Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• I've been playing an iPad MOBA called Vain Glory. It's awesome. You should all play it and then add me. My name is ZenStyle!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I played Shadows of Mordor for about an hour yesterday. I need to play some more of that.

• I see anti-orc NPCs suddenly getting a lot more badass..
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    @Jeremy - Still have Shadows of Mordor on my wishlist.

@Verexa - DayZ is great for me because I just got on a whitelisted, passworded private server that is high RP. Like no KoS, bandits have an obligation to ensure their victims survival if they are in compliance, stuff like that.

Sometimes I get bored with the RP server because I'm RP'ing a Muscovite paramedic and no one wants to kill or rob the guy that can save you usually. These are the times I go to a public broken loot server and play around in a military base like the game is just survivalist CoD. I guess that's why I love it, have best of both worlds. Finding a good community is sorta rough but once you do it's amazing.

I also picked up Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Slashing stuff, and getting dismembered, it's awesome.
  • http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/why-i-dont-play-video-games-as-much-anymore/

I post this understanding that I've spent more on Imperian then I ever have, and likely ever will on all other -media- combined.
  • Skryim and Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  • C H R O N O T R I G G E R
    I had no idea it was ported to the DS and just ordered a copy on Amazon. Haven't played it since I was a little kid so super excited.

• NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL
  • Anyone playing Heroes of the Storm?

I got on the alpha in November, been having crazy fun with it so far.
  • I got in the alpha almost when it started, but I stopped playing after maybe a few weeks. Heroes of the Storm just feels too much like 'Babby's First MOBA' for my tastes.

My biggest problem is that I really miss last-hitting and the entire laning phase from LoL. It added an element of individual skill to the game that I really miss. The best part of the game was fencing with the opponent in the lane, balancing harassment and gank time with farming, bullying the lane. Getting good at those is the first part of actually getting good at the game. In comparison, HotS feels like it rewards sloppy play.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

edited January 2015
    Soooo, because a couple of people have been saying how awesome it is and because I found it for $20 I got Shadow of Mordor.

After the 40g dl completes I run it and set everything to ultra and I see my lowest is 72 fps in the in game benchmark, score.

I then spend my first 30 minutes of actual gameplay mindlessly wading through tides of orcs without even going for the artifacts or quests because I'm convinced there are limitless ways I can now slaughter dirty Uruks.

Thanks for this thread, this game is amazing.
  • Mkvenner said:
    Anyone playing Heroes of the Storm?

I got on the alpha in November, been having crazy fun with it so far.
    I'm in it and playing a decent bit. Feel free to add me: ZenStyle#1417.

I've been mostly maining Uther in ranked hero league.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • H1Z1, otherwise known as 'people are monsters simulator'

Bathan said:
    H1Z1, otherwise known as 'people are monsters simulator'
    Have you tried the pve only servers? I tried two and got sick of trolls building a row of shacks across bridges and the like...
  • I did try PvE servers but the people were super boring and never talked because they just wanted to play their zombie killing simulator alone.

PvP people in H1Z1 may be monsters, but they're hilarious monsters. They also make moving around very high pressure, which translates to fun for me.

• Primarily, Lord of the Rings Online. Because I'm a dweeb and there is nothing shinier than hanging out with Tom Bombadil. It's the only MMO that's held my attention at all, plus it's lovely. 

Nobody ever plays this game that I actually -know-. So. If you do, tell me. :D

I am a lame gamer otherwise. I used to have a huge console collection, but now I just end up replaying the Mass Effect series when I get a console itch. 
  • Played the board game SmallWorld tonight with Matt. Really liked it. If you are in to board games it is pretty cool with a couple unique features. A little complicated to learn at first, but fun.

• SmallWorld is fun. It's been on my 'to acquire' list for awhile now.
  • Yeah, I want to buy it at some point.

• Recently started playing League of Legends again for the first time in months.

I forgot how addictive it is. If you ever want to play, let me know.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • So I finally got DA Inquisition. For the 360, because I briefly played the PC version and it was terribly awkward and buggy and felt like a port. 

It's clearly a port, it plays much better on the console. But! It's giving me some serious Fable vibes and that annoys me. I am feeling as though each successive DA game gets a little less awesome. I hope Inquisition improves when I get deeper into it. 

I do dig that it really -feels- like an open world, though. 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I found it absolutely engrossing. The story line and characters are very well put together imo.
  • I didn't get more than like, 8 hours of playtime with it, but it was fun while I played it. I resisted the urge to play Rogue/Archer style like I do in just about everything I played, and went Two-Handed. Very enjoyable class.

I haven't played multiplayer on it, but I saw my brother play it some with his raid group from FFXIV and it seems pretty legit.
  • Darkest Dungeon.

Its a game from Kickstarter that I backed...last year sometime? Chris Bourassa (who did the new racial art for Imperian) is part of the company. Keep in mind, the art style is totally different. The game is amazing. It is in early access (for backers and be for the general public on Feb 3).  if you at all like roguelikes you owe it to yourself to look into this game. 

Really neat visual style, good music/narration.  Tons of atmosphere. Super polished for an early access game and I think it will only continue  to get better.  Super glad I backed the kicksarter.

edited February 2015
    Fallout 3 again. New rig means more ENB type glory. (If you aren't R9 290 or better, what are you really? #pcmasterrace)

To add to that little epilogue, I got FFVIII because back in like 2000 when I had it newish my second disk was scratched and I could never get past the cutscene where Galbadia Garden attacks and there are the little Galbadian army dudes flying through the air on their motorcycles. Because I have an R9 290 and instead of completing Shadow of Mordor the remaining 20% or so I'd rather enjoy some hardcore pixellation.
  • edited February 2015
    Was assuming you were talking about emulating it, because the old pc release looked like crap. Then I saw this:

Edit: Oh, and Triple Triad is gonna be in FFXIV after the next big patch. Pretty sure there's some mobile release accompanying it, not 100% sure though. =D

Edit 2: image
  • I'm terrible, and I got back into WoW. I play to try to restart my mind. If you play, you can look me up by battle.net LNPowers#1368
  • I don't really play anything other browser or computer games anymore. 
    my xbox 360 is still alive and kicking, and it usually has some Assassin's Creed game in it. 
  • edited February 2015
    Played so much Evolve over the past week. I play a solid Kraken and IMO a great Cabot. I'm constantly surprised by A.) how not terrible online players are, B.) how well the game actually seems to be balanced, and C.) how often you get to be Monster if you want. Seems like the vast majority of the teams I pair up with have Monster as one of their lowest priority picks. More fun(read: vortex with reduced cooldown) for me!