Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    Magick circle hurts the most from Diadem - Bard, Mage, RG. For Demonic, only dps Summoner loses out in a big way. Everything else is gated by balance (inc Assassin) or can be sidestepped (sry Wytches). I don't think AM needs to know what EQ is :P
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Ahkan said:

@garryn @eoghan

Ball park figure is that there are ~20 classlead reports yet to be completed. Are we waiting 100% on these so we can cram this in with the knight-beta?
    We'll likely start the beta before knights are fully ready, yeah. The release will need to happen for both parts at once, however.
  • Can we please have some consistency in the names for PATH FIND <AREA>?

For example, some places will require a preceding "the" (e.g., PATH FIND THE UNDERWORLD CELIDON) while others do not. It would be nice if the "the" was an optional argument.

• Ultrix said:

Can we please have some consistency in the names for PATH FIND <AREA>?

For example, some places will require a preceding "the" (e.g., PATH FIND THE UNDERWORLD CELIDON) while others do not. It would be nice if the "the" was an optional argument.

A while back we reworked how area names and pathfinding work to make them more flexible. Any cases where you find that path finding doesn't work with sane names, file a bug and we'll fix it up.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I would very much like custom wear/remove messages for all player made worn items. Optional like cooking messages. Yes, please.
  • :(  They have to be approved! You bad, bad man, you. :(

I had nothing to do with the Arakis candy.
  • I regret nothing!
  • edited February 2015
    I stole this idea from someone else, but it would be nice if we could get our quests numbered. it would make referencing and abandoning them significantly easier, and I know that it would be ripping off Achaea but we're better than Achaea so we should have what they do. :P
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    edited February 2015
    Arakis said:

I regret nothing!

Oh, I remember Cele eating the damned candy and someone getting so angry, they QQ'd and refused to talk to me for a few days. @Arakis and I still laugh about it to this day. (I definitely don't regret it.)
  • Krysaliss said:

I like songbirds. :( What's wrong with songbirds? There are -way- bigger issues in bard class than its pet, in any case, if they are mucking about with it.

All hail grandfathered Delivery songbirds.
  • You cannot manipulate more than 150 items of that kind at once. I will assume you mean that many.
    You get 150 eagle's feather from your pocketbelts.

You get 500 charcoal from your pocketbelt.

Why can you outb 50 trillion of most items but not of some???
  • @arakis Don't quote me on this, but isn't that something to do with what is actually inside each individual pocketbelt? For example, BL shows 500 maidenhair, but there is a group of 250 in one and 250 in the other.
  • I just thought of this because of a topic in the other game about wormholes.  Here, I've learned that any normal wormhole would end up destroyed.  What about having a few key wormholes that were indestructable (obviously not in/right next to cities, or really, anywhere too strategically advantageous)?  Would it still end up too griefy?  My thought is that it would allow for a travel network with the wormwarp artifact, but maybe that's just not viable here. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    This may or may not sound crazy, but would the administration consider selling item IDs. :3

109386  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe
    109513  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe
    180911  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe

I'd really like for them to read:

180909  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe
    180910  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe

Or something like that :s. You could auction of ID for gold. Please? :)
  • Iniar said:

This may or may not sound crazy, but would the administration consider selling item IDs. :3

109386  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe
    109513  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe

I'd really like for them to read:

180909  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe
    180910  an obsidian and gold pipe       endless_pipe

Or something like that :s. You could auction of ID for gold. Please? :)
    This is not something that we will be doing.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Dang.
  • No restrictions on tradein, buy pipe x3, pray, rinse repeat though.
  • Trade-in current pipes. Drop contents of your rift 1 by 1 until you see new numbers being generated. Separator drop 1000 more individually(just to be extra sure) with pipe purchases separator'd in at the end of the command. Problem solved.

(don't actually do this)
  • If I'm not mistaken, both Aetolia and Achaea have condensed all the elixlist/pipelist/decaylist/etc skills into a single skill that is basically at 0 lessons into perception/vision/whatever. I know that they're not very far into Perception, but they're really everyday skills and the people that don't already have them are novices who really shouldn't be tossing those 150-250 lessons into perception(or really anything besides survival or guildskills).
  • fashion 10 charger
    You are not able to make multiple items of that type at once.

It's called an assembly line and it's make quality of life better. Let's get on it.
  • The cooldown should only activate if you're in combat when you touch them, imo.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2015
    Is it me or is the tempo of "activities" so heavy right now that it's actually having a bit of a chilling effect on conflict?  I mean, so often there will be caravans and shardfalls at the same time, for example, or at the very least in such quick succession that there's probably a fatigue factor in addition to the main thing, which is that now, people can choose the one that's likely to be less risky and more profitable.

Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional odd hours shard fall, and on that sort of note, another thing I love about this player base is that nearly everyone seems to understand that a more level playing field between the circles means a better game, and that one circle having an absolutely entrenched advantage is a really bad thing (which seems to make us a real exception in IRE).  Maybe the current tempo is even intentional, as a sort of way to help the other circles flesh out their shard and caravan assets (although our circle is still doing its level best to get them ALL :P).  Not sure.  But the tempo and number of concurrent or nearly concurrent events definitely seems to be splitting people up.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Jules said:

nearly everyone seems to understand that a more level playing field between the circles means a better game
  • I know, I know!  But here, the concept at least exists, and is recognized as valid and real.  Sometimes?  
  • It would be nice if PERFORM RITUAL SACRIFICE only gave corpses like before and we could have a different syntax to specify gold. If you have gold in your inv it'll sacrifice it too and people could easily lose their gold that way by  not paying attention.

You place 1 gold on an altar of sanctity and chant a few words. The altar glows sloftly for a while
    and a blue fire envelops it briefly. As the fire consumes its sacrifice, you feel your faith rising.
    Your sacrifice has contributed 1 belief to the Sect of the Wild Hunt.

That's one gold you owe me Altar!
  • Arakis said:

It would be nice if PERFORM RITUAL SACRIFICE only gave corpses like before and we could have a different syntax to specify gold. If you have gold in your inv it'll sacrifice it too and people could easily lose their gold that way by  not paying attention.

You place 1 gold on an altar of sanctity and chant a few words. The altar glows sloftly for a while
    and a blue fire envelops it briefly. As the fire consumes its sacrifice, you feel your faith rising.
    Your sacrifice has contributed 1 belief to the Sect of the Wild Hunt.

That's one gold you owe me Altar!

Fixed per your in-game idea submission.
  • edited February 2015

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2956
    Date: 2/10/2015 at 18:29 
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Valentine's weekend

For those of you with little to no plans (Myself included), we will be hosting some games this weekend, from Friday till Sunday Evening.

There is no set schedule, just look for some fun from the majority of our Entity pool, we will also be offering different kind of prizes, from gold, to credits, to prizes you'll only see during this weekend.

Hope to see you there this weekend!
    I am glad to see that the game is having an event for the upcoming holiday, but in the future, it would be great if:  (1) we got more notice about upcoming events as telling us 3 days before the start doesn't give people much time to clear their schedules; and (2) events that give "rare items" lasted for longer than a weekend, since a lot of people miss out on things due to other commitments if the activities do not last for a real-life week or so.