Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to have a sit command that bypasses the autocurer too, though you can always set an alias to autocuring off;sit and have it turn back on when you see the line to stand.

For the sleeper, I think out could be done the same way as suggested above.
  • Hate to bring up other IRE games a lot, but either Aetolia or Lusternia let's you toggle standing and waking in autocuring for this very reason. Honestly though, "ac off;sleep" and "ac aff off;sit" take no more than two seconds to type, so I really don't need a new command for it.
  • Mercer said:

I said this way before, but plucking eagle feather is a long and boring process.  I'd rather use more balance to pluck them all than pluck them one by one.

This would be amazing. In a fit of madness (and in attempt to make no Khandavan has to pluck eagles for the rest of their life), I procured 100 eagles. It takes, on average, 3-4 hours to harvest all of them, if I'm not doing anything else. Slightly less if I browbeat @Katalina into helping :(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • I would just make a non-forced sleep command to pause autocuring. I think that I saw that if you MEDIDATE, autocuring pauses itself, I might be misremembering.

Dicene, while it is easy triggering autocuring on/off for established players, it can be annoying for novices who kept getting messages 'you are too tired, and should rest' messages but when trying to sleep, are awakened by autocuring. More than once I have seen novices asking why can't they sleep in NEWBIE

I really see it as a QoL change.
  • Labil said:

I see your QoL change and raise you Announce 2351. :)
  • Awesome admins are awesome.

Just to clarify, if you manually sleep, you won't auto-wake when your health is maxed?
  • Correct.
  • I see your QoL change and raise you Announce 2351. :)

Well played, good sir! I gracefully fold my cards and cast my vote of the day.
  • Another annoyance I've found with sidewinder skin harvesting, you can't drop all your corpses and just harvest them in one go.  You have to pick up the corpse to get to the next one.  You don't have to do with with the various venom sacs.
  • Mercer said:
    Another annoyance I've found with sidewinder skin harvesting, you can't drop all your corpses and just harvest them in one go.  You have to pick up the corpse to get to the next one.  You don't have to do with with the various venom sacs.
    I wish the non-herb requirements for concoctions could just be dropped altogether, particularly the requirements for diamond dust.
  • edited May 2013
    Or the (apparent) inability to inpot more than 200 gold at a time.

No, wait, to clarify that when you do INPOT 3 GOLD TO POT it actually means INPOT (3 * 200) GOLD TO POT, which is just plain baffling.
  • Please make it inpot from the rift, I am not making new aliases not to remake them later!

I am lazy :(
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Make Celidon's greeter stop greeting me.
  • Garryn said:
    Labil said:

I see your QoL change and raise you Announce 2351. :)
    Brilliant! That's far better of a solution, thank you!
  • While it's nice to see that fixed, it would be really nice to have a way to sit without the autocurer interpreting it as an affliction and automatically standing, though.

If I see a bench somewhere, my choices are "Stand next to the bench with my healing system on" or "Turn my healing system completely off and sit on the bench". This is irritating.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Does it really bothers you? Half the NPCs in Stavenn salute/bow/etc at Nobles, I tuned it out long ago.

• Khizan
    said:

While it's nice to see that fixed, it would be really nice to have a way to sit without the autocurer interpreting it as an affliction and automatically standing, though.

If I see a bench somewhere, my choices are "Stand next to the bench with my healing system on" or "Turn my healing system completely off and sit on the bench". This is irritating.

I am fine with fixing this, it drives me crazy too. But what is the best answer for it?

• Jeremy said:

Khizan
    said:

While it's nice to see that fixed, it would be really nice to have a way to sit without the autocurer interpreting it as an affliction and automatically standing, though.

I am fine with fixing this, it drives me crazy too. But what is the best answer for it?
    AUTOCURING STAND ON
    AUTOCURING STAND OFF
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • We can do it that way. I was hoping for something more elegant, but there are probably too many possible issues.

• One more tiny thing. Is it possible to change the colouring of SAY/CHANT/SING etc, so that only the verbal component in quotes is coloured with the SAYS colour? That would match the appearance of custom EMOTEs, and would make me feel a bit better about adding slightly longer poses to my bard attacks (the key part would be coloured very clearly).

As in, if I do
    > CHANT (Gesturing forcefully) RUBAIT GOBLIN
    The colouring might be:
    Gesturing forcefully, Roven chants, "RUBAIT"
    instead of what it is now, which is
    Gesturing forcefully, Roven chants, "RUBAIT"
  • Jeremy said:

Khizan
    said:

Can the system tell when you're forced to sit/are knocked down vs. when the player chooses to sit? If so, could autocuring be coded to react if someone is knocked over and not react if they sit/lie down purposefully?
  • I wish it were that easy. It could be done that way but the amount of work is actually pretty significant. I will talk it over with the coders.

• Perhaps something as simple as SIT ON BENCH/GROUND turns the stand off. And as soon as you stand it turns standing on automatically.

If we're going to do it as a toggle, as mentioned above. Can we at least get it to turn back on automatically on standing? Nothing worse then forgetting to turn something back on while running to a shardfall. :(

(Not that I've ever done that... ever.)
  • Once the autocuring stand switch is made, it would be simple to make a setup for that stuff clientside.

In MM2k, this is what mine would probably look like:

/alias {sit %0} {autocuring stand off ||| SIT $0;/var sitdown 1 misc} {misc}

/action {<standing message here>} {/if {$sitdown == 1} {autocuring stand on;/var sitdown 0 misc}} {misc}

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

Once the autocuring stand switch is made, it would be simple to make a setup for that stuff clientside.

In MM2k, this is what mine would probably look like:

/alias {sit %0} {autocuring stand off ||| SIT $0;/var sitdown 1 misc} {misc}

/action {<standing message here>} {/if {$sitdown == 1} {autocuring stand on;/var sitdown 0 misc}} {misc}

Yes, yes. I could easily do that. But the point is, I don't want to. I also don't want another thing to explain to novices.
  • Then don't explain it. They don't need to know it immediately. 

• I think this was probably mentioned in a classlead at some point, but currently it feels like weapons, specifically for knights, are pretty restrictive in an RP sense. That is to say, if you want to be quick and stick afflictions, you're stuck with a sabre. If you want to pile on the damage, you forsake a shield and go with a claymore (or one of the other two new variants). If you're a Runeguard, you can get some use out of a battleaxe, but generally it seems to be looked down upon about as much as claymores. Having advantages and disadvantages to each weapon is fine, it's realistic, but it's not especially immersive seeing every knight running around with a sabre (or a level 1-3 artifact sabre). 

I might be the only person who even cares about this, so don't hate too hard, but what I want is more options for each weapon 'type' (i.e., fast but weak one-handed, moderate one-handed, slow but damaging two-handed), and maybe equalize the existing types (which I know is a pretty unreasonable thing to ask) so that each is equally appealing. Since Smithing is probably eventually going to get pushed into general skills and redone a little, I thought this might be worth mentioning.

•  I kind of see where you're coming from, but with the ability to purchase designs to go on your sabres, it seems less bad to me. Can those normal custom designs be applied to artifact weapons, or do you have to pay to customize them?
  • You have to pay credits to customize an artifact.