Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Lionas said:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • edited December 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Yes, you killed Whistlerock guards - after stooping to the lows of rushing them through graveyard zerg. doing what we did, just more efficiently.(I.E. More meat shields)

^ You see this. This is what people tried to tell you four, five, six, seven days ago. Funny how it's wrong when it's used against you.

The rest of your post is filled with bad logic, poor assumptions, limp posturing and tin foil hat theories and isn't worth discussing.

As Aleutia pointed out. "Cry about personal attacks. Personally attack Alvetta." Whoops!

No, I pointed out that Alvetta is itching to betray an agreement she didn't want in the first place. She made that clear to me when I was watching her tells, so it surely isn't a tinfoil hat theory (oh, also Juran may have mentioned it). Calling her an idiot for that would be a personal attack. Let's not get in to that, though.

I implied you stooped to lows graveyard zerging because that is what you called it. You claimed it was dumb. You cited acts like that being why you got involved. For you to turn around and do it yourselves is the height of hypocrisy, and it also ruins your future credibility when you once again begin claiming it was a contemptible action.

Did you do it better than us? Yeah, sure, probably. However, why would I congratulate you for compromising your own belief that it's a stupid thing to do? You should be busy wondering why you did it. Was it to prove a point? If so, it didn't work.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I don't like either of you anymore
  • Sarrius said:
    Do you ever stop with the personal attacks? Honestly? I'm fine with you refuting the points in question, but doing so at the expense of insulting my grasp of language? Poor play.

I'm not backing away - I'm placing a significant wedge of time between Kinsarmar's surrender and you throwing a fit that isn't entirely motivated by In Character reasons, so that when you pull off the gloves and 'get off the bench' and start 'griefing' us the way you decried us for doing last week, I have all the justification in the world to do it right back. You will have started it, citing a war you weren't even supposed to get involved in (once again, that wasn't entirely backed up by established roleplay.. unless we still consider the Lyria treaty established Khandava roleplay?) as the reason you started reducing yourselves to our contemptible level.

I did not 'retcon' my plan - I saw a chance to engage Khandava directly instead of through a proxy, since you wanted that fight. You made it obvious you wanted that, the moment you stepped in to something you had no business involving yourself in whatsoever. I took advantage of this and said to Alvetta, 'You know what, you aren't allowed to help Demonic when we go to war with them for sticking their nose in to our business'. I know she's itching to break it, but she's ultimately a coward who will keep to it and she knows the consequence.

Yes, you killed Whistlerock guards - after stooping to the lows of rushing them through graveyard zerg. You don't have a moral high ground here. You are just trying to be pompous, and it isn't working.
    While Ahkan is absolutely resorting to personal attacks, I think you were the one that dropped the line 'why don't you sit down and shut up', which, while probably not a personal attack in the strictest letter of the law, is obviously very antagonistic.

That said, I do appreciate what you, Kryss, Menoch and Septus did, if only because it generated activity in the game and on the forums. I'd still sort of temper the horrifying amount of smug you're generating though. You guys spent hours sieging a place that had like, eight active people? I was in the ring and listened to them, and they were never, ever interested. It's no surprise they folded. They just want to log in, PvE, I don't know, whatever it is they do. You broke a populace that never had any interest in fighting in the first place. You conquered Hobbiton, and bam, there's the Lord of the Rings reference.

The actual fighters interested in holding you off would've been down to continue going for some time to come. It probably doesn't matter because a lot of demonick wants a fight, and some of your nearest and dearest won't stay active without a fight because that's what they do, so this'll probably keep going. I'd just tone down the snark. You give Ahkan crap for it, but you're at least three times as bad.

Again. Generating conflict, good. Getting all antsy about it on the forums where, let's face it, we've all known each other for like a decade, not good.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Ahkan @Sarrius you two could have a best-of-five duel in Caanae tbh. The wager? 100 diamonds. I'll bring peeps, someone will bring cookies/popcorn and Kanthari will bring the glitter.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Haha, freaking out about exams. That's cute. 

I've seen this as exam time with freshman/seniors and undergrads/grads. They're both accurate.

Man, you know that ice storm that ruined the lives of Texans everywhere? They cancelled school for two days during exam week. Some people had 3-4 exams on Friday and had to reschedule some of them for Sat/Sun. There was an email from the president of the University that said "pretend your syllabus doesn't exist." Profs went as far as to say "You don't even have to take a final. It's been a pretty crazy week considering Friday was graduation.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    The lonely cry of a circling hawk fills you with unexplained remorse.
    So true.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • harvest shard
    You cannot do that while your left arm is a branch.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Mathiaus concentrates briefly on a sketch of a Hunter.
    A sketch of a Hunter rumbles ominously and splashes flame across your body, leaving your skin reddened and blistered.
    H -63f [11.0%] [94]
    Mathiaus used rubait on you.
    H -42 [7.3%] [40]
    Mathiaus used shaite on you.
    H -64 [11.1%] [61]

169 damage with 0 prep. Thanks, classleads!

*(did more damage than the level 3 collar, level 3, intelligent mage spamming flame combos)

• I'd hate to see your reaction to one of my 280 damage DSLs!

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • That's asking a lot!

• Ahkan said:
    Mathiaus concentrates briefly on a sketch of a Hunter.
    A sketch of a Hunter rumbles ominously and splashes flame across your body, leaving your skin reddened and blistered.
    H -63f [11.0%] [94]
    Mathiaus used rubait on you.
    H -42 [7.3%] [40]
    Mathiaus used shaite on you.
    H -64 [11.1%] [61]

169 damage with 0 prep. Thanks, classleads!

*(did more damage than the level 3 collar, level 3, intelligent mage spamming flame combos)

When I asked for Resonance to not be stupid, I didn't expect the kind of system Garryn gave us. :(

That is a LOT of frontloaded burst, holy shit.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    That was downgraded from the 250-300 burst I was doing before Iluv and I urged Garryn to resolve it. I have a level 2 collar as well.

Here is a more detailed list of it:

Attack - Resonance(Total) - Balance - Damage

Yoth/shaite - 0 - 3.6eq - 40
    Ta chi Fireblast/rubait/shaite - 6 - 3eq - 142
    Ta chi rubait/shaite - 12 - 3eq - 92
    Ta chi fireblast/rubait/shaite - 18 - 3eq - 142
    Yoth/shaite - 14 - 3.6eq - 40
    Ta chi Fireblast/rubait/shaite - 20 - 3eq - 142
    Ta chi rubait/shaite - 26 - 3eq - 92

This is me reaching me damage ceiling. As far as I can tell, that's 690 dmg (to me) over 22.2 seconds, being ~ 31.08 dps.

Is it high? Yeah, I can admit that. Is it high for teams? Sure, but so is having a ton of people hitting one person all at once especially with the other types of damage I've seen other people do.

There are other ways people do unprepped damage burst that's high, but bard is everyone's favorite to pick on.

As well, this is from one bard. Resonance stacks, so more than one would hit that ceiling damn quick.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Is it high? Yeah, I can admit that. Is it high for teams? Sure, but so is having a ton of people hitting one person all at once especially with the other types of damage I've seen other people do.
    I'm going to quote this and you are going to read it, maybe two or three times, until you realize how little sense that makes from a balance perspective.

"Sure, this one ability hurts.. but you know what hurts about as much? A bunch of other dudes using a bunch of other abilities all at once."
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    There are far higher bursts in this game than what a bard can do.
  • Mathiaus said:
    With setup, maybe. Even Mages and Summoners do less without setup. Disembowels do less without setup. Please name one ability that does more damage than that, frontloaded, basically no setup involved.
  • Sarrius said:
    Mathiaus said:
    With setup, maybe. Even Mages and Summoners do less without setup. Disembowels do less without setup. Please name one ability that does more damage than that, frontloaded, basically no setup involved.
    Claymore DSLs with flare or soulquench