Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• If there was an information leak, it was because you were such an enormous douchebag that they derived more enjoyment out of stabbing you in the back than winning shardfalls.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited December 2013
    If I ever buy an artifact pet, I know now the description.

E: You forgot to mark Kabal and Khizan's off topic and quoteless posts off topic Aleutia, but I forgive you the bias.
  • Before anybody says "OMG  YOU HAVE A PARALYSIS BOMB", I don't use it in fights because

• That would be a really dick thing to do with a really cool awesome thing I got given
    • It doesn't reset so there's a very good chance I'd lose my bees. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Because we were talking about @Gop earlier today.

-

Gop leans towards Lalaith and whispers loudly, "You can feed a woman, you can
    eat a woman. You can talk to one, and you could even listen, if you're into
    that. But you can't understand them. You're not allowed, you're not able, and
    let's be honest here - it's not really necessary."

Kanthari blinks slowly, staring at Gop in silence.

Gop the Glutton says, "The same applies to Kinsarmarian men, magickers, most
    politicians and cats."

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    Aleutia said:
    None of these things are Quotes. You're all pissing off Rudolph

Proof:

When I saw @Aleutia's post about Rudolph, I figured it would be some adorable reindeer or something cause she usually posts stuff like that. I scrolled down and laughed so hard. Awesome picture.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:
    @Menoch At you specifically, I know that your behavior in game is incredibly off putting. Your post-shardfall rages were the stuff of legend, especially when you blamed the loss on Khandavan spies telling AM what we were doing. Since you left, we've seen a lot of participation from non-combatants who have clearly stated that you were the reason they avoided team pk during your tenure in Stavenn. It's also likely that Juran just didn't like teaming with you, much like I did not, because one scary noise in the woods and you and Kryss were 48 rooms closer to Stavenn as the shadow of a velociraptor carrying 18 people loomed before us. Food for thought.
    Mkay, I just have to say, I did have a lot of fun with @Menoch while he was summoner. He'd take on some stupid odds (3v6, 3v7) pre-death change (and we won a fair number of times), but at the end of the day, this let me be involved (aka Iniar's zergling/spamCC style) aka more interaction for me aka more fun for me aka more money for @Jeremy.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Oh yeah, I know some people enjoyed him being around. I tried to remain 'vague' about who didn't participate and just call them 'non combatants.' It was enough that it was actually an issue. :(

*It also wasn't just khandavans.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:
    Oh yeah, I know some people enjoyed him being around. I tried to remain 'vague' about who didn't participate and just call them 'non combatants.' It was enough that it was actually an issue. :(

*It also wasn't just khandavans.
    I did write a (rage) post in Stavenn news about it. 

STAVENN NEWS #3347
    Date: 9/10/2013 at 8:06
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Crossroads

Stavenn,
    I tend not to speak publicly, so hear what I say.
    I know most of us pride ourselves in our Nobility, our Arts and our Standards. These are things worthy of aspiration and, if possible, attainment. For this we push ourselves to cultivate intelligence, to enrich culture and to accumulate wealth.
    But above these these values stands character - the sum of which a man expresses his force and courage, of faith and honor. Let us never mistake that a quick wit, a fine intellect, or political savvy can make up for the things that are the bedrock of character:- discipline, self-control, individual responsibility and above all others, courage and persistence. Without these, 'no people can control itself, or save itself from being controlled from the outside'.
    Stavenn,
    Understand this. We are at an ebb in our strength. And this strength is non-negotiable. 'The good citizen in a republic must first of all be able to hold his own. He is no good citizen unless he has the ability which will make him work hard and which at need will make him fight hard.' it is written, and, should our great Empire be put to the test, we must not be found wanting. It is one thing to preach a message from high ground, but never from a position of weakness.
    I hereby charge our ruling Ephorate with the task of building up our armed strength as the first order of business, to headhunt strong combatants, and with specificity train up our armed forces.
    I also hereby charge our ruling Ephorate with the immediate defence of the Empire, that should harm befall our city, your blood too shall be shed on the streets in her defence.
    I also hereby charge the ruling Ephorate to decree that no true Stavennite should declare themselves non-combatants. That is a title suitable for a Proletarian.
    I also hereby charge each and every Stavennite, if you believe yourself to truly be so, that you aid your ruling Ephorate without question and in maximal capacity.

Iniar Nullheart,
    pro victoria, sanguinis

Penned by my hand on the 13th of Halitus, in the year 27 AM.
    My contention is that non-combatants really are non-combatants simply because they can't figure out how to code or they die within the first 3 seconds of team combat. This is why the new death change is good, it lets squishies get back in the fight, not have to wait to form up just to be bursted down again in sub-3 seconds, and keeps the team fights going for longer than 1-2 rounds of burst/balances. Unfortunately, tanky/skillful people gain a lot more from this than poor redshirts. Also, if anyone needs help coding Lua, feel free to hit me/PM me anytime, I'll do my best to fix your problem.
  • edited December 2013
    The following beings are in your entourage:
    an immense cyanine icewyrm#115473, a ferruginous hawk#32732, a ferruginous
    hawk#83428, a ferruginous hawk#183396, a small gray squirrel#202263, a small
    gray squirrel#204901, a small gray squirrel#207236, a small gray
    squirrel#209606, a small gray squirrel#210501, a massive brown moose#212400, a
    massive brown moose#216456, a massive brown moose#222888, a massive brown
    moose#223020, a massive brown moose#224821, a massive brown moose#226521, a
    massive brown moose#227289, a ferruginous hawk#228960, a ferruginous
    hawk#229149, a ferruginous hawk#229255, a ferruginous hawk#229762, a
    ferruginous hawk#231044, a ferruginous hawk#231067, a ferruginous hawk#232284,
    a cunning coyote#17454, a lithe ferret#40491, a red-tailed hawk#78773, a
    pronghorn antelope#79464, a small sparrow#92985, a swift cheetah#96501.

Outrider, extreme edition.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013
    http://www.imperian.com/game/helpview/imperian/concept

"Although there could be said to be an ultimate goal, that of Ascension (becoming a God), only a fleetingly small percentage of players will ever achieve that."

"You may seek, for instance, to become an Archmortal or an Elder of Imperian, positions of power and honour, respectively."

"Maybe you will decide to become a merchant, opening a chain of shops and importing goods to sell from faraway lands. Or, you may simply desire to gain a reputation as a fabled healer, and spend your days perfecting your knowledge of the healing crafts of Imperian."

:s I feel like I'm playing a different game. 

E: Also extremely jealous of Lusternia's History page.
  • Lusternia's history is only interesting until it tries to ICly handwave the existence of city and commune channels. Oh, the Vernal Wars history implying that your mortal character is a puppet of a force just beyond their perception was kind of a lame and too-meta twist.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • H:550/550 M:580/580 B:0 <eb> <db>
    Sarrius has offered the meager essence of Ryax to the storm.
    Sarrius has been killed by Ryax.
    H:550/550 M:577/580 B:0 <eb> <db>

Ryax is on a roll, tonight.

• edited December 2013
    A buffer of wind hits a masked man, knocking him to the ground.
    You quickly fling a card with the image of the Hanged Man at a masked man.
    As the Hanged Man card reaches a masked man, a huge mass of rope bursts out of it, entrapping and hindering him.
    Balance Taken: 3.20s
    H:550/550 M:567/580 B:0 <e-> <db>
    The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission,
    herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous staggers as he exclaims, "Have a present, Khizan. Now where's my ale cup gone to?"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!
    Septus, Aspect of Moradeim leaves to the southeast, a feeling of confusion leaving with him.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Septus is nearby.
    A crackling wall of Moradeim energy suddenly appears over the southeast exit.
    An elite elegantly dressed Noctusari tosses a tarot card at a masked man and as it reaches him, a huge mass of rope
    bursts out of it, entrapping and hindering him.
    <...>
    A masked man screams in agony as an elite Diavlous Knight touches him with a withered finger.
    An elite Diavlous Knight stabs a blackened sword into a masked man, simultaneously slashing him with the other.
    An elite Diavlous Knight has slain a masked man.

Best present ever.

EDIT: It was a fishing lure, too, so 66cr.

• IniarIniar Australia
    You hear a blunderbuss being fired somewhere further down Catclaw Creek.
    <3
  • Back story: Sirinaes is talking about how 'testing' should be taken to the arena, and not done at the Shuk. Arguing goes to 'ct'. Brishi puts the kabosh on it.

20:01 From Merelii: TELL BRISHI I DISAPPROVE OF YOUR DISAPPROVAL OF KRYSS' DISAPRROVAL OF SIRINAES DISAPPROVAL OF PEOPLE FIGHTING AT THE SHUK.

Made me giggle.
  • AM does something.
    Someone asks AM to stop doing something.
    NO. I WANT THAT NOW.
    Argument,
    Clever remarks.
    Butthurt.

I think I've read this some where.

• Testing things at the Shuk? Perfectly safe.

Septus doubles over, vomiting violently.
    Septus retches violently and makes a strangled noise before falling to the
    ground, dead.

Mostly.

• 2/10.

Azefel's murder of Eldreth was better. I really enjoyed the betrayal story line. What is this? Walmart version rip off? >:| 
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    please, I started the whole test-and-kill-Septus-(and most of AM) thing.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Iniar Nullheart, Inquisitor
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are essentially naked, and utterly satiated.
    You are sober and in full control of your faculties.
    You are a formal enemy of: Celidon, Dakker, Kinsarmar, Kipos, Pabin'aquinumi, Sintcega, Ssyra, System, Tayar, Tirhin, Trabine, Velin.
    I must find this place.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Enemies of the Clan of Faz's System:
    Ageranu, Alonzo, Aten, Bathan, Fazlee, Iniar, Khizan, Septus.
    Total: 8.
  • What did I do? :(

• IniarIniar Australia
    I should make a clan and call it the Anti-System for shiggles.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Khizan departs, summoned by the might of Septus.
    Khizan has been slain by misadventure.
    22:21 Ahkan: You scrub.
    22:22 Ahkan: You are so bad.