Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    @Iniar thanks for the lines.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2014
    No problem. I am selfishly motivated. The more people know more things, the less likely it'll get nerfed :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Eldreth's version of encouragement is wow'ing you with his one-handed warps followed by that awesome bleeding-ears truename, taking down evil anti-magickers one by one. I miss that. :D
    Do you mention truenames as a way to taunt me?
    :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    :D
  • VivianneVivianne Atlanta, GA
    Apoloc said:
    Maybe magick needs to sit around talking about pvp for hours on end and learning their opponents abilities and read the Art of War, or whatever it is good pvp'rs do these days.
    That's what we do!
  • Honestly, one of the better things about the demonic ring (and maybe pk in general) is that people really don't give a shit. Sure, it sucks to lose, but you forget about it about 3-5m. Khizan may snark at you. Ahkan may correct you. There just isn't a really long term bitch fest that you see in other rings or in past systems.

Almost half the time shardfalls/obelisks are determined by raw numbers. Then maybe 40% are two-three shotters. 5% are usually battles where good play comes into effect. 5% are just endless zerg bots of "We're 0-9. We got this." 

It's really sort of a dated mentality to treat this shit like the end all, be all, starcraft super strategy chess match where you must be an exacting leader and expect perfection. It's really more of a Sandlot type pickup game. God, this Ahkan kid sucks but he can do things. Put him in right field. "Ahkan, do damage." Yessir. It's a really sort of relaxed play style that lets a lot of people get involved meaningfully, without having to be pro-sauce or exploit-o-tron 5.

• edited February 2014

We don't have to put a ton of thought into it, but we have more years of experience at this than I really like to think about and we already know what to tell people to do.

To carry on the analogy, Demonic kids at least show up to the field with a bat(if only because we tell them what to bring), but the Magick kids are coming to the sandlot with a hockey stick and soccer ball.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Hockey players could murder baseball players so this analogy is terrible.  

• IniarIniar Australia
    Hugalaz.

As Shou moves to touch the shield tattoo, a rock suddenly materialises above your head and strikes him painfully.

Aulani moves her hands rapidly in front of Shou.
    Shou impatience.

Morgoth unleash @ Hecate, Mother of the Crones.
    A corroded and nasty-looking demonic sword appears in a puff of smoke and flies rapidly at Shou.
    Morgoth has slain Shou.
  • edited February 2014
    We lost the Outpost, but I HEART that first counterstrike as a thing of beauty!
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • I was hesitant at first, partly because my newb was pretty funny, but I think I'm glad to be playing Iriaen again.
    Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Bring badass home.
  • Iriaen said:
    I was hesitant at first, partly because my newb was pretty funny, but I think I'm glad to be playing Iriaen again.
    Once you get used to trans skills and artifacts, you cannot go back

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I like how the person with 3 alts agrees with you :|

• The alts could have trans skills and artifacts.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    You slam your head into yourself's face, catching you square in the chin.

• IniarIniar Australia
    I love headbutt
  • A savage silver-furred wolf named Niloufer has been approved.

Only took me a RL year to come up with a description...
  • If anyone wants some pulp fiction to read, I updated my clan's help file (clanhelp hawks) to provide a more streamlined account of the clan's history from when Iriaen was in Celidon.
    Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    @Ario

ABOUT TIME

now maybe I won't mind having you on my teamffa team :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
  • edited March 2014
    Got mentioned in an event post!
  • Sect RPz with @Svorai. Maybe I should actually clean up the logs to post sometime.