Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• I ran out of mass AFKing for giftbags and didn't realize it :(

Next artifact, stone rings!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Double Standard: a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another; especially :  a code of morals that applies more severe standards of sexual behavior to women than to men

This does not apply to a situation where you provoke a war with only one outcome. Don't be a fool. Pay attention in school.

Edit: Actually, a good example of a double standard is being rude to Shou for not doing his job and then splitting a guard clot in a terrible guard rush. Thanks, Shah!
  • I was neither rude to Shou nor did I have anything to do with guards tonight, besides beckon you all in to them repeatedly. 'Moving' them was somebody hiring them and not standing them guard (I have an alias for that exact activity, as luck would have it), but I was honestly not interested in moving off of the guard clot (you would have and did track to me somewhere random in the city).

I suppose it isn't a double standard then, that Demonic is the most vocal against corpserushing guards and abusing the poorly balanced security system, yet they continue to do it with no issue. I was using the wrong word - the word I am looking for hypocritical, perhaps.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    I was neither rude to Shou nor did I have anything to do with guards tonight, besides beckon you all in to them repeatedly. 'Moving' them was somebody hiring them and not standing them guard (I have an alias for that exact activity, as luck would have it), but I was honestly not interested in moving off of the guard clot (you would have and did track to me somewhere random in the city).

I suppose it isn't a double standard then, that Demonic is the most vocal against corpserushing guards and abusing the poorly balanced security system, yet they continue to do it with no issue. I was using the wrong word - the word I am looking for hypocritical, perhaps.
    I rise to the level of my opposition, this isn't the first time you've been involved in a war with me.
  • You're also using the wrong word when you use hypocritical. You can't use that word when you force someone into acting, which is precisely what you did.

You went off on Kinsarmar for nearly two weeks because they're the greenest fighters in the game.We told you this was a douche thing to do. We stepped in. You started dying. You balked and let Kinsarmar out of the fight, like you should have done on day 5. It should have ended here because it was clear both parties were ready to take it as far as it needed to go. It didn't. If you remember correctly, you're the one who attacked guards in Stavenn and Khandava first. Your behavior and flimsy adherence to any sort of coherent end game left Demonic with little or no recourse. We had to man up and go full on douchebag to prove a point. The only way you'd really pay attention to the situation was if we drained your coffers since it was pretty clear that your abysmal death record wasn't getting the point across. There's only one way to do that. If at any point you would have actually negotiated this could have been avoided. With the decisions you made, you only left Demonic with one path. You can't turn around and scream rat, hypocrite, griefer, troll, meanie-poo-poo-head. You could have opted out at any time.

This is largely a failure of the system. For years, the troll-bot guard crushing wars have been initiated by a minority behind the leadership of someone who is willfully ignorant of the cost of death. The new death system has just made it easier. There's no longer a two minute waiting period between corpse rushes. We're on the bench for maybe 30s before we're back up to our shenanigans. What once took 4-6 hours, we can now troll out in about 1. There's nothing remarkable about the parties involved. When it came to guard killing, there was no strategic genius on either side of the ball. Thanks to the system, we could all man up and kill the crap out of some guards before it really started to get boring. It was dumb. It was wasteful.

• I don't see why Sarrius is complaining at all. This is what he wanted.

After all, getting into a war with Demonic was part of his "master plan". You know. The plan to start a war with Kinsarmar to provoke Demonic into defending Kinsarmar, so that their terms for ending that war would force Kinsarmar to sit out of the war they wanted with Demonic.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• The response to straight up fighting is:

-Off hours shenanigans.
    -Exploit marks
    -Exploit guard AI, knowing the system is being replaced.

They're in it for the 'competition' (or lack thereof)

• (Ring): Eldreth says, "[Game] Mallia logged in."

(Ring): Iniar says, "I know Mallia."

(Ring): Iniar says, "Think I noosed her."

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited December 2013
    Khizan said:

I don't see why Sarrius is complaining at all. This is what he wanted.

After all, getting into a war with Demonic was part of his "master plan". You know. The plan to start a war with Kinsarmar to provoke Demonic into defending Kinsarmar, so that their terms for ending that war would force Kinsarmar to sit out of the war they wanted with Demonic.

I'm still confused where this came from. When Khandava stepped in, they stepped in for a few days and then mostly got bored. When Alvetta surrendered, I told her that the terms involved Kinsarmar not interfering when we went for vengeance.

venge•ance (ˈvɛn dʒəns) 

n.
    1. infliction of injury, harm, humiliation, or the like in return for an injury or other offense received; revenge.

In this case, the vengeance was for stepping in and prolonging things. This would have been done in half the time had you guys not stepped in. There was never a 'grand plan' for world domination here. As I recall, I even told all of you that I logged in after work with Kinsarmar basically dismantled and had to play 'catch up'. At what point does that infer to you that I was going for a proxy war with Demonic?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Haha, vengeance. You interfered in us abusing someone who couldn't defend themself. I'm going to litter on your lawn with the corpses of me and my friends. Hahaha, that's rich.  I really wish you were joking.

You also told everyone and their dog your master plan was to attack Khandava. Does your bike ever go forward?
  • I'm pretty sure, if memory serves, you did mention something about your masterstroke involving taking on Khandava, Mike. This sort of thing happens. You thought you had the numbers, Demonic had like eight people return from inactivity, now we have the numbers, et cetera. FWIW, it's still made the game more interesting and done a great job highlighting how death/raiding needs to be fixed. Handshakes all around, we're all paragons of virtue and can continue posturing in good faith!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • You don't remember anything. You're drunk.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Texas
    edited December 2013
    Alright, background on this... I'm approached by someone to join the Idras... someone I would not in a million years let into the Idras (that is a pretty small list by the way) ... anyways, here is how the conversation goes...

xxxxxx tells you, "Greetings, Feyn."

You tell xxxxxx, "How goes?"

xxxxxx tells you, "Well enough, I've recently returned from a long absence. Soul matters took precedence, so I was unable to maintain life in Aetherius. It's been almost a Century? Anyways, to the point. Alonzo, one of my old allies, has recently spoken with me about Ithaqua. If you notice in the logs, I have been recently unenemied to Ithaqua. My resolve, and commitment to prove myself worthy to remain an Anti-Magicker stands firm. I'd like the opportunity to be unenemied to the Idras, and to also join the Guild. As far as my fines, and or crimes go. I'm sure we can reach an agreement."

You tell xxxxx, "Alright, I've given this some thought and I will take you off enemy status. But I don't feel comfortable inducting you into the guild. I am resigning as Feyn and there is an election in the air. I'd like to consult with the council and the candidates to hear them out."

xxxxx tells you, "That's fine."

xxxxx tells you, "ROFL about me joining."

xxxxx tells you, "Sarrius told me f u."

xxxxx tells you, "Miss."

@Sarrius, I give you props on handling him a lot more cleanly, bluntly, honestly, and plainly than I did.
  • I will let @Menoch in.

I will let @Kryss in.

I will let most people in this game slip by and join the city, because in the end, I can take care of them by ousting them or setting them straight. The list of people that are not allowed in Antioch is incredibly small, almost microscopic, but the person in question is on that list.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013
    Ambrose said:
    You tell xxxxx, "...I am resigning as Feyn"

:-/ :(
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Ambrose said:

Please say it isn't so.
  • God, @Ambrose, learn to use spoiler tags.

• Poor Dias. Ousted from Antioch for being Dias (griefbot) and his vocal monologue to contest for Shah. And yet, there's Menoch and Kryss. Suspicious.
  • Also at this point, it's really hard to tell Dias/Fahrer/Shukron/newguy/Azyel apart.

Can we add Dassius to this list too?
  • Sarrius said:
    Iniar said:
    Ambrose said:

Please say it isn't so.
    All that time he spent copying the Tzolkin advancement system making an advancement system wore him out! He needs a break!

• 2013/12/30 22:57:37 - Zile has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 22:57:46 - Miren has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 22:57:47 - Dyun has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 22:57:49 - Khizan has been slain by Kryss.
    2013/12/30 22:57:55 - Zorbin has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 22:58:07 - Nemu has been slain by Iniar.
    Type MORE to continue reading. (73% shown)
    H:550/550 M:580/580 B:0 <eb> <db> more
    2013/12/30 22:58:18 - Kryss has been slain by Ahkan.
    2013/12/30 22:58:44 - Kaline has been slain by a rotting direwolf.
    2013/12/30 23:02:50 - Nemu has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 23:02:52 - Dyun has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:02:58 - Khizan has been slain by Zorbin.
    2013/12/30 23:03:04 - Zile has been slain by Ahkan.
    2013/12/30 23:03:07 - Zorbin has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 23:03:12 - Miren has been slain by Aydamis.
    2013/12/30 23:03:14 - Eldreth has been slain by Septus.
    2013/12/30 23:03:31 - Celestine has been slain by Aydamis.
    2013/12/30 23:04:13 - Kryss has been slain by Ahkan.
    2013/12/30 23:04:24 - Septus has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 23:09:06 - Nemu has been slain by Aydamis.
    2013/12/30 23:09:11 - Dyun has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 23:09:18 - Zorbin has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:09:19 - Kaline has been slain by a disgruntled enchanted zombie.
    2013/12/30 23:09:21 - Zile has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:09:31 - Miren has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:09:34 - Celestine has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 23:13:09 - Zorbin has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:13:13 - Zile has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:13:19 - Dyun has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 23:13:25 - Nemu has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 23:13:31 - Celestine has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 23:13:44 - Kryss has been slain by Caelya.
    Type MORE to continue reading. (86% shown)
    H:550/550 M:577/580 B:0 <eb> <db> more
    2013/12/30 23:13:56 - Miren has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:13:56 - Septus has been slain by Caelya.
    2013/12/30 23:39:23 - Celestine has been slain by an elite Diavlous Knight.
    2013/12/30 23:39:31 - Dyun has been slain by an elite Diavlous Knight.
    2013/12/30 23:39:33 - Nemu has been slain by an elite Diavlous Knight.
    2013/12/30 23:40:21 - Ambrose has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:46:23 - Iniar has been slain by Kryss.
    2013/12/30 23:46:29 - Nemu has been slain by Azefel.
    2013/12/30 23:46:34 - Dyun has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 23:46:45 - Miren has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:46:56 - Azefel has been slain by Septus.
    2013/12/30 23:47:01 - Ambrose has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:47:17 - Celestine has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 23:48:51 - Dyun has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:49:14 - Miren has been slain by Aydamis.
    2013/12/30 23:49:24 - Nemu has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:49:28 - Septus has been slain by Aydamis.
    2013/12/30 23:49:30 - Celestine has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:49:37 - Ambrose has been slain by Khizan.
    2013/12/30 23:55:27 - Dyun has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:55:38 - Nemu has been slain by Eldreth.
    2013/12/30 23:56:09 - Ambrose has been slain by Iniar.
    2013/12/30 23:56:24 - Septus has been slain by Aydamis.

I'll give you three guesses which side came out of it.

• They were with Kryss, safely in their cities after the fight started.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    [01/01/2014 - 06:37:34.816]: With a rapid movement of your hands, you inject a small bolt of energy into the aura around Menoch.
    [01/01/2014 - 06:37:34.819]: Air moves chaotically around Menoch, his patience visibly wearing thin.
    [01/01/2014 - 06:37:34.821]: Your faith increases as Menoch falls by your hand.
    [01/01/2014 - 06:37:34.830]: You have slain Menoch.
    [01/01/2014 - 06:37:34.833]: You gasp with the realization that Tylikk has reached the overall level of Innocuous.
    [01/01/2014 - 06:37:34.836]: The aura around Menoch is now tainted to 20%.
    The following is a list of experience level names, from weakest to strongest:

[1 - 10]
       1.  Newborn
       2.  Bold
       3.  Bright
       4.  Trustworthy
       5.  Imperian
       6.  Novice
       7.  Innocuous

Scaling new lows everyday, Iniar. Bringing sub-10s to monoliths + shardfalls.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    MENOCH LOGGED ON, ALL ABOARD THE ISADARR BASHING TRAIN SIZED DEMONIC PK TRAIN, WE HAVE BADS TO FARM!