Skip to content

Aspects of the Unified Moon

2»

Comments

• edited October 2019

You currently feel the power of five fire monoliths, five water monoliths, three air monoliths and two earth monoliths.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Rollup of changes/bugfixes:

- The Moonforge should no longer act as a forge for smithing etc
    - It is no longer for aspects of Aryana, Sukhder, or Moradeim to CONTROL MONOLITH. You need to
    choose one of the new Aspect types.
    - Aspect enter/exit messages will only be used if the person has chosen a new aspect type
    - Aspect damage adjustments (both given and received) should now be properly applied on elemental
    planes and based on elemental damage types.
    - Monolith loss due to Aspect inactivity now occurs daily, based on a running average of online
    time.
      - This is three changes in one:
      - Increases the activity you need by 1/3
      - Means that you can create a buffer more than a week in advance if you absolutely need to (by
    padding your daily average)
      - Means that overall monoliths won't be held by inactive players as much
    - Since other Aspects having monoliths can no longer help you in the new system, the output of ASPECTS and MONOLITHS will only show you how many monoliths of your Aspect you feel, not of others.
    - There will now be an occasional room-wide ambient message for aspects, flavored based on the element they've chosen.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited October 2019
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3899
    Date: 10/28/2019 at 2:57
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Monolith PK Clarification

Imperian,

This post serves as a reminder that if you are an aspect currently holding a Monolith, you are open PK to anyone in the world. When you die (by any means), your monolith is lost and can be claimed by any Aspect.

Additionally, this post serves to alert you that the list of monoliths (in the MONOLITHS and ASPECTS command outputs) now denotes which of the Aspects holding monoliths are online. This bypasses all forms of concealment (including fully activated Gems of Cloaking), but does NOT in any way reveal your location - merely that you're online.

This change is intended to further Monolith holding as a conflict mechanism, and encourage monoliths to change hands.

Happy hunting!

Penned by my hand on the 20th of Fas, in the year 206 AM.
  • Ideas to increase relevance:

+Linking the planes to Powercall Islands, repurposing the themes there.

+Make real-world consequences (fires, floods, earthquakes, storms) on Aetherius if there is an imbalance of Aspects.

+Link Sect themes to these elements - Flame, Water, etc. already exist.

Just a few ideas until the post comes out, in case things aren't already set in stone.

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    What's going on with the rooms with the strongholds? I was able to expand and see the rooms on my HOUSE ROOMS, but I haven't been able to move them or set anything. besides the very first room you get for stronghold_<name>_1
  • Could just be from playing around with it for the first time, but as a long time aspect. These changes just make aspect feel worse than it was. For instance take aspect gaze. The cost:

200,000 spirit to enable.
    100 spirit maintenance (looks to be like every 2 mins)
    1000 spirit to activate ability (to gaze to aryana)
    Keep in mind that I'm judging this based on my current levels of spirit (190,000,000), which should be quite high considering around 13 or 14 million gold of permanent aspect powers were put into it. So basically you have two options:

1)You can macro aspect enable gazeroom, gaze, then disable gazeroom (this will cost you 201,000 spirit every time you use it).
    2)You can just suck it up and keep it enabled and live with the drain. (200,000 initial, the 100 every 2 mins. So 3000 every hour. So if you only use gaze once every 66 hours, this option is more worthwhile.

So while it is nice to have a change to aspect. It just feels horrible because we have all the same skills we had before, but worse. Since we now have to pay maintenance on them. It doesn't feel like the extra cost improves gameplay, just limits gameplay. 

Truthfully, I understand what my issue is. If this was the structure of what aspect original was like then I'd probably accept it and move on. But it just feels like we took what aspect was and nerfed it down into this thing. I love the idea of a stronghold, though the raiding part basically means I'll probably never bother with it. There is always someone with more free time to collect spirit and wreck shit in your stronghold.
  • The cost looks excessive - until you realise that you get 10% of all experience gains as spirit - a single run of ironwood grove netted me ~100k spirit, so if you do any bashing/questing at all, you're probably going to completely negate any costs.
  • Hey so one little thing about the new monolith structure.

I was inactive for a fair bit of time then came back. Grabbed a monoith and I lost it after being offline for about 2 hours.

Maybe there should be a min time before you can lose it. Make it 24 hours or something.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to see resist changes only occur if the player is within their own stronghold or the bashing planes. Outside on Aetherius, you're cornered into choosing father and especially staying away from water because of the number of classes who capitalize on fire damage.
  • Or you know... just delete the crappy aspect changes and give us something that is actually worth enjoying and not just a half-baked idea... preferably one that doesn't involve strongholds or elements... because no matter how you slice it... Aspects picking an element... is about as enjoyable as arguing with Galt about anything game related.
  • Is there a way to get passive monoliths like there used to be before?

I'm struggling a bit to see how you can have more than 1 medium power going at once.
  • Eochaid said:
    Is there a way to get passive monoliths like there used to be before?

I'm struggling a bit to see how you can have more than 1 medium power going at once.
    No, but adding additional monoliths has been slated for a while. We just finished up the groundwork, and ran a brief release event today. There are now 8 more monoliths for a total of 17 (and we're discussing adding a few more in the future)
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #3914
    Date: 11/20/2019 at 1:10
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Elemental Monoliths

New Monoliths have been discovered on the elemental planes! Eight new Monoliths now grace Imperian.

All of the new monoliths have been found! Those of you with multiple monoliths, rejoice, for you
    have luck.

These monoliths will behave identically to those that already existed - they're lost if you die, and
    must be controlled in the normal way. Getting to them is a pain for now, but stay tuned for a 
    Stronghold addition in the near future that will make getting to them a bit easier.

Penned by my hand on the 18th of Tenebrae, in the year 208 AM.
  • Thank you, Anonymous historian!

In Halitus of 205 AM, the world was shaken by a sudden and wholly unexpected event in the skies above Aetherius. Though most events in the heavens are predicted by astronomers, the sudden Triple Eclipse that occurred - the second in known history - came with no warning. As it continued to unfold, the very elements themselves seemed to come alive around the celestial event, with rock, fire, air, and water dancing in rings around the unified shape above. Just as suddenly as it began, however, the Triple Eclipse ended, but not before leaving the Aspects of the world with an urge to travel to the now revealed site of the Moon Forge, a metaphysical realm created by Eloweth using the power of the moons centuries before. With this new found site, the Aspects were able to take on new mantles - those of the elements themselves, channeled through the Moon Forge from the Elemental Planes.
    As the Aspects continued to explore and build their strongholds, little more of note occurred for three years.
    Then, in Tenebrae of 208 AM, the world was again shaken, but this time from below. A surge of power erupted from the Monoliths on Aetherius, culminating about the Moons above. After some time, the light died out, only to be echoed by eight shining beams seeming to come from the space beyond the Moons! The Aspects once again went to searching, and soon found echoes of the Aetherian Monoliths scattered on the Elemental Planes! As each was found, it bonded instantly with the Aspect that had found it, allowing them control of the monolith and buoying the other Aspects of their elemental attunement.
    With eight new monoliths found, what other mysteries are present on the Elemental Planes? What mysteries do these Monoliths hold? Only time will tell.
  • Think I'm caught up with the changes so far.

So far best bet is to just pick the most popular aspect as that'll get most powers and ignore the least popular ones. No real difference between the aspects in any practical sense and no roleplay elements linking any aspect to any set org AM, Mag or Demonic so we can all just pick the most populated one.

I can hold more than one monolith and its better to be a holder than just a passive recipient of the powers. I like this change.

• Eochaid said:

So far best bet is to just pick the most popular aspect as that'll get most powers and ignore the least popular ones. 

Because having a higher population causes a malus in the effect of monoliths other aspects of your type are holding, this is not necessarily true. Currently, Fire has 6 monoliths, plus two inherent ones, but only gets the power of 6 total. Air, on the other hand, has 7 monoliths, plus two inherent ones, and has the power of 9. Because Fire has such a large population, they get less impact from the held monoliths.
  • How can you tell what the population is so that you can pick the better option?
  • You can use the ASPECTS command.
  • Thanks thats nice.
  • I can't see anywhere that tells me the population of the various aspect factions?

Can you confirm the command that tells us the population? I can't quite fight it out sorry.
  • ASPECTS displays a list of active names. Only active Aspects matter for the population calculations.

As far as a number? You'll have to count yourself I guess.
  • Is there ment to be any restrictions to swaping out any powers?

No balance, no cost etc to swap powers it looks.

For castable effects looks like I can just swap the power in cast it then swap back out a passive effect. This may defeat the purpose of having them point restricted.

eg aspect priority swap changeroom Inhume;gaze/inhume etc

So I can sort of have every castable power when ever I want to cast it for no apparent extra cost.

• There are spirit costs for activating powers and deactivating them. I haven't done enough testing to see how impactful it is. Spirit isn't that hard to come by if you're a dedicated basher, either.
  • There are spirit costs for activating powers and deactivating them. I haven't done enough testing to see how impactful it is. Spirit isn't that hard to come by if you're a dedicated basher, either.

There's no spirit cost for swapping powers though.

So you activate the powers you want and then swap position 1 with the dormant power.

That way you can have Inhume dormant all the time. swap it in cast it swap it back out

eg
    aspect priority swap regeneration Inhume;inhume target;priority swap regeneration inhume