Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Sarrius said:
    Plenty of changes already do that. Your objection is born purely from the fact that Khizan is asking for it. Didn't one of you Khandavans ask for consequences to be attached to in game action? I feel like shardfalls, a system of zero consequence, should not be a way to escape bounties, which you accrue for acting like an asshat towards opposing political powers.
    Not everyone who disagrees with you or Khizan is Khandavan. I'm taking a break from actively trying to ruin the game to type this. Psure you owe me a diamond now, buddy.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited July 2014
    Bounty system works fine as is. Dying in shardfall results in a minor loss of experience (argued for by Sarrius and Khizan) during open pk in a shard fall (argued by Khizan and Sarrius) that gets placed on the k:d ratio counter (argued for by Khizan and Sarrius) thus clearing the org-based pk right called bounties (argued for Khizan and Sarrius). They're just upset that people are involved in shardfalls and bounties+shardfalls is an incredibly efficient system.  It's one of those be careful what you wish for scenarios that is working really well. To be honest, the onus to clear the bounty outside of a shardfall is on the bounty collector. Septus, Brishi, Iluv and I never had problems killing people inside cities for them.

Things which Sarrius has extensive experience in, as well as Khizan.

"which you accrue for acting like an asshat towards opposing political powers."

• edited July 2014

Sarrius said:
    Plenty of changes already do that. Your objection is born purely from the fact that Khizan is asking for it. Didn't one of you Khandavans ask for consequences to be attached to in game action? I feel like shardfalls, a system of zero consequence, should not be a way to escape bounties, which you accrue for acting like an asshat towards opposing political powers.
    My objection has more to do with the fact that changing bounties to not clear from shardfalls will just discourage people from leaving their cities or logging in until the bounties are fulfilled, or encourage alts to redeem the bounties to prevent players from redeeming them in actual combat. I think that the current situation is actually ideal, because it encourages players with bounties on their heads to participate in shardfalls - players who would otherwise not bother because they don't have a leader around, etc. since they have nothing to lose.

But no, we can keep using the "Khandavan bandwagon" line of logic to shut down discussion if you want.

What part of assaulting obelisks is 'acting like an asshat towards opposing political powers', by the way? If it's preferred that obelisks be treated as an actual assault against the city that can only be redeemed by being jumped while bashing, we can go back towards never having obelisk fights because very few people enjoy that situation.

• Sarrius said:
    Do you ever get tired of living your intense state of delusion? 

My objection is born out of the fact that the proposed idea does not serve the greatest good, the greater good, an acceptable good, or good period. It suits a small group of individuals whose sole interest in Imperian is the line of text that reads 'You have slain X'. Khizan has submitted a number of reasonable ideas lately that I've been entirely silent about because, and brace yourself for this, they're good ideas. This one just happened to be a decidedly bad idea. 

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited July 2014

@Wysrias‌

I don't expect anything to come of my request, honestly, though I think it would be a good idea. I just get irritated by losing an outpost to 10v4 attacks and then even losing out on those bounties because 70% of that crowd dies 30 minutes later in a shardfall they'd have been fighting in anyways, which completely nullifies any consequence from participating in the attack. And it's especially irritating when city-raiding bounties or the like get resolved during a shardfall, because it's a death they'd have died anyways and it doesn't feel like a punishment for transgressing against the city. You get to make your attack and then you get to avoid all the consequences of making that attack and I think that's a bit crap.

I don't think it's too much to ask that a person be able to be hunted once by a city for something that is blatantly an aggressive action against that city.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I would think wanting combat in a combat based game would be encouraged, not punished.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Khizan in a perfect world I'd still hunt down the transgressors, bounty or not. Guess what stops us:
    (1) reflex-issue
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

• Iniar said:
    @Khizan in a perfect world I'd still hunt down the transgressors, bounty or not. Guess what stops us: (1) reflex-issue

This is how it used to be, pre-bounty, and it resulted in somebody getting killed half a dozen times for one incident, when every single person involved in the defense went for a revenge kill of their own. Because of this, nobody wanted to get involved in anything. 

It's much better now. Jump in, get involved, eat a death later, no sweat.

I just wish that death wouldn't get rolled over into shardfalls, because the no-consequences PvP events are actively removing consequences from other things and I dislike that.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• My big question here is how much pk are you really missing out on here? And why is it suddenly a problem now?

With the way the bounty system works, you're really only missing out on 1 pk reason person since the obelisk reasons don't stack. Given most of the team compositions that's maybe 2 fighters of note and 8 button mashers. Chances are, these dudes will not leave their city unless it is an obelisk or a shardfall. If you're not willing to actually go in and get them, that's a pk reason that you likely would not have collected outside of a shardfall anyways. I understand the complaint, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around missing out on one pk per person per week. Especially when this is based on just incredibly bad timing between stupidly long obelisk fight filling the entire gap between two shard falls, which is an outlier in the whole system.

Earlier when Selthis and I were bitching about it, he came up with an idea that would throw in a 2hr cooldown on bounties in shardfalls, which could work. 
  • I just took Khizan's bounty in a shardfall.
  • And that was a "Murdering people inside of Kinsarmar" bounty, too!

I just think it's a bit crappy when you can get bounties like that resolved for "free", as it totally negates the purposes of having that bounty in the first place.

• Khizan said:

And that was a "Murdering people inside of Kinsarmar" bounty, too!

I just think it's a bit crappy when you can get bounties like that resolved for "free", as it totally negates the purposes of having that bounty in the first place.

I tend to only see you at obelisks/shardfalls/monoliths/raids. So when else would I have taken it. Especially so with Veils involved.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Khizan - bypass the bounty system, learn from Enron/WorldCom and cite bad accounting practices when the fighters double dip into the pool of never-ending issue-tadpoles.
  • My idea was basically just to make shardfall areas not let bounties be collected but keep them active.  Not really a cooldown per se, maybe just the equivalent of a killing blow check saying 'if  playerarea=shardfall area then no do nothing, otherwise collect bounty'.  I realize its probably not feasible but eh.  

Doing something that impacts another  city shouldn't necessarily be resolved by running into a  huge group of people and laughing  because you died once and sure showed those people you pissed off  doing another thing by removing the bounty.

• Selthis said:
    My idea was basically just to make shardfall areas not let bounties be collected but keep them active.  Not really a cooldown per se, maybe just the equivalent of a killing blow check saying 'if  playerarea=shardfall area then no do nothing, otherwise collect bounty'.  I realize its probably not feasible but eh.  

This is exactly what I want.

I'd think that something like this should be possible, since a similiar mechanic was put in place to prevent the Aryana Obelisk from allowing an instant respawn into a shardfall area.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2475
    Date: 11/1/2013 at 21:02
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Aryana obelisk

The obelisk of Aryana will no longer let you return into areas that you are unwelcome in (or enemied to),
    obelisk/outpost fights, or shardfalls. For the purpose of this, any area containing more than 5 unharvested shards is
    considered a shardfall. This should resolve the problems with players being able to return to fights faster than
    desired.

This same type of solution would be perfectly adequate, imo.

• Gonna do some #FWP requests here.

1. Auctions.  Please have them. I have basically nothing to spend my credits and/or gold on. I know they don't generate the most income but they are fire and forget credit and gold drains.  They don't even have to be full week, just do unannounced 3 day auctions of stuff to clear out stockpiles. This would be particularly good for gold auctions.

2.  I have custom wings.  Please give me a way to change the exits. Every time I've asked I've been rebuffed. I will pay for the ability to reset the exits.  when I set them up, I set them to Ithaquan townes. I'm no longer Ithaquan and the exits are dumb and bad. Just let me spend credits to correct this.  Shit, give me a syntax that lets me reset exits in my custom wing room and then associate them myself for the cost of 50 credits per exit or something. 

Just give me something to do with my bound credits.  Otherwise, I'm at the point where I'm just going to cancel my elite, because I'm way too invested in one character to make an alt at this point, so the value  of the 25 bucks a month goes  down significantly.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited July 2014
    293[61] 476[82] eb b 1 0 55.68

Elrith quickly summons a poisonous wisp and with a commanding gesture, sends it flying towards you.
    A poisonous wisp flies at you and stings you painfully. An odd burning sensation floods your veins.
    You are afflicted with wisp poison.
    Elrith druid-stabs you.
    -75 [15.6], 125
    Rocks battering.
    -28 [5.8], 39
    A numbness seizes you, and your left arm and left leg goes limp.
    You are afflicted with metrazol.
    Elrith swings his quarterstaff and an animated hawthorn root spins around and batters you, shredding 
    your skin mercilessly.
    -40 [8.3], 66
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    You are afflicted with sensitivity.
    A shiver passes over your body.
    You have lost the caloric salve defence.

149[31] 476[82] eb b 8 0 55.68 

Elrith Mjollnir says, "Silly thing is that its with NO arties.”

You say, “Dude I've been whining about druid damage since last year."

RIP Summoner. RIP.

• Things you realize about the beta.

Countless man hours are spent whining about demonic and how broken it is. People wake up early and work 12 hours days trying to exploit demonic. These same intrepid researchers just don't have the time to look inward and examine the trololol that is their own circle. 
  • Well excuse me for my language first. I hope I will able to tell you what really I mean... :D

I think I am playing Imperian about 4 years. I am not sure but the game has lost important amount of online players. May be I am wrong but I believe that we had more numbers in the past. (I have a bad memory,If we didn't please ignore this post) Imperian is growing with new skills, organizations, etc. However I don't think that we have enough players on the game. So I want to make some suggestions about that. I know it's not my bussines, however I believe it will be useful tips for the webpage of Imperian. Actually I can write here many things but I will keep this post short.

Web page of the game is one of the most important thing to bring new players. When I look to web page of Imperian, I can see there are some problems with search engine optimization and some keywords. Link building is also not good. So Imperian can't grove in search engines and we hardly have new players on the game. 

Well I have figured out these problems for a while ago. However I didn't want to poke my nose your bussines. Now I did. These are some problems which I have seen in the web page:
    • Every pages almost have same keywords and some pages have very spammy (More than 8) keywords.
    • You have chosen keywords which google used to ignore. Such as "free to play" And I don't think some keywords help search engine optimization of the webpage. You can use here: https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home for picking keywords for the webpage.You can figure out how people search online games like Imperian on Google.
    • There's no quality backlink of the webpage at the moment. It's not very important since you update to webpage everyday. However it's important if you want to bring new players. It will help you to get more traffic and it will help you to raise to pages of Imperian on search results. Since Imperian is a TM, there are many free sources to build quality backlinks. Of course it should be a reasonable amount. The best backlink is ordinary one.
    • If you try to use all words in keywords (free to play,action rpg,MMORPG,Imperian,epic,action-based,fantasy mmorpg,events,fast-paced,combat,mmo) and words in title (Imperian, Sundered Heavens | Awesome Online Action MMORPG, Free to Play!) in main page, it will help you to raise in search engines a little bit and you will get traffics from Google. 
    • Matt Cutts has told that  they have dropped more than 100 links per a page rule, however I believe it still impacts quality of the webpage.
    This is how I work for my web pages. I know the post looks like spam posts of SEO companies. :D 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:

Things you realize about the beta.

Countless man hours are spent whining about demonic and how broken it is. People wake up early and work 12 hours days trying to exploit demonic. These same intrepid researchers just don't have the time to look inward and examine the trololol that is their own circle. 
    It'll happen but when my circle got her new toy, we got shut down quick, yet stuff like 'sketch transfix ad infinitum' 'choke choke whee' took 18 months to address.
  • This thread is not intended for combat balance discussion. Please move those discussions to another thread.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Can tattoos stop being interrupted by literally everything? Couldn't we just have them stop if you use balance or eq?

I find it frustrating having to tell people "Turn off literally everything you have going, please. No autocuring, no pipe lightning, no nothing" when they get tattoos, and I really don't see a reason for it to be this way.

• IniarIniar Australia
    If combat balance discussion is not part of Improving Imperian, I honestly don't know what is.
  • This is the place for minor non-combat changes that don't affect combat balance; it is the place to say "Hey, does checking 'ringwho' really need to interrupt tattoo inking?"

• IniarIniar Australia
    Yeah I know I'm just a sour person.
  • edited July 2014
    If you have a combat balance related issue you'd like to discuss, do feel free to make a new topic regarding that. While combat balance absolutely counts as "Improving Imperian", it tends to be much more divisive in nature, and other ideas would get overshadowed by it if they shared the same thread.
  • Could Tattoo Tokens be given a straight up tradein value?

The entire "wipe a tattoo, buy a permanent tattoo, trade in the perm tattoo, re-ink the original tattoo" thing is such a pain in the ass. :(

• IniarIniar Australia
    I'd just like to say that changing over to these forums was a good move (text formatting aside). It has a nice clean UI, manages profiles well, navigates well, allows for a good amount of customisation and while it isn't perfect, it was a smart move @Jeremy + team.
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    We currently have VIALBELT TAP EMPTY <TOXIN/SALVE/ELIXIR>. It is a huge pain in the ass to re-tap everything once the vials decay. (Yes, I get arti-vials will solve that problem). 

Can we have VIALBELT TAP EMPTY ALL and it does everything? That would be amazing.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Celestine said:
    We currently have VIALBELT TAP EMPTY <TOXIN/SALVE/ELIXIR>. It is a huge pain in the ass to re-tap everything once the vials decay. (Yes, I get arti-vials will solve that problem). 

Can we have VIALBELT TAP EMPTY ALL and it does everything? That would be amazing.
    I have an alias that does this, but I suppose not everyone likes coding stuff in.