Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• This last...week? Or so. Not much time to buzz around Imperian. But lots of time with friends and family. Bonfires. Adventures. Live music. Trips to distant, awesome, and ancient comic book stores. Making things. Hallmark fake holidays made enjoyable with nachos and cheesecake. The sun emerging. Uncovering my garden beds from six inches of oak leaves. Getting past the buggy, irritating parts of Inquisition to the awesome story which almost makes me forgive their development team for everything wrong with the game. I think I'll be back to Impy today. Sorry for those I've been doing stuff with for my ultra distraction.
  • edited February 2015
    Credits sales! That said, any word on how long this one is lasting(please say forever). And if it isn't planned to extend through til after the beta ends and changes are implemented, I'd suggest pushing it open until a few weeks after that. That way, people have time to buy new lessons if they love/hate knight/druid/defiler/wytch changes. Would also give people a chance to re-trans smithing if they want to, or to buy more proficiencies since (hopefully) claymore won't be the only one worth having to 95% of people. Just some thoughts for ya, @Jeremy
  • If you're worried about it: Pre-game it.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Rasca said:

I heart being back. It's cool to come back and see a bunch of familiar faces. Imperian is the internet gaming equivalent of Cheers for me.

I hesitate to ask it but... who is Norm?
  • Menoch said:

Rasca said:

I heart being back. It's cool to come back and see a bunch of familiar faces. Imperian is the internet gaming equivalent of Cheers for me.

I hesitate to ask it but... who is Norm?
    Khizan.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • How silly self-harm messages can be: "You feint to yourself's head, but you is not fooled."
  • The Carnival bow and quiver set :O
  • That face Krysaliss just posted.
  • Was it one of confusion, cuz I'm confused (What face?) <.<
  • The guy with his mouth open shaking his head!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Who ever has been improving the ambient messages, you go, you.

Fibrous, thread-like milky clouds feather amongst the vault of the night sky as the stars beyond them gleam brilliantly.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Eating leftover cheesecake for breakfast and starting March break!!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Fensrun

(R): You, "What client?"
    (R): Fensrun, "I'm a crazy person and wrote my own. (I think there's a memory leak hiding somewhere that's causing that effect...)"
    (R): You, "O.o."
  • Samoas. I forgot the level of addition Girl Scout cookies can inspire. 

• It's true, they can inspire a LOT of addition.  And by they, I mean Thin Mints (also they're thin, so less addition, clearly).  
  • Imperian.

I've played off and on over the years but never really fully committed. Ironically, the character I made just to pass the time and didn't expect to commit to at all becomes a dedicated character and I've had a ton of fun.

As someone who has PK'd elsewhere and gotten bored after stints, it's nice being able to feel the "PK shakes" again and doubt my confidence at winning a fight. Why? It's motivation to get better. I've had people like Septus, Khizan, and elsewhere willing to answer any questions I might have. This may not sound like a big deal, but people in other games generally don't like talking about strategies to use or being helpful at all because they view others as threats, want to maintain the status quo, and generally the only times they want to talk about PK, it's to boast. Imperian has been fairly different and I'm appreciative of that fact.

The Newb clan in particular has been a blast and Anti-Magick is a good group of folks in general. I've always loved the theme of Ithaqua and it remains one of my favorite themed orgs across IRE in general. The Wardens are a good group too despite our small numbers at times. I'm having fun though and unlike the rest of IRE, I don't feel like I'm under some compulsion to log in everyday once I take on more responsibilities. That's huge. Some games, when you take on responsibility, expect you take on the game as a second job and it's just not fun after awhile.

Lastly, the game seems fairly balanced. Lusternia suffers from immense powercreep, Aet's balance is blegh (pre-restore is the devil), and Achaea has too many artifact outliers to really enjoy and the huge population typically evolves into giant spammy slugfests. Imperian has managed to find a nice balance I feel despite some of the outliers (which I won't go into here to avoid opening that can of worms). However, I think Garryn has done a good job at creating a pretty well-balanced PvP environment by comparison to elsewhere. Thanks for that.
  • edited March 2015
    Rahiel said:

Imperian.

I've played off and on over the years but never really fully committed. Ironically, the character I made just to pass the time and didn't expect to commit to at all becomes a dedicated character and I've had a ton of fun.

As someone who has PK'd elsewhere and gotten bored after stints, it's nice being able to feel the "PK shakes" again and doubt my confidence at winning a fight. Why? It's motivation to get better. I've had people like Septus, Khizan, and elsewhere willing to answer any questions I might have. This may not sound like a big deal, but people in other games generally don't like talking about strategies to use or being helpful at all because they view others as threats, want to maintain the status quo, and generally the only times they want to talk about PK, it's to boast. Imperian has been fairly different and I'm appreciative of that fact.

The Newb clan in particular has been a blast and Anti-Magick is a good group of folks in general. I've always loved the theme of Ithaqua and it remains one of my favorite themed orgs across IRE in general. The Wardens are a good group too despite our small numbers at times. I'm having fun though and unlike the rest of IRE, I don't feel like I'm under some compulsion to log in everyday once I take on more responsibilities. That's huge. Some games, when you take on responsibility, expect you take on the game as a second job and it's just not fun after awhile.

Lastly, the game seems fairly balanced. Lusternia suffers from immense powercreep, Aet's balance is blegh (pre-restore is the devil), and Achaea has too many artifact outliers to really enjoy and the huge population typically evolves into giant spammy slugfests. Imperian has managed to find a nice balance I feel despite some of the outliers (which I won't go into here to avoid opening that can of worms). However, I think Garryn has done a good job at creating a pretty well-balanced PvP environment by comparison to elsewhere. Thanks for that.

I feel the same way, and this is all stuff we're going to need to keep in mind if/when people from elsewhere in IRE come on over.  Some of them will embrace the awesomeness that is Imperian, but some of them are going to want to make things "just a little" more like the other games in all of the wrong ways.  I hope we don't let them.  Really, I hope we keep getting people who appreciate Imperian for what it is, because it *is* unique in IRE in all of the right ways.  
  • Out of curiousity, does anyone happen to have final prices for  the auction items? 
  • The last wares I did was:

Proprietor: Nobody.
    --------(Item)-------(Description)-------------------(Bid)---(Price)---(Time)-
            token158004: a Flying Artifact Pet Token      4060cr        -        0d
          scepter239263: a nacreous Scepter of Protect     801cr        -        1d
             belt233684: an eerily shimmering belt        3001cr        -        0d
             mask250832: a Phantom Mask                   2100cr        -        0d
             mist253055: a concealing mist                2351cr        -        2d

The anklet went for 750.

• edited March 2015
    Out of curiousity, does anyone happen to have final prices for  the auction items? 
    I -think- this is accurate but hopefully others can confirm:

--------(Item)-------(Description)-------------------(Bid)
    token158004: a Flying Artifact Pet Token      4060cr
    scepter227610: a jade Scepter of Repulsion       701cr
    scepter239263: a nacreous Scepter of Protect     801cr
    torc196585:t he Torc of the Dead               935cr
    diadem57381: a Phantasmic Diadem              1301cr
    belt233684: an eerily shimmering belt        3001cr
    anklet248102: an Anklet of Will                 750cr
    mask250832: a Phantom Mask                   2100cr
    lenses155945: a pair of foraging lenses         326cr
    whistle229185: a crystehl whistle               1200cr
    mist253055: a concealing mist                2351cr
    kitbag253073: Tomast's Kitbag               2000002gp
    collar22205: a Master's Collar of Taming   1300001gp
    chest92426: Chest of the Continuum        6500001gp
    glyph123170: a Sunburst Glyph              8500000gp
    token176369: a winged token                   2001cr

(Edit: I give up. I don't know how to make it prettily formatted, sorry! If anyone wants to tell me what the special forum tags are for making monospaced "sourcecode" like text, I can try to fix my post.)

Fixed your formatting - Eoghan
  • You guys had too many credits, is all. 
  • @Dicene I tried deep fried bacon at this strange new place, a few weeks ago.

It took baconing to a whoooole 'nother level.

HALP STUCK IN QUOTE BOX.

Also - On the subject of bacon. We discovered an all you can eat sushi (amazing) place that happened to have, along with more traditional rolls, a deep fried roll that consisted of bacon, cream cheese, and jalepeno.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2015
    Ultrix said:

Out of curiousity, does anyone happen to have final prices for  the auction items? 
    I -think- this is accurate but hopefully others can confirm:

--------(Item)-------(Description)-------------------(Bid)
    token158004: a Flying Artifact Pet Token      4060cr
    scepter227610: a jade Scepter of Repulsion       701cr
    scepter239263: a nacreous Scepter of Protect     801cr
    torc196585:t he Torc of the Dead               935cr
    diadem57381: a Phantasmic Diadem              1301cr
    belt233684: an eerily shimmering belt        3001cr
    anklet248102: an Anklet of Will                 750cr
    mask250832: a Phantom Mask                   2100cr
    lenses155945: a pair of foraging lenses         326cr
    whistle229185: a crystehl whistle               1200cr
    mist253055: a concealing mist                2351cr
    kitbag253073: Tomast's Kitbag               2000002gp
    collar22205: a Master's Collar of Taming   1300001gp
    chest92426: Chest of the Continuum        6500001gp
    glyph123170: a Sunburst Glyph              8500000gp
    token176369: a winged token                   2001cr

(Edit: I give up. I don't know how to make it prettily formatted, sorry! If anyone wants to tell me what the special forum tags are for making monospaced "sourcecode" like text, I can try to fix my post.)

Fixed your formatting - Eoghan

Hey @Jeremy, you drained 19,527 credits.

• If the auction had any influence on making these 16k credits so much more common, more love at ya, @Jeremy.
  • Intent: Take 50 bucks and stretch it 2 hours to get the comped lobster and crab buffet.

Result: 900+ dollars -and- lobster.

Also, my dweeb of a pitbull, Nita: