Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Azefel said:
    psh, I only got to use that like, twice!
    You've used it more than twice in front of me alone.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Do not confuse me using mushroom sigils with you org enemying people for going to shardfalls! :P

Though I don't know how many times it's been used when I got jumped while AFK, since it's triggered :(

• Labil said:
    I have known a lot of people that die more than kill and still considers themselves top combatants.
    @Labil

Kills by Ruga
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Kills      Victim                         Time              
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    39         Ruga                           2012/10/08 21:45:55

With that said, in no way am I saying he's a bad combatant...
  • Azefel said:

Though I don't know how many times it's been used when I got jumped while AFK, since it's triggered :(

Checked logs, and I've personally seen you do it twice while actively fighting (monolith battles), and seen it in deathsight logs a few more times. Saying I'd personally seen it more often was, apparently, a lie. (Anecdotally, you've done it quite a bit more than that while not afk; sources for that are questionable, though).

$ grep mushroom * -i|grep azefel -i
    lionas_7_14_13.txt:12:40:44:134 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_14_13.txt:12:40:44:150 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_14_13.txt:12:40:44:165 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_14_13.txt:12:40:44:165 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:10:21:53:32 | 2013/07/06 10:01:37 - Azefel has died in the magical blast of a mushroom sigil.
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:10:58:14:103 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:10:58:14:123 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:10:58:14:133 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:10:58:14:143 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:10:58:14:163 | Azefel gingerly affixes a mushroom sigil to a charcoal cinder, and upon contact
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:11:02:11:249 | 2013/07/06 10:01:37 - Azefel has died in the magical blast of a mushroom sigil.
    lionas_7_6_13.txt:11:02:11:479 | 2013/07/06 14:58:20 - Azefel has died in the magical blast of a mushroom sigil.
    lionas_7_7_13.txt:11:28:02:392 | 2013/07/07 11:43:23 - Azefel has died in the magical blast of a mushroom sigil.
    Azefel said:
    Do not confuse me using mushroom sigils with you org enemying people for going to shardfalls! :P

[citation needed]

With maybe one or two exceptions (people I've forgotten about that never asked to be unenemied) I've unenemied everyonethat was enemied for shardfalls. The number of people I ever enemied for shardfalls was small (less than ten; I specifically remember less than 6, but may have forgotten a couple).
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    about 99.47% of the times I did it was in the middle of KC just to show people that it existed!

And one time my afk mode was on and @Septus decided to test something :(

so we're about 7:1 for my kills vs his kills when testing.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I also call BS. I know for a fact (though I lack the logs to prove it) that you've mushroom suicided your way out of at least 3 deaths in one shardfall in Eucrates or Ouria or one of those little river places.
  • hmm...Mushroom deaths. Havent seen those in some time
  • barrel63811: an herb barrel (juniper berry)              571    9.5gp

Say what, now?
  • Maybe a discount?
  • Labil said:
    Maybe a discount?
    It is, but it's always rounded before.
  • I recently made a change to clarify the display of shop wares. If you buy in bulk, the discount was applied on the bulk price after it had been summed. So previously, you would see that those juniper berries cost 9 gold each. If you bought 100 of them, you would be charged 950 gold. It was confusing some people, so I tried to make some changes to improve that.

Yes, it means that there are situations where you can buy the individual juniper berries at 9 gold each (because you can't spend half a gold), meaning that it's cheaper for you to buy them one at a time. This kind of sucks, but it's a problem you're going to have when dealing with such small prices, and something a shopkeeper will have to try to address in the pricing, if possible.
  • edited August 2013

Dias stands triumphant, the winner of the Freeze tag in the Citadel of the Sands.
    <700/640h 310/310m 0e 0w 0x <ebpp> <bd>> 
    Dias stands triumphant, the winner of the Freeze tag in the Citadel of the Sands.
    <700/640h 306/310m 0e 0w 0x <ebpp> <bd>> 

...Really? 

EDIT: Oh wait, he's not done.

EDIT 2: Still not done!

EDIT 3: Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm done. He keeps doing this, and I'm really done trying to track it. This is ridiculous. He's boosted from 21st(??? He started doing this while I was hunting so I'm not really sure how much he did) to currently 13th ranking in the arena.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited August 2013
    He's been doing this pretty much since achievements started existing.

As dumb as it is, it's not against the rules. And it's pretty hard for his reputation to drop any further anyway, so what's there to lose? :/
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited August 2013
    Azefel said:

He's been doing this pretty much since achievements started existing.

As dumb as it is, it's not against the rules. And it's pretty hard for his reputation to drop any further anyway, so what's there to lose? :/
    http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/9df/fd1/58c/resized/clean-sheen-meme-generator-winning-at-losing-have-i-ever-lost-no-therefore-i-win-at-losing-5b5a8e.jpg
  • Is anyone shocked by the following things:
    -Dias is abusing something to farm.
    -Antioch voted him in to let him do it.
    -The lack of 'response.'

• edited August 2013
    I let him do it because I frankly don't have the inclination to play damage control like the last time somebody told him he couldn't do it. I personally didn't A-OK the schpiel (that was Kliko's doing, and I figured it was bad form/potential meltdown material to yank that permission away), but I logically cannot stop him short of kicking him out now that Antioch elected him. Kicking him out means another election, and Antioch is pretty tapped out in the 'potential upper management' sector.

Achievements largely mean nothing anyways, just like PK levels. Just like arena rankings. None of these metrics actually measure skill or worth - this is why certain people have climbed those ladders. Hm.

Is the farming annoying to everybody and reprehensible to a few? Yeah, for sure.

Edit: on a sidenote, I think he shouldn't be using a position of power to farm achievements, but he is replacing the gold, so I can't complain in that realm. My stance on the matter is personal distaste, but I'm trying to be a conservative person on the 'leading with my gut' thing.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Essentially what it comes down to is what Sarrius said, this is in no way a form of skill or actual worth. It's gaming an achievement that I utilize my characters gold to fund. 

There is no 'position use to farm the achievement' because all you have to be is an aide to Culture in any city to be able to do this. 

At least I do it off hours, sorry that you have to endure the spam and lose your coveted ranking in the arenas, Gurn.
  • Sarrius said:
     Achievements largely mean nothing anyways, just like PK levels. Just like arena rankings. None of these metrics actually measure skill or worth - this is why certain people have climbed those ladders. Hm. 

---------------------------

I really hate this argument that arena rankings or PK levels don't mean anything. No one cares what they mean to you, but it means to a lot of others. PK ranks matter to me, arena ranks matter to me. I'm not complaining about PK levels because overall, they caused a really positive affect of generating a lot of conflict and that overpowered the love for PK levels. Arena rankings do matter. I feel proud of winning 100 freeforalls and it was a big achievement for me. Gaming things like freezetag is stupid. Others wait to gain that achievement and feel a sense of pride for getting that. Dias ruins the fun because he games his way to the top for that. 

Your argument that these things don't mean anything is bad. You said a while back that death doesn't mean anything. How many people have you talked too? Just tell them to do a suicide mission with you and they'll back off. All of these things do matter, for a lot of people. Its a lot of hard work that is put into it. Its morally wrong. You should feel bad.
  • Yes, I do this because I'm very, very concerned with my not-very-high-ranking in something I hardly participate in.

We don't all measure our self-worth with numbers on a game, Dias.
  • edited August 2013
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret.
            Total  FFA   FTag  Bait  F&H   BB    DB    MH    TFFA  
     Ziat          448    114   17         0     11     48     11    13       214

Your rankings aren't going to go away. The fact that you feel that this mechanic actually proves to people that you are "The best of the best" or that you PK rank does that is just silly.

Zenigra and Theres have not been playing Imperian actively for over 3 years, so, can we assume they are no longer top tier combatants as of currently? Yeah. Should I say that you should feel morally wrong for flooring the hell out of broken classes that are noted and well known as broken? Didn't think so.

It's an achievement, it means little to nothing. I have my particular reasons for playing Imperian still and that is achievements at this point and time. If you feel so passionately about it, petition the Admin to alter how achievements can be done.
  • edited August 2013
    brb statpadding to top everything
  • edited August 2013

Gurn said:
    WAAHHHHHHHHHHH

• Let me ask you this. Why is the mechanic even there if it doesn't prove anything? Why did you even search it out if it doesn't prove anything? It shows that I have won 17 freezetags over the course of 3 years I've played Ziat. Its a slow gain but its a satisfying gain. On the other hand, you game it and instead of admitting that "yeah, I'm a bad dude", you are actually justifying it.

I don't know who Zenigra or Theres are so won't comment

What I see you arguing is that if something can be abused, you'll abuse the hell out of it. What sort of argument is that? The admins try their best to make a thing abusable. They can't prevent it. They try to mitigate it. It is up to you. Achievements are there to make you feel a sense of pride and "Achievement", by their name. If you are abusing it, don't defend it by saying YOU PLAY OP CLASSES. I have all six professions, and I've played the FFA in every profession, fighting from just one person to eight. If you can't play predator, don't whine about it. I've seen really good predators sweep the floor. 

• Previously as I stated, people play the game for their own particular reasons. If you are really getting this mad over a game, then you need to take a step back and breath a little. I understand the rage that is filling inside of you, I had it when I was 16 as well. 

Sorry that you feel slighted by me gaming a game, hopefully you'll not dwell on it too much outside of Imperian.
  • The rankings yield nothing but fleeting emotional satisfaction and nothing mechanical or advantageous.

also known as, they mean nothing.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2013
    It's ok guys. 'Reasonable' Dias will probably post a you tube video on how to be a complete dong in and out of game concerning abusing any and all mechanics to farm achievements. The silver lining here with'reasonable Dias" is that he'll only be a complete toolbox in tells/messages/aim/skype/pms, ring/guild/city/clantells. I guess 10% politeness isn't bad. 

This is why you need to include this meme in anything Dias says.
    I do it off hours "for you!" This should read: I do it off hours to decrease my chances of getting caught. Same reason why burglaries occur when the home owner isn't home.

The true story here is that Gurn, a member of the AZN-invasion, is yelling at Dias, white-4chan stereotype, about farming.
  • edited August 2013
    Ahkan is my favorite troll :D

Since I am terrible at forums and can't figure out how to put Scumba Steve(Dias) into here! Here is a link!

http://www.mememaker.net/meme/does-arena-achievements-by-using-a-mechanic-already-coded-into-the-game-at-night

• You're missing the point, dude. We've all accepted that you're 'that guy' who is willing to abuse the crap out of any grey area he sees for personal gain. That doesn't shock us. We know how low you're willing to sink.

You are making fun of people for getting emotional. You're the King of that. You've put all of your predecessors to shame.  How many rage issues have you filed when you didn't get your way? How many global blanket apologies have you issued?  You should be one of the most well versed people in this game in the varied emotional responses this game can provoke. Then you turn around and instead of being 'reasonable Dias the adult' you act like back of dicks Dias and start spouting off "aint no rule" and Trezzing it up. 

If it's so 'not important' why do you
    -Spend so much gold  to achieve it
    -Invest so much money to achieve it
    -Lobby so hard to get power to abuse it
    -Stay up for 2,3,4,5 hours a night to do it.
    -Try and hide the fact that you're doing it.
  • Largely, yes, I was that emotional kid who raged really really hard. You could use the "Angry German Kid" as an equivalent to how I was when I was 16. My rage issues were terrible, but thankfully, Shaylei has taken up that mantle and surpassed me :D.

-Gold in a fantasy world. What else would I spend it on?
    -Invest minimal money to do any achievement
    -Only need an aide position to do this particular one
    -Stay up doing other things regardless, might as well work it in?
    -Not hiding it, I am gaming arena achievements, I think I have said that.

What it boils down to for me at this point is that Imperian is a very small group of people. I've 'known' most of you for 6+ years in one form or another. I have lost most of my interest in Imperian save for a few people, and something I find particularly interesting to do (Which is achievements). Am I gaming them, yes. Am I more than likely pissing a lot of people off, yes. At the end of the day though, does the game really mean a TON? I've gained my experiences from Imperian, I have done the rage kid route, and I have gone the adult route.

All I can say is sorry if it bugs you, but I am going to do what I am going to do. If Jesse or Jeremy says "Hey, Dias, you need to stop doing X, Y, or Z" then I will immediately comply. Until then though, hey, this is what I am doing.
  • You went off on Ashel before he was banned. You weren't 16. Was this game really that important when you had to tell people you were some sort of war hero?