Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• YUP.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Soulquench has set up. Neener Neener.
  • Yah, it's pre-requisite is engage. :<
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Pff, my converge has longer eq. You people are so spoiled.
  • Chose the wrong trick pony, imo.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Time are tough. We're in a depression.

2. Septus 1047

Also, not a rare commodity.
  • I feel so loved.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013

Iluv whispers briefly to a giant bone-armoured vampire bat named Bartok.

(Ring): Iluv says, "[BATS]: Bat-Mobile: Tracking to juran."

You follow Iluv to the ether.
    Stavenn Road.
    The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. This has been marked as holy ground. A wheeled cannon
    rests here. Some rose petals lie here in a small pile. The undead form of Juran Acerbus is here. He
    wields a Sukhder claymore in his hands.
    You see exits leading east, southeast, and northwest.

Juran, Aspect of Moradeim leaves to the northwest, a feeling of confusion leaving with him.

You see a huge rock flying in the skies above you.

(Ring): You say, "Oh&*^%."

(Ring): You say, ":D."

(Ring): Iluv says, "This is not khandava."

(Ring): You say, "Hahaha."

(Ring): Juran says, "No it isn't."
    Very amused. Not sure why.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.
  • When the world is sick, can't no-one be well. But I dreamt we was all beautiful and strong.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Sarrius crossed trenches to the southeast. (Gates are open!)
    [AL] Sarrius - Demon's Gate. (someone must have closed the gates, maybe Sarrius)
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You bid your Ouroboros to draw Sarrius in close.
    Sarrius wanders in, beckoned by the power of the Ouroboros.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Sarrius is nearby.
    gl se
    An iron gate obscures your vision. (GATE CLOSED HERE)

Mackelmor, pls. What terrible, awful, hilarious luck.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Also occurring with frightening regularity. There's always a tier 1 emergency when someone dies.

Rage Quit
    Usually used in online videogames when a player gets killed so many times that he yells or "rages" at the computer monitor, which is usually followed by an alt+F4 or a "User has disconnected".

• I'm sorry I have a job, Ahkan. I'm so, so sorry.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited December 2013
    Hey I ragequit also a few shardfalls ago but not from dying :( No h8 on ragequitters
    You grow still and begin to silently pray for preservation of your soul while you are out of the
    land.
    Edit to be ontopic
    (Only if we keep voting!)
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Oh man, people rage quit all the time for a variety of  reasons (some good, some terrible, all awesome). Case in point: Scroll up. More often than not, it's the hilarious reasons for quitting that are the best.

#1: I do not apply mass and die. Ragequit

#2: FFFffff classleads

#3: No more sparkles, damnit. (Khandavan #fwp) This has led to many....MANY Aleutia  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

#4: There is no pk going on right now.

Honestly, Imperian has the best rage quit reasons, because of how varied the game is.

"I'm in the middle of Afghanistan killing the Iranians."

"My experiment just exploded, undergrad is having a mental breakdown. Send help."

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT JERKS PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUY CANDY ARE? FFFFF"

"Out of mangos, fff this game." followed closely by "Ranai aggro, brb."

Tbh, I was trolling Sarrius (/winning) and am following up with this humorous post to make him look defensive and butthurt.
  • Sarrius' "so sorry that I have a job" response would be a lot more credible if this weren't a thing that crops up every time he takes a beating.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Tbh,if I got stuff to do for work every time I died in Imperian, I would want Sarrius' kill to death ratio right now. Semester has only been over for a week and I'm bored.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited December 2013
    What.

ETA: I guess I feel special that one offhanded post on the imperian forums kept you thinking about me for days, but really it was more of a buddy buddy backhanded 'lashing out'... If you feel that strongly about ANY given post on forums, perhaps you should take a step back, and find something more important in life. I assure you, there are any number of things out there. I wish I understood the vitriol, but then again, I really just can't compel myself to care what one faceless stranger on the internet, chance known through a text based MMO, really thinks.

ETA2 (upon reflection): In addition to you asking me every. single. time. we were both logged in at the same time for help, like in monos or obelisks or etc, you also never asked your new bosum buddies for aid. I didn't see you getting Kabahkan to team with you going 2v5, although I was always first on said list. But Kryss and Septus aren't major fighters right?

ETA3 (so much reflection): Also, you've been terrible at 1v1 for at least the past 3 years. You, self-admittedly, rely(ied?) on artifacts and brawn to power your way through, albeit frequently unsuccessfully. I guess we can compare our stats to check time spent (wasted) or our artifacts list owned to compare financial investment. I would actually love to do that. I'll show you mine etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lord Menoch Blackfyre
    You are a bit under-dressed, and utterly satiated.
    You are sober and in full control of your faculties.
    You are a formal enemy of: Agirni, Aherindale, Animists, Bards, Celidon, Cetara, Kaark'krazul, Kadar, Kaln, Khandava, Kinsarmar, Kipos, Kragge, Pabin'aquinumi, Pol'pera, Shades, Spectres, Ssyra, Stavenn, Tayar, Tirhin, Velin.
    You are not welcome in: Celidon, Khandava, Kinsarmar, Stavenn, and the associated townes.
    You currently possess 5 Lessons, 16 Bound Credits.
    You have played for a total of 185 days, 2 hours and 54 minutes.
    This week you've played a total of 1 days, 3 hours and 12 minutes.
    You are wedded to Eveline Blackfyre.
    Your warcry is, 'Charred bones. Cooked meat.'
    You are not currently posed.
    You are 11% of the way towards becoming a full Champion of all mortalkind.
    H:550/490 M:460/460 D:94% F:0% db|eb {XP:13.75%} 

#       Name                            Location
    15461   a Diadem of the Quickening      being held by Menoch
    37958   a steelweave surcoat            being held by Menoch
    47199   a Deathglory orb                being held by Menoch
    65628   a truesilver mace               being held by Menoch
    110022  a shifting mirror               being held by Menoch
    124292  a set of diamond bracelets      being held by Menoch
    136188  a Girdle of the Titans          being held by Menoch
    171524  an ivory figurine               being held by Menoch
    196114  a Token of the Creator          being held by Menoch
    196587  a Truesilver Ring               being held by Menoch
    229501  an altar of sanctity            being held by Menoch
    Total: 11
    H:550/490 M:460/460 D:94% F:0% db|eb {XP:13.75%} 

You gonna put your money where your mouth is and show us all yours or... just pull a Kabahkan and bow out with a slightly humorous gif or jpg?
  • Menoch said:
    ETA2 (upon reflection): In addition to you asking me every. single. time. we were both logged in at the same time for help, like in monos or obelisks or etc, you also never asked your new bosum buddies for aid. I didn't see you getting Kabahkan to team with you going 2v5, although I was always first on said list. But Kryss and Septus aren't major fighters right?

Then you don't pay much attention.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • "I don't care what people think about me on the forums, man, I'm only going to come back and edit this post repeatedly and end with posting all my stats, but I totally don't care no sir."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Lionas said:
    Menoch said:

Then you don't pay much attention.
    This was obviously in reference to the last time we were both active and on the same side, ~6 months ago. I sorta guess I shoulda specified that, but it was pretty obvious.

Also I'm going to quit because I want stuff for xmas.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    It's important to point out that six months ago was six circle changes, and 1-2 classleads ago. Totally relevant to this discussion.

No one is saying Kryss and Septus aren't fighters. The point being made is team selection. Juran's implying that he'd be picked first for kickball. He's right. You can take all of Juran's artifacts away and he'd still get picked before Menoch, Kryss, Septus, and Sarrius.
    -proficient in any class (this is important)
    -calls good target order 
    -sticks to target order
    -does not get emotional tunnel vision
    -usually stays to the bitter end
    -explains to other people what they did wrong in a constructive manner

Juran and I can argue about anything and probably won't get along over the long term, but I love having him on my team. I uhm, do not miss any of you. 2/10. Sorry?

@Menoch At you specifically, I know that your behavior in game is incredibly off putting. Your post-shardfall rages were the stuff of legend, especially when you blamed the loss on Khandavan spies telling AM what we were doing. Since you left, we've seen a lot of participation from non-combatants who have clearly stated that you were the reason they avoided team pk during your tenure in Stavenn. It's also likely that Juran just didn't like teaming with you, much like I did not, because one scary noise in the woods and you and Kryss were 48 rooms closer to Stavenn as the shadow of a velociraptor carrying 18 people loomed before us. Food for thought.

The whole shadow of a velociraptor is nightmare fuel. 
  • Ahkan said:
    Juran and I can argue about anything and probably won't get along over the long term, but I love having him on my team. I uhm, do not miss any of you. 2/10. Sorry?
    I miss having Septus on my team, though with the current balance of power I'm glad he isn't because then we would have very few people to fight and I like having this near-even competition.

@Septus - Once 1-2 people leave Demonic, you can rejoin and we'll take over the world again.
    I've changed circles three times ever. First two were before my character was 30 IC years old. Try again.

I had three different people admit freely there was an information leak. Try again.

In terms of off putting behavior, I've never heard anyone say anything good about you, ever, IC (which we know is a joke with your 'Look no really it's RP and it's just super meta LOLOLOLOL #hashtagsomething.jpg) or OOC, as your previous characters bear rather telling empirical evidence for.

On the subject of empirical evidence Juran teamed with me CONSTANTLY and we went 2vlots CONSTANTLY when I was last active, now pay attention here, and I know this is difficult for you, which was the only time I've changed circles in the past several years, and this is real life people time, not text people time.

Let's stick with empirical evidence, none of the PLAYERS (combatants OR noncombatants) I've seen on deathlogs or seen fighting except for you, Juran, Iluv, and Khizan, all of whom were fighting in times referred to prior, were active or around then.

I'm trying to understand your points about fleeing, but they are just clashing so hard with complaints about Raksha in a different thread, and your habit of chain shielding/lyreing/moving a room or two away to heal up and come back.