This thread serves as a general discussion topic for the new aspect system. What do you like? What don't you like (be constructive, please)?
Please file bug reports in-game for anything that is broken or not working as expected. Otherwise, feel free to post here!
ANNOUNCE NEWS #3896
Date: 10/20/2019 at 0:22
To : Everyone
Subj: Aspect Changes
Changes to the aspect system have gone live!
Please read HELP ASPECTS for detailed information, but the highlights are:
- All aspects are now aspects of the unified moon and may gain access to any of the fifteen original aspect skills
- With the unified moon, access to the Moon Forge has opened. GAZE FORGE to travel to it.
- At the Moon Forge you may choose an elemental AFFINITY. Having an elemental affinity allows you to travel to the four elemental planes
- Elemental planes mirror places on the prime material plane, but damage is considerably different based on the plane and your affinity
- Aspects can build STRONGHOLDS on their chosen plane and fortify it against invasion
- Aspect powers use and drain SPIRIT, which you gather by gaining experience or converting lessons
- Monoliths still exist, but now they focus on the affinity of the holder
- Players may choose which of the fifteen skills to power, but higher level skills cost more monoliths to power (1 to 5)
- Each affinity is automatically given the equivalent power of two monoliths. For example, if fire controls 1 monolith, fire affinity players have the equivalent of 3 monolith points to choose powers from
- Previously purchased permanent monoliths and monolith powers have been converted into vast amounts of spirit
Happy Plane Hopping!
Penned by my hand on the 1st of Artificium, in the year 205 AM.