Skip to content

Coming Over to Imp

Yeah, yeah, I know. This probably isn't the time to start afresh in Imp, but the transition to free is oddly attractive. I played here before, the small population sent me back to Achaea, but now I've not touched Achaea in years.

So I'm looking at the game trying to decide which faction to play in. RP is what sucks me in, but a fun class helps too. Right now I'm toying with Amazon and Antioch, but Magick has always had a draw. Demonic, on the other hand, hasn't though I'm not sure why. Anyway, I don't mind playing with a small group of people, but are any factions more RP heavy than others? Are there any to avoid if that's my focus?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• I'm going to be completely honest. The overarching storyline of Imperian is a bit weak, and that, in turn, affects the circle- and organization-wide roleplay. There are plenty of great elements here and there, but there's just no cohesive 'whole' tying everything together. However, with Imperian's new direction also comes a new Story Producer, and hopefully this part of the game will get spruced up!

Furthermore, the "RP" label can be somewhat nebulous. Do you mean, do people go into in-depth rituals and stuff? Unfortunately, that usually requires a population that's a bit bigger than ours, at the moment. But if you mean, do characters have a consistent personality and it affects how they approach what they experience in the game? Then the answer to this, at least in Khandava (the only place I have really played in :D), is yes.

You have the stern @Arcann, @Eochaid the quiet murderess, @Vessaya and me, Mereis, the happy(/insane?) ladies. As I said, though, Khandava/Demonic is really my only area of expertise, and I can't speak for the rest! :)

currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)