Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• In less self-massaging quotes...long live the ToA

Current event: Free-For-All
    Name                Health/Mana           Location
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ziat                490/490H 559/580M     Forest inside the arena walls ( has not moved)
    Antrax              539/550H 417/490M     Tunnel paved with cobblestones
    Darin               418/390H 418/418M     South of a broken archway (moves when Antrax moves...away from Antrax)
    Mathiaus            475/500H 448/527M     Forest inside the arena walls (has not moved)

Kill Counts:
    Antrax 3
    Ziat 1
    Mathiaus 1
    Darin 0

Yep, it's all about being the best.
  • If it works, it works...No different than the fab five going through and teaming everyone to ensure they get every slice of the pie.

• edited April 2013
    Ahkan said:
    In less self-massaging quotes...long live the ToA

Current event: Free-For-All
    Name                Health/Mana           Location
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ziat                490/490H 559/580M     Forest inside the arena walls ( has not moved)
    Antrax              539/550H 417/490M     Tunnel paved with cobblestones
    Darin               418/390H 418/418M     South of a broken archway (moves when Antrax moves...away from Antrax)
    Mathiaus            475/500H 448/527M     Forest inside the arena walls (has not moved)

Kill Counts:
    Antrax 3
    Ziat 1
    Mathiaus 1
    Darin 0

Yep, it's all about being the best.
    You should've seen the amazing coin tosses of the first one. Absolutely brutal, I tell you.
  • I know it's clichéd, but this is why we can't have nice things. Off to I Hate to rant it out.
  • Dicene said:
    I know it's clichéd, but this is why we can't have nice things. Off to I Hate to rant it out.
    FFA's are no judge of who is the best, and anyone who thinks or thought so is wrong. As pointed out by @Ahkan. The really isn't a sure fire way of knowing who the best is, because the amount effort it would take to definitively prove is just insurmountable. You'd have to put everyone on the same playing field artifact and learned skills wise, then you'd have to put them up against someone from every class that has the same exact technical know how(read: how to fight their profession) as the people everyone else is fighting....Then you'd have to measure up the win/loss column. Which let's face it, that will never happen.

All in all, life(and imperian) isn't fair and it shouldn't be. Because of that, you'll never know who truly is the best. So everyone go ahead and dispel the notion that the ToA somehow represents that.

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Well, I learned mage retardation > most, as it should be
  • Heh. I didn't say anything at all about fairness. With something like Imperian, there isn't really a single best, but a group of best that are willing to put in the time and effort to be better than the majority. This is just the first ToA that I've participated in and I was expecting more class. I wasn't expecting to actually win anything, but the plan was to place in a few events so I could grab a couple credits to turn into lessons so I can finally get another skillset. Didn't realize that when I joined the FFA that I should have been grabbing people and hope to have a group big enough to go against the big five. Had I known that, I'd have joined for the participation points then either killed myself as soon as it started, or I'd have had someone else do it, rather than waste my time trying to participate in a game where the outcome was rigged.
  • The Tourney of Ages is never fair. It is always like this: some people try to idealize it thinking the momentousness and purpose of the occasion (celebrating Imperian's birth and continued existence) will make people behave. The reality of the situation is that to get ahead in point totals, you must play dirty, rough, and sometimes jerkish.

Some people just can't take the scrapes and bruises.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • On the plus side, it's hard to play dirty in Bait-the-Frog.
  • Sarrius said:
    The reality of the situation is that to get ahead in point totals, you must play dirty, rough, and sometimes jerkish.

Some people just can't take the scrapes and bruises.
    This is amazing, I had to quote this for great justice. Having just come down from killing people for bashing, I think it's safe to say that Sarrius plays all jerk all the time. It fits, he's in the right clan for it. Second, Sarrius is/was/will always be a living incarnation of the second quote. 

These ffas is/are/have been boring. Boring and lame things deserve to be made fun of, something Sarrius should be quite familiar with. Triple threat of irony. Well played.
  • Feel free to make fun at it or me all you like. So long as its dished out fairly, which is why brought up the fab five teaming in the first FFA. Not saying you were playing bffs or anything considering your nemesis Juran was part of that five. Just adding to your comment.

• Delrayne said:
    Feel free to make fun at it or me all you like. So long as its dished out fairly, which is why brought up the fab five teaming in the first FFA. Not saying you were playing bffs or anything considering your nemesis Juran was part of that five. Just adding to your comment.
    Haha, My five point Nemesis would have a sense of humor or a personality. I wasn't really meaning to single you out, so if you feel that way, I apologize. I was just snarking that Antrax carried that FFA. There's really no arguing that. The three of you actively avoided moving for fear of being spotted. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic, just like teaming. Of course, that's in a vaccuum. When you add in the posturing of the three of you and the Bellatores contingent (all) then the remarks become hilarious snark fodder. What it boils down to is "I HAVE MY PRINCIPLES AND WILL JUDGE YOU HARSHLY. Oh look, shiny. Peace out principles, there's lewt to be had."  All in all, the ToA is a lot of fun. I love my 4v4 team and some of the people I interact with in the events. To devil's advocate myself, the ToA does really bring about some stellar behavior from players, like Azefel, Ozreas, etc. who will help other people get clues/completion, even if it threatens their lead. Sadly, most of your veteran players aren't like that, which is a shame.

And to preempt the knee jerk flame, I'm a huge fan of self denigration. I'll be the first one to make fun of my behavior as Kabal or Ahkan. I love snark and witty complaining. Luckily, I'm in a culture on the internet where this is pretty mainstream behavior that is actually seen as an endearing trait by most, so it works.

Jesse tells you, "Your team membership should be fixed up now. Let me know ASAP on Monday if it gives you any more trouble."
    You tell Jesse, "Do you really doubt my ability to piss and moan when something goes wrong? How dare you doubt me. :(."
    You tell Jesse, "Or Lionas for that matter."
    Jesse tells you, "Good point."
    You tell Jesse, "Snark aside, thanks :P."
  • Delrayne said:
    which is why brought up the fab five teaming in the first FFA.  
    There were only 4 of us. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    The single most important factors are situational awareness and adaptability. Those two things pretty much encompass or overrule all the aforementioned prerequisites to be judged as a pvp'er.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited April 2013
    To be fair about that ffa, no one, and I mean no one, likes fighting against me. I was letting everyone else duke it out for the sake of not having to deal with me.

In all honesty that Ffa shouldve been judged like a bloodbath and give Antrax first place for killing so many people and being the MVP.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    (Ring): Hanzou says, "Noobie fits me more because it sounds sweeter."
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
    Mathiaus said:
    To be fair about that ffa, no one, and I mean no one, likes fighting against me. I was letting everyone else duke it out for the sake of not having to deal with me. In all honesty that Ffa shouldve been judged like a bloodbath and give Antrax first place for killing so many people and being the MVP.
    I love fighting against you, it's like a race to see how many stuns I can not care about before you die to massive damage in aeon
  • edited April 2013

When you agree on a method, stick to it! Don't let your vanquished opponent convince you that best out of three is a good idea after the fact. That never ends well.

Where was this clause last year to save me from Galt?! (which he invoked after the "illegal summoner tactics" objection failed to gain any traction)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • edited April 2013
    I, along with most of demonic, appreciate Lionas' coding prowess and ring-based status messages in the heat of combat.

Baasche rubs some salve on his torso.
    The raging fire about Baasche's skin is put out.
    H:670 M:713 S:97 <eb db>
    Iniar SMOKING LOVAGE
    H:670 M:713 S:97 <eb db>
    Mathiaus rubs some salve on his torso.
    The raging fire about Mathiaus's skin is put out.
    H:670 M:713 S:97 <eb db> Drawing back with a knowing smirk, you utter the truename of Mathiaus, who suddenly becomes very
    still and bleeds from his eyes and ears.
    You have slain Mathiaus.
    Equilibrium Taken: 3.26s
    H:670 M:713 S:97 <-b db>
    Tanaros's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Tanaros extends his palm towards Baasche, enveloping him briefly in an astral aura.
    The crone withers Ferriter's right arm into uselessness.
    Tanaros reaches out and clenches a fist before Baasche, who screams and doubles over in agony as his
    skin suddenly bubbles with gangrenous growths.
    Baasche swoons for a moment then rises again, flushed but strong.
    Ferriter rubs some salve on his arms.
    Tanaros SMOKING LINSEED
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    (Ring): Lionas says, "Mathiaus at 7% health, 92% mana."

Apparently all smoke and mirrors folks. Dude just randomly yells out stats in battle to impress us.
    :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • edited April 2013
    Approximate round trip time in milli-seconds:
         Minimum = 40ms, Maximum = 242ms, Average = 91ms

EDIT: When I'm not hitting spikes, I'm averaging between 39 and 42, depending on the window, so it's not all bad.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
    Why did you burn your tn at 7%? :[

If the target is under 210 I tn, if target is under 70 I warp. ( I have to save them babies, almost hard to get now that they don't stack and we have to share them with our dk phalanx)
    Well you know unless I manual it out of desperation when I know I'm about to lose :[

(mirroring OP)
  • edited April 2013
    Your greem slime entity quickly envelops NAME.

Sooooooo... it is a typo, or they really intended to use greem instead of green? The rest of the messages use green.

/bored

This post is sponsored by Ruby Rhod, Inc. "It gotta be green."

Super green.
  • (Cavalcade): Aleutia says, "Honey you just give me whatever you want and I will be grateful :(."

context isn't important
  • Ahkan said:
    (Cavalcade): Aleutia says, "Honey you just give me whatever you want and I will be grateful :(."

context isn't important
    She was probably talking to Eligor
    X(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Kanthari said:
    She was probably talking to Eligor
    X(
    I'd do anything for Eligor.  :x

• [-X
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created