Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• This probably exists and I'm just a newb, but a way to see scheduled events relative to the current time would be nice. Like a command showing what is happening in how many hours/days from now.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    If only they did something with the TIMEZONE command
  • Something mentioned in another thread brought to mind the fact that, while I know we're improving the range of abilities usable in PVE, I'm not entirely sure which skills without referencing the news post each time. Could we perhaps get a help file that lists them or, in an ideal world, some kind of command (BASHSKILLS?) that lists your currently possessed abilities that can target mobs?

• You put 200 gold sovereigns in a pot in preparation for boiling.
    H:458 M:318 eb 93.05%
    You put 200 gold sovereigns in a pot in preparation for boiling.

Can we have something a little better than "Inpot gold to pot" x 50 for brewing?
  • edited April 2014
    It is possible to INPOT <#> GOLD TO <pot>. This will place # groups of 200 gold into the pot.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    [Info]: Time to vote Iniar! http://www.imperian.com/vote We need 13 votes to reach rank 6!
    vote
    (Voting
    606[118] 480[100] eb db 0 100 26.80 0 [0] T: Iniar [+:0] ciguatoxin hemotoxin
    ....Successful!)
    Our records now show that you have voted.

Gimme a cookie everytime I vote 25 times a month :(
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    New race:

Let me be a drow oh prz. @Aleutia already got to be a dryad :(
  • Don't we think this pic is a bit too masculine to be you though? :((says the blouse-wearer)
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ok, let me be this:

Or, this:

I just don't want to be this:

Or, this: 

Even this was ho-hum, yet we got 2 of 'em:

Finally, I definitely, most seriously, don't want to be this:

I r disappoint.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Kindly consider deleting guilds.
  • TOKEN WARES lists quicksilver Vialbelt as 5 tokens, but when purchasing, it asks for 10.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    @Jeremy @Jesse @Garryn @svorai @eoghan

Assassin system.
    Problem 1:
    It's blind to the victim. This is leading to an issue with certain people taking out spam contracts which lead to people dying numerous times. The result is a frivolous issue being filed against the assassin because the person taking the job out is a derp. 

Solution 1:
    Somehow, there needs to be an option for the victim to figure out who is taking hits. The easiest solution is removing the anonymity and making it exactly like the bounties system. If you wanted to, make a shard research tree called Underworld contacts and allow a message to be sent when an assassin contract is purchased and then then pay the lithe man 2500 gold to request the name of the assassin.

Problem 2.
    You can metagame your way out of an assassin contract. Death is meaningless so I can ask someone like Alesud to kill me for my bounty and split the gold. This is horse caca. I don't want my assassin job victim to be kindly led into death. I want them to be killed by someone they dislike.

Solution 2:
    You must have an opt-in system like the Champion system that makes you free pk all day every day. The benefit of this is free gold income and the ability to buy other people's pk reasons. Just like in Achaea, people will abuse it. There needs to be a cool down of 7 real life days or longer between buying in and buying out of the assassin system. It's a life style, not a switch to alt, become assassin, kill friend. Add in a level cost to this like must be level 85 to be an assassin to filter out low  rank seconds. Then have inactivity remove your assassin status. You may as well have people have to be active for 7 days to become an assassin.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited May 2014
    I don't see how solution #2 solves problem #2
    . you'll see people circumvent it just to protect their 'sensibilities'. "oh sweetie, before you go make sure you don't forget to log into AltB so he stays an Assassin so if someone puts out a hit on me, we can still bypass it. Love you! xoxo"
  • I like the assassin system keeping the contract purchaser anonymous, because it means I can hire contracts out on fellow citizens for provocations when killing them myself would be politically inconvenient.

I wouldn't mind the target finding out that a contract had been taken out on them, as long as the contract remains anonymous.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    As I understand it, to find out if you're wrongfully assassinated, you issue yourself. The corollary is that issuing the assassin should always be dismissed.
  • Iniar is exactly right. If someone is being spam assassinated, all it takes to bring it to Jeremy's attention is an issue. He'll investigate, and if it's a problem, he'll do something about it.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:

I like the assassin system keeping the contract purchaser anonymous, because it means I can hire contracts out on fellow citizens for provocations when killing them myself would be politically inconvenient.

I wouldn't mind the target finding out that a contract had been taken out on them, as long as the contract remains anonymous.

The only thing I can think of that would stop Khizan from off-ing someone is that his target is Aulani. Just sayin'
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited May 2014
    One shardfall:
    You: Alvetta at 375h 68% health, 89% mana."
    Alvetta takes the Raksha Band from a Prism Pouch.
    Alvetta twists her ring and fades from view.
    [Treant]: Alvetta left.

Between two ancient willows.
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. A blue shard is protruding 
    from the ground here, glowing faintly. Duchess Alvetta Mjollnir, The Vengeant Eye is here, 
    electricity coursing across her flesh. She wields a blunted jousting lance in her left hand and a 
    lunar shield in her right.
    You see exits leading northeast, south, southwest, and west.
    You have reached your destination.

Alvetta finishes unearthing a partially buried blue shard and picks it up with a satisfied nod.

Alvetta's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.

Alvetta takes a long drag off her pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    You order a bleeding treant named Sammie to attack Alvetta.
    A bleeding treant named Sammie obeys your command.
    You secure your previously wielded items and instantly draw a truesilver shield into your left hand, 
    with a wicked looking flail flowing into your right hand.
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.

Atop a gently sloping hillside.
    Filling the firmament is a lattice of heavy grey clouds. A blue shard is protruding from the ground here, glowing faintly. Zypher Mjollnir is here, camouflaged. He is holding a banded shield in his left hand.
    You see exits leading east and south.
    You have reached your destination.

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    You throw a shard against the ground and a crackling wall of Moradeim energy showly forms, blocking 
    passage to the south.
    Balance Taken: 4.20s

Alvetta entered from east.
    [Treant]: Alvetta entered.

You throw a shard against the ground and a crackling wall of Moradeim energy showly forms, blocking passage to the east.
    Balance Taken: 4.20s

Zypher stops unearthing a shard, his concentration ruined.
    Zypher plunges his tail into your body, pumping you with Wyvern venom.
    You are afflicted with poisoned blood.
    The wound burns as poison seeps into your blood.

Sammie slaps Alvetta.

You: Zypher at 401h 90% health, 89% mana."

Alvetta plunges her tail into your body, pumping you with Wyvern venom.
    Your mind is hurled into stupidity by wyvern poisons.
    You are afflicted with stupidity.
    Alvetta nods gravely at a forest basilisk and the idea of curing stupidity suddenly makes you feel uneasy.

(Ring) You say, "Killed Zypher."

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Alvetta.
    Alvetta picks up the corpse of Zypher.

You order a bleeding treant named Sammie to attack Alvetta.
    A bleeding treant named Sammie obeys your command.
    You secure your previously wielded items and instantly draw a truesilver shield into your left hand, with a wicked looking flail flowing into your right hand.
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    @garryn @eoghan @jeremy

Since mana drains were weirdly consolidated into one tick can we get two things:

1) A command similar to resists check called ManaCheck that will say something like

Warning    -5 mana
    Alertness  -3 mana
    distortion  -3 mana
    artifact ring +3 mana
    moon tattoo +.3 mana
    Total mana drain -5

2) Could we add the specific mana drains either the static value or the percent mana drains in the ab file?

AB PERCEPTION WARNING

Perception - Warning
    Syntax: WARNING (turns the defence on or off)
    At a constant drain of mana this skill will notify you when anyone senses for your location

This skill drains 11 mana every 10 seconds.
  • DEFENCES DRAINS
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Yah, I was wondering if we could get the + mana counts in it as well.
  • Those aren't really drains, but yes, I'm sure we could figure something out there.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Having any regens' listed numbers (such as the boar tattoo) would seem beneficial, if it is a possible thing to acquire in the future.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I think all regens, sip mods, etc, should probably be listed under resists or something really. 
  • Can the artifact fieldplate get a stat upgrade? It makes no sense why we would pay 900 credits to get a 75/75 armor when I can trans smithing at 300 credits and get fullplate with 85/85.

I think the quicksilver armor would be an easier buy if people with knight professions could use it. 

• edited June 2014

With fullplate being non-decay and 290 credits, the entire idea of artifact fieldplate is ludicrous.

The draw for the quicksilver armor with me is just not having to mass-forge for decent armor for all my professions every 2 months. It's so hard to get good scale and chain.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• So I tried to novice a player this evening and received this message:

They must reach level 5 before you are allowed to induct them into your guild.

Is there a reason for this restriction? Can this get removed? It seems counter intuitive.
  • I have removed this restriction. It will load up later today.