations".
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Saw this quote from Garryn in a bug-fix announce post back in '09. Thought it was funny enough to share.

"- Casting NIGHT will no longer cure xeroderma on all logged players (this is now my favourite bug) "

• Selthis said:
      But I think maybe I'm just secretly 5 years old.
    This has to be the worst kept secret ever.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited May 2013
    You give the corpse of a ghost of a bewitched traveler to Durga the witchhunter.
    You have received a quest! Type QUEST GHOST REINFORCEMENTS for more information.
    Durga the witchhunter says, "Excellent work Azefel. Continue the battle."
    430H430 460M460 0B [eb b][T:ghost|R] give 24 ghost to durga
    You may not give more than one item at a time to that.

You are holding:
    401 corpses of a ghost of a bewitched traveler, 414 corpses of a ghost of a hypnotized boy.

Alas, I have no choice.

#loop 815 {give ghost to durga}

I see normal service has been resumed and we are back to encouraging spamming commands again (not that this ever went away in certain situations anyway).
  • At least your Ghosts Round Two quest likely isn't broken. I'm stuck at 1% completion. =(
  • If you haven't already, bug your concerns with the new quests (and turn-ins) and they'll be addressed by the dedicated group of code monkeys we have locked up in a back room*.

*no really, give them something to do other than sit in a room filled with typewriters with the hopes of tapping out Shakespeare's Hamlet at some point >:[
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • Bugged it last night. Is there any chance the mobs change in difficulty depending on how close they get to Necropolis/Demon's Pass? I had two ghosts of the same type give me different amounts of belief when sacrificed individually.
  • Dicene said:
    At least your Ghosts Round Two quest likely isn't broken. I'm stuck at 1% completion. =(
    I looked this up, but it does not look like you have the quest. Did it end up working?

• edited May 2013
    I'll check in a little while. At work, presently.

Edit: Just tested. Still on QUESTS, still showing 1%. Gave Durga a ghost boy thing I found nearby, still 1%. At least I'm still getting quest experience from it. =P

Edit 2.0: Guess it's important to note that this is on Baasche, not Dicene.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    yeah mine was stuck at 1%, too, doesn't really bother me though
  • H:363 M:445 [eb] 0 [db] 56 0
    The icewall to the down suddenly melts as a lash of fire strikes the opposite side of it.
    H:363 M:445 [eb] 0 [db] 56 0
    You feel your density return to normal.
    You have lost the density defence.
    A dark, swirling vortex opens to the down, and drags you through it.
    Before the Lithi caverns.
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A swirling vortex floats
    here. The decapitated head of Risca has been carelessly tossed aside. The decapitated head of Sumie
    has been carelessly tossed aside. There is a group of 2 spools of cloth here. There are 3 forests of
    sharpened crystals here. There is a small pile of golden sovereigns here. A strawberry-roan mare
    stands here, fidgeting impatiently as she occasionally noses at nearby objects. A belligerent
    cinereal stallion batters the ground beneath his hooves here, creating a cloud of dust. There are 7
    corpses of an animated hawthorn root here. There are 3 corpses of an enchanted soot-stained skeleton
    here. There are 4 corpses of an animated elder root here. There are 5 corpses of an animated apple
    root here. A disgruntled enchanged zombie has been put to rest, its corpse sprawled across the
    ground here. There are 3 corpses of an apish zombie lumberjack here. There are 4 corpses of a
    gibbering ghoul here. There are 3 corpses of a badly battered zombie here. There are 7 corpses of a
    silent ghoul here. Splattered in blood and gore across the ground is the corpse of an eerie zombie
    child, her once vibrant eyes now dull from death. There are 5 corpses of a rabid ghoul here. There
    are 5 corpses of a madcap zombie jester here. A mighty earth golem stands guard here. There are 2
    animated hawthorn roots here. An animated elder root is curled here, swaying slightly. There are 2
    animated apple roots here. An animated birch root is curled here, swaying slightly. A white and
    black seagull rests on the cliff face, beady little eyes trained towards the horizon. Hovering
    overhead is a fluffy candy pink kestrel, occasionally letting out an expectant chirp. The ever-
    shifting visage of Seraphyne, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields a pink shield draped with lace
    in her left hand and a pink staff wrapped with lace in her right. The ever-shifting visage of Aulani,
     Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields a sharpened quarterstaff in her hands. The ever-shifting
    visage of Sumie, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields an elegant mahogany quarterstaff in her
    hands. The ever-shifting visage of Risca, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. He wields a heartwood bow in
    his hands. Great Ranger, Ziat Dawnsong, Phoenix Fire is riding on an armoured battle stallion. He
    wields a strong broadsword in his left hand and a tower shield in his right.
    You see exits leading north, east, up, and in.
    You quickly rub some mass salve on your skin.
    Your body grows extremely dense and heavy as the mass salve infuses your skin.
    You have gained the density defence.
    You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Sumie.
    Aulani quickly summons a ethereal wisp.
    An ethereal wisp begins shining brightly, negating the power of surges in this location.
    (Ring): Sarrius says, "Sigh."
    Ziat secures his previously wielded items and instantly draws a strong broadsword into his left hand,
     with a tower shield flowing into the right.
    Ziat whispers something to a fluffy candy pink kestrel.
    A fluffy candy pink kestrel seems to settle down.
    A fluffy candy pink kestrel begins to follow Ziat obediently.
    Ziat barks at a fluffy candy pink kestrel, ordering it to attack you.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    Ziat razes your aura of rebounding with a strong broadsword.
    With a lightning-quick motion, Ziat slashes you with a strong broadsword.
    Damage Taken: 52 cutting, physical (raw damage: 80)
    Terror takes hold, as a numb sensation overcomes your body.
    You are afflicted with paralysis.
    Ziat moves in to engage you.
    H:311 M:445 [eb] 2 [db] 56 0
    You take 1 maidenhair leaf, bringing the total to 1201.
    You quickly eat a maidenhair leaf.
    Your paralysis fades and you can move once more.
    You have cured paralysis.
    You may apply another salve.
    You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke.
    The shifting form of Hiramius, Aspect of Moradeim enters from the in.
    H:311 M:445 [eb] 2 [db] 56 0 u
    Ziat stops you from moving that way.
    Sumie's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Sumie directs her quarterstaff towards you and an animated hawthorn root starts swaying menacingly
    around you, attempting to thwart your escape.
    H:311 M:445 [eb] 2 [db] 56 0 u
    Sumie takes a long drag off her pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.
    Health Gain: 18
    H:329 M:445 [eb] 2 [db] 56 0
    Your lungs tighten and it becomes hard to breathe.
    You are afflicted with asthma.
    H:329 M:445 [eb] 2 [db] 56 0
    A fluffy candy pink kestrel batters you with an overhead blow.
    Damage Taken: 28 blunt (raw damage: 54)
    H:301 M:445 [eb] 3 [db] 56 0
    You take a drink of an elixir of health from a claw-shaped vial.
    Health Gain: 62
    The elixir heals your body.
    H:363 M:445 [eb] 3 [db] 56 0
    The oppressive nature of the location exhausts you.
    Mana Lost: 13
    You concentrate on purging your body of foreign toxins.
    Your lungs relax and you can breathe easy once again.
    You have cured asthma.
    H:363 M:431 [eb] 3 [db] 56 0
    You may eat another herb or plant.
    Hiramius's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Hiramius points his staff, and a stream of bile-like acid streams out.
    Risca attempts to transfix you, but succeeds only in curing your blindness.
    H:363 M:431 [eb] 3 [d] 56 0
    Aulani whips a sharpened quarterstaff through the air in front of you, to no effect.
    Aulani swings her quarterstaff and an animated hawthorn root spins around and batters you, shredding
    your skin mercilessly.
    Damage Taken: 28 cutting, physical (raw damage: 52)
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    A shiver passes over your body.
    The unusual heat in the room cancels the effect of the chill.
    H:335 M:431 [eb] 10 [] 56 0
    Ziat stops you from moving that way.
    H:335 M:431 [eb] 10 [] 56 0
    Raising her hands to the sky, Seraphyne summons a mighty hailstorm.
    Hailstones the size of your fist pour from above, battering your body.
    Damage Taken: 56 blunt, mental (raw damage: 68)
    H:278 M:431 [eb] 10 [] 56 0
    Hiramius takes a long drag off his pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.
    H:278 M:431 [eb] 10 [] 56 0
    You take 1 hyssop stem, bringing the total to 302.
    You quickly eat some hyssop stem.
    Your sight fades and you can see no more.
    H:278 M:431 [eb] 10 [b] 56 0 ql
    Before the Lithi caverns.
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A swirling vortex floats
    here. The decapitated head of Risca has been carelessly tossed aside. The decapitated head of Sumie
    has been carelessly tossed aside. There is a group of 2 spools of cloth here. There are 3 forests of
    sharpened crystals here. There is a small pile of golden sovereigns here. A strawberry-roan mare
    stands here, fidgeting impatiently as she occasionally noses at nearby objects. A belligerent
    cinereal stallion batters the ground beneath his hooves here, creating a cloud of dust. There are 7
    corpses of an animated hawthorn root here. There are 3 corpses of an enchanted soot-stained skeleton
    here. There are 4 corpses of an animated elder root here. There are 5 corpses of an animated apple
    root here. A disgruntled enchanged zombie has been put to rest, its corpse sprawled across the
    ground here. There are 3 corpses of an apish zombie lumberjack here. There are 4 corpses of a
    gibbering ghoul here. There are 3 corpses of a badly battered zombie here. There are 7 corpses of a
    silent ghoul here. Splattered in blood and gore across the ground is the corpse of an eerie zombie
    child, her once vibrant eyes now dull from death. There are 5 corpses of a rabid ghoul here. There
    are 5 corpses of a madcap zombie jester here. A mighty earth golem stands guard here. There are 2
    animated hawthorn roots here. An animated elder root is curled here, swaying slightly. There are 2
    animated apple roots here. An animated birch root is curled here, swaying slightly. A white and
    black seagull rests on the cliff face, beady little eyes trained towards the horizon. Hovering
    overhead is a fluffy candy pink kestrel, occasionally letting out an expectant chirp. The shining
    figure of a Seraphic guardian floats in the air here. Great Ranger, Ziat Dawnsong, Phoenix Fire is
    riding on an armoured battle stallion. He wields a strong broadsword in his left hand and a tower
    shield in his right. The ever-shifting visage of Sumie, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields an
    elegant mahogany quarterstaff in her hands. The ever-shifting visage of Hiramius, Aspect of Moradeim,
     is here. He wields an elemental staff in his left hand and a truesilver shield in his right. The
    ever-shifting visage of Aulani, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields a sharpened quarterstaff in
    her hands. The ever-shifting visage of Seraphyne, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. She wields a pink
    shield draped with lace in her left hand and a pink staff wrapped with lace in her right. The ever-
    shifting visage of Risca, Aspect of Moradeim, is here. He wields a heartwood bow in his hands.
    You see exits leading north, east, up, and in.
    H:278 M:431 [eb] 4 [b] 56 0
    You have recovered your breath and can smoke once more.
    (Ring): Sarrius says, "Xeron get back here."
    Ziat secures his previously wielded items and instantly draws a strong broadsword into his left hand,
     with a runic tablet flowing into the right.
    Ziat swings a strong broadsword at you powerfully.
    Your vision and hearing are suddenly restored.
    With a lightning-quick motion, Ziat slashes you with a strong broadsword.
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    You are afflicted with sensitivity.
    Ziat concentrates, and a searing image of the sowulu rune suddenly flares on your skin.
    Damage Taken: 47 unblockable (raw damage: 35)
    H:126 M:431 [eb] 9 [] 56 0
    Damage Taken: 21 magickal (raw damage: 20)
    A circle of vibrating energy appears on the ground, taking your health.
    Your equilibrium is disrupted by a high-pitched keening.
    You are afflicted with disruption.

:(
  • In my defense, I was not entirely aware they were camped four rooms from us. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>