Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Is anything ever going to be done about knights and their PvE/PvP artifact split? My alt is sitting on a thousand credits or so and I'd like to know how I should spend them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I really, really wish someone would get on improving the documentation in Imperian. If you're going to do something as drastic as taking out an statpack like Fast, shouldn't we also be updating every single class helpfile that suggests getting it, such as HELP RENEGADE? Would likely be very confusing to a new player.
  • edited November 2015
    In response to the above, if any Celani would actually be willing to work on this I will be more than happy to read old announce posts/re-write/write some files to help along.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • The slitherer quest has run its course. Nobody is really interested in doing it. Logging in to dozens of dead orphans lying all over the streets was kind of funny at first, and now it's completely out of place and confusing to newbies. Please just remove this quest.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Rofl:

11. (2015/11/26 08:01) Elrith: "Ain't that sentence an insult in itself!?"
    12. (2015/11/26 08:01) Elrith: "PAH!"
    13. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "I found this in HELP BARD "In PvP, a Bard focuses on gaining resonance...""
    14. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "And thought it was so awesome funny because of your hatred against bard and resonance."
    15. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "But YOU WORK TO GAIN RESONANCE!"
    16. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "ITS A GOOD THING!"
    17. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "It should say "Maintain control of your resonance"."
    18. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "Or something something."
    19. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "Blocking."
    20. (2015/11/26 08:02) Elrith: "Something."

- rofl -

Skillsets:

Voice: Comprised of various utility, damage, and affliction skills, Voice is a Bard's main arsenal. 
    In PvP, a Bard focuses on gaining resonance by undeafing his or her opponent while applying 
    afflictions and eventually finishes with damage. In PvE, the Bard can utilize both damage and 
    healing at the same time.

Thespia: Composed of a plethora of passive songs requiring instruments to be played, the Bard gains 
    most of his or her defenses from this skillset such as Flight and Warding for PvE. A handful of 
    offensive songs such as Revelation and the ever important Cruel Lament are critical in PvP, allowing 
    the Bard some breathing room in certain combat situations.

Artistry: Mainly a utility skillset, Artistry contains a Bard's ability to paint portaits, craft 
    books, and fashion letters. Sketches are helpful with certain situations such as walls and escaping 
    conflict. For PvP purposes, sketch's afflictions help push for successful victories.

- lol -

- lololololol -
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Defiler suffers badly from this too. There are AB files that were outdated before the last major revamp, so we're getting on two to three iterations in. It's near impossible for someone to read through the files and understand the class at all, if they weren't already familiar.

• edited November 2015
    As always, with help files. You can e-mail me at Elokia@Imperian.com, especially if it's big changes to help files. I'm more than happy to getting them straightened out, it just takes a lot of work. With lots of eyes, it helps. So any suggestions to HELP files you can either e-mail it to me, or bug it. (I'll see it quicker if it is e-mailed). - I'm ok with my e-mail being flooded, btw.

(If it is minor and doesn't require research, please bug it - others will see it and be able to assist as well.
  • Wysrias said:
    I would love it if I could do something with charms other than litter the floor in exasperation after long hunting trips. Possible ideas could include:

- Expand your bracelet into a full gown, reducing the damage taken from underworld bosses
    - Merging them into consumable relic-charms that increase the effect of all defile/sanctify actions at that shrine for the next 15 minutes
    - Create fashionable but loud bangles that temporarily increase experience gain in underworld zones
    - Fuse into charm bombs that can be set off in the underworld, creating a commotion that skips to the next spawn wave
    - CONFIG CHARMS OFF
    This is still pertinent. Please, please no more charms.

• I've been on an achievements kick, trying to fill out a few gaps.

With a final tug you heave a grayling out of the water.
    You put 660 xp towards a drop of virtue. You need 13,212 more for the next comm.

So I get that fishing sucks and is horribly outdated, but in lieu of spending any real effort on a system nobody uses, maybe we could just bump the experience gain a bit? I generate over 30000% more experience from a single ebonmarrow kill.

• It'd be so amazing if I cold change my design list to organize using something other than design #. Alphabetically by name. Alphabetically by design. Even just when the design was started.

I know I can filter, but DESIGN LIST could be improved by being organized in like, literally any other way possible.
  • Any chance a small change could be made to PIPELIST so that infinite pipes are indicated as special in some way. I'd just assume that based on "-" decay time, but there are not-infinite pipes available as well, so that doesn't work.
  • Dicene said:
    Any chance a small change could be made to PIPELIST so that infinite pipes are indicated as special in some way. I'd just assume that based on "-" decay time, but there are not-infinite pipes available as well, so that doesn't work.
    Done.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I'd buy more festive stockings if I could trade/give away things like any sweaters I get (especially the sweaters, but also the beards really, because those are just fun), just saying.  Also, I wish I could use the beard as a tentacle tattoo, even if it still "used up" a tattoo slot, because neat.  The trouble with yank is that it won't ever get used, but tentacle does, and is a universal ability.  Also, I want a "beard" emote like "mustache" (which might have been removed?) but I can emote token that, really.  
  • An event to 'open' the underworld to shrine placement would be fantastic. A lot of sects have extra idols/shrines etc. to place with no valuable locations: the underworld is vast enough to provide plenty of ground for sects to branch out without running directly into one another. It would also be of limited tactical value, as caravans/shardfalls/golems are nowhere in sight, much less monoliths.

• edited December 2015
    @Eoghan @Garryn

Case Study 1:
    -> Girl1 gets adopted and added to bloodline1
    -> Girl1 matrons bloodline2
    -> Girl1 is removed from bloodline1 and added to bloodline2
    (and cannot change back because she is Matriarch)
    -> Girl1 parents left intact in 'bloodline show girl1' and appears on 'bloodline show bloodline1'

Case Study 2:
    -> Girl1 gets adopted and added to bloodline1
    -> Girl1 adopts Girl3 who gets added to bloodline1
    -> Girl2 and Girl1 sign as bloodsiblings in bloodline2
    -> Girl1 is entirely removed from bloodline1, does not appear in 'bloodline show bloodline1'
    -> Girl1 parents completely removed from 'bloodline show girl1'
    -> Girl3 remains in bloodline1 through honors but does not appear in 'bloodline show bloodline1'

Apparently blood sister/brothering can be done while you are already part of a bloodline. This results in the ability to wipe all record of your parents and their bloodline for yourself and, if they choose, your progeny.

I did not bug because I am not sure if this is intentional or an oversight (since I miss this like 60% of the time anyway), but it was my understanding that bloodlines were permanent, and intended to be, except through marriage (and a super sad divorce of your parents where you get to decide who you love more)
  • Just an FYI, on the imperian.com website, under game info, when you click religious orders, it still has the old gods and then when you click them it says they died and read news posts with nothing about sects or stuff.

Might want to update that eventually.
  • I say we make Khizan rewrite all of that stuff, because it will be peppered with just the right amount of "terrible" and "awful", and because I am pretty sure it was his fault.
  • We need something to do with shards. I know that we had a discussion about that earlier, but nothing has changed. One thing that shards does is that they give you quest experience when put into generator, it's cool, but in the end it doesn't mean much for quite many people. There's also many shard skills to use, and I use them a lot, but I still a lot of shards to spend, and I mean a lot. I just think we need something bigger.

Use it as currency in certain situations?
    Could we transform it into some commodity?
    Change 1000 blueshards into X amount of credits?

Just something, and I think it would make people to participate into shardfalls and perhaps increase activity in the whole game.

• edited December 2015
    Let us melt shards into charms and use those to build the foundation of shrines in the Underworld.

Solves three problems at once.

EDIT: Let us fish with shards as bait to generate better experience. Someone write this stuff down.

• Wysrias said:
    Let us melt shards into charms and use those to build the foundation of shrines in the Underworld.

Solves three problems at once.

EDIT: Let us fish with shards as bait to generate better experience. Someone write this stuff down.
    Melting shards is not a bad option, but it's easy to get charms. I know it takes some time to gather a lot of them, but yes, that could be one option

And about that experience gained through fishing. I have not done it, ever. Does it raise overall exp AND fishing exp or only fishing exp? 

I'm glad that even someone thinks that they have potential to be used somehow else than they are now used. Keep on going, please.
  • edited December 2015
    It was mostly tongue-in-cheek based on the other posts I've made above you. I meant combine shards with charms to consume both of them! Something something the power of the shard turns the charm into the equivalent of an obsidian commodity, except usable to 'connect your faith' with the underworld. Collect 50, spend a few minutes painstakingly arranging them into a pile, and you have a magickal death shrine.

More shard uses would be great, though one potential problem is that the existing research trees and shard abilities already cover so much ground. In terms of new abilities I can't really think of anything that would be simultaneously useful without breaking the balance boundaries already laid.

• I honestly want them to just delete all the shards in the game and reset all the shard research trees to zero so we can climb them again. 

This is probably a minority opinion, sadly.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Yes!  Do it.  Easy for admin, too.  
  • Yes, I want to do more with shards, not sure what yet. Was hoping that the shard consumption would be high enough to not create stockpiles after the researches are done, but alas.
  • shard falls have a couple of problems, which are paradoxically counterintuitive to each other. A. There are too many shards, meaning there's very little incentive to fight over contested shardfalls. B. There are not enough shardfalls. before you say wtf no to point B, allow me, for a second, to selfishly consider myself. My play time is pretty limited and is usually gated between "when my kids finally pass out" and "when I finally pass out", so on an average day I only have an opportunity to participate in one, MAYBE two shardfalls. Anyway. Solution. of sorts: Make shardfalls happen roughly every hour. Add a third type of shard. Gold, or Ethereal or Unicorn. Whatever. Have each shardfall have between 0 and 2 Unicorn shards. Have the Unicorn shard not power any player skills but instead be fed to the generator to power some org wide buffs for 3 hours. Have the harvesting time of the Unicorn shard be much longer than blue and red and interrupted by all the usual means, thus making area control necessary for collecting the Unicorn. The fact that the total number of Unicorn-hours made available at each shard fall slightly exceeds the rate at which they're made available insures that no org will go without as long as they can occasionally secure a shardfall, but forces everyone to participate. It so opens up additional strategic options for org collaboration (though hopefully not between circles). If Unicorn Power uptime becomes a problem, the Unicorn drop rate can always be adjusted
  • I have no idea why my commented ended up looking like a wall of text, rather than the nice formatting I tried to give it. Sorry.
  • Please no "meaningful" buffs.  People need to understand that they need to be willing to fight over a stick of chewing gum.  I kid, but sort of not.  I do think there should be actual, honest to god unicorn shards though.  Made of real unicorns.  
  • and yet they clearly aren't willing to do that, as evidenced by us needing to have this conversation
  • Need to trick them ;)
  • People won't fight over meaningful buffs either, they'll just get upset that the other side gets to get them.

I've been pondering some kind of towne-based conflict system. First, remove all the commodities and crap from the townes first, because basing needed commodities off of a player conflict system is awful. Just make them generated by the cities or something, the current system is p much useless anyways. Then remove the guards or reduce their effectiveness or give us some way to temporarily cancel them out. 

Then give each towne some kind of capture objective and a defensive buff that would scale based on how many townes you controlled. When you have 5 townes each of your townes get a defensive buff at 20% effectiveness. When you lose a towne, you get the buff at 25% effectiveness. 3 townes left, 33%. Then 50%. Then 100% on your last towne. When you capture townes past 5, the buff on your 'real' townes gets reduced by a similiar percentage and your captured territories actually grant a bonus to their original owners during an attempt to retake them.

The idea here is that as you take more objectives it gets harder to defend what you have and it gets harder to take more territory. Ideally it would allow a strong faction and a weak faction to reach a middle ground where they could get decent fights. Maybe when Magick is down two and AM is up two the buffs stack up so that we can't just brute force them down anymore, or they let them burst one of our artifacted people quickly, etc.