Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Ahkan said:

Still a better promotion than apples.

You're too good for Arby's? You're nothing. Arby's is nothing. You're
    Arby's. And your Kings Hawaiian Fish Deluxe is a limited time offer.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Shut up. you had me at deluxe. *sniffles* You had me at deluxe.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Finally being relieved of a position I didn't want in the first place.
  • edited February 2015
    (Asking Garryn if we can have bleeding in GMCP, so you don't have to track it via prompt / 'You bleed' messages)

Message #15    Sent By: Garryn          Received On: 2/01/2015/9:48
    "Bleeding would be possible, sure, though I'm a bit reluctant there, as the information is not currently readily available right away (you only get the number on the next bleed tick). Will think about it."

You sent the following message to Garryn:
     ah, I was thinking to just convert what shows on the prompt, onto GMCP. Similar to the way Aetolia handles it, or if that's not feasible, perhaps adding a threshold to autocuring, where it'll clot so long as you're above X mana. Rather than waiting for 'clot balance'

Message #16    Sent By: Garryn          Received On: 2/01/2015/13:10
    "Oh, that's a good point, we have it in prompt already. Totally forgot about that. Sure, not a problem then, will add it."

:x Yay for minor QoL changes. Less stuff I have to track on the prompt.
  • Yay @Zemvai, welcome aboard! :)
  • I was woken up from a perfectly pleasant nap to a forced social encounter at a bar. (Always a bad deal)

...which turned out to be actually pretty awesome. I got a good (surprising, lately) whiskey sour at the bar, plus killer nachos. I re-met a chick I was best friends with in Kenai, Alaska when I was a tiny little kid. It turns out she has a ridiculous amount in common with me, is super cool, and now lives in the same area I do. Exchanged numbers and made plans.

Also, she's -really- cute. <.< 

...and! I recorded my mother singing with her new band and discovered that my phone has a pretty decent sound recording capacity. I'm going to post one of her videos. The guest harmonica player was ridiculously good.
  • On this day, the 4th of Fas, in the year 68, Theophilus has ascended to the position of 
    Imperator of Stavenn of Stavenn.

2015/02/04 17:47:55 - Ellarynth favoured Theophilus for: Congratulations on your recent 
    appointment to Nobility. It has been a great pleasure working with you during your time in
    the program.

Lord Theophilus Aevus, Imperator of Stavenn

Pretty nice. Never been past CR3 or even a minister/governor/cult leader or even a city aide, much less a city leader, since I started Imperian. I feel accomplished. Nobility might have been a cake walk in the past, but I promise I worked hard to get it even though many of you laugh at the idea of Stavennite nobility.

I heart @ellarynth for her patience and I heart many others for encouraging me along the way.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • So basically what you're saying is that Stavenn's nobility is so elite that you have to become  a city leader to get it?
  • Ahkan said:

So basically what you're saying is that Stavenn's nobility is so elite that you have to become  a city leader to get it?

I've been working on nobility for the past two months. You have to get a certain number of points in Combat, Leadership/Scholastic, and General.

So I donated 500 shards, wrote an essay on a former divine, wrote an essay on Stavennite history, reached top 100 PK... and the list goes on. I just so happened to complete nobility tasks a day before I became Imperator, and then my vote passed the day after I became Imperator.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited February 2015
    I've seen it when org ranks are super exclusive.  It, unsurprisingly, seems to encourage rank pulling.  It sounds like you guys at least have a set program (rather than, it happens when it happens, please the right people, etc...), but I feel like it's actually best when there are a few actual leaders (designated by position held rather than rank, pretty much), and rank is mostly pretty easy to get.  Hard for people to throw rank around when practically everyone is pretty high ranking (and that's good)!  
  • Stavenn has had the Servitor program in place for years whose purpose was to make the acquisition of rank a really straight forward process. Do stuff, generally stuff that interests you, track it, and get favours. Nobility isn't really quite the same as city rank advancement. It's more cultural than that, but if you are doing what it takes to become a noble, you are probably getting favoured, because it's a fair amount of effort.
  • (I was honestly just teasing Theophilius and making light of the woe is Stavenn/Demonic thread of over exaggeration)
  • :P Wasn't responding to you, Ahkan. 

Mostly just proud of the whole advancement thingie, since I had a big ol' hand in it, and I am in strong agreement with Jules on something. Advancement should be accessible and enjoyable. Not tedious and dependent on who you knelt in front of.

Also. I love that winter is starting to vanish around here and I can officially get excited about having a yard in which to garden in. Bought seeds and bulbs and everything.
  • I think I "like" this, but I also feel like I barely know you and we've had exactly one very mild, respectful disagreement... (especially compared to some of the others that came up on that topic). Anyway, yay for clear, straightforward paths for org advancement!
  • EllarynthEllarynth Nashville, TN
    I <3 Theophilus for giving me a reason to check the forums. 
  • I'll make it the best Corgintine's day ever, @Svorai!
  • A shame I was at work and couldn't jump in from the start nor stay to the very end of it. Fun times either way!
  • 3-4 hours -I think-. Hell of a fight. Good jobs, all.
    My record is, I think, a ~2hr fight with 140ish total kills(combined total of both sides) during the fight.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Message #62    Sent By: @Svorai          Received On: 2/06/2015/20:59
    "Congratulations on your new name, enjoy."

Lord Theophilus Aracelia, Imperator of Stavenn
    He is the Patriarch of the Aracelia bloodline.
    He is the presiding member of the Aracelia bloodline.

Theophilus - lover of God
    Aracelia - altar of heaven/the sky

• Message #62    Sent By: @Svorai          Received On: 2/06/2015/20:59
    "Congratulations on your new name, enjoy."

Lord Theophilus Aracelia, Imperator of Stavenn
    He is the Patriarch of the Aracelia bloodline.
    He is the presiding member of the Aracelia bloodline.

Theophilus - lover of God
    Aracelia - altar of heaven/the sky
    Too be fair, I cannot technically make the families, as it is code side, which I don't do. I am just really good at annoying people to do things. So yay!
  • Awesome customer service.

I forget my own name occasionally.