Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bashing Advice

BrinnBrinn Member Posts: 7
edited June 9 in General Discussion
So I went ahead and bought up all the gems on the promo market thinking I was going to have a way easier time pointing a scepter at things than trying to code in a bashing system.  I got six, and I am a little underwhelmed.  I paid anywhere from 80-115 credits per gem - is this the going rate? Does anyone know what the damage increase per gem level on the scepter is?  If I were to attune it to int/dex/str and it's lower than 12, would my damage somehow go down from where it would be without attuning it to a stat?

Also, since I'm not ready to dive into PvP (and the population of the game right now seems to be full up on people that'll dumpster me regardless) I've decided the best way to go with my shiny scepter is Shaman, for the self buffs to survival in bashing scenarios.  This way I can RP and bash while I save up enough cash to drop in for a "PvP Advice" thread.

Having said that - I have roughly 1000 bound credits and roughly 400 unbound credits right now.  The only artifact I have towards bashing is an emerald earring and my scepter.  Assuming max guildskills and evasion, what should I be looking at progressively purchasing artifact wise to have a smooth transition to level 100, and why do you think that (if you don't mind me asking, the reasoning will help with my decision making).

Also, I know there are some things I can be doing to maximize my time spent (achievement bonus, owl tattoo, shard skills) is there anything that exists in game that I'm missing for "bashing defs"?  Thanks!

Comments

  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 893 mod
    Brinn said:
    If I were to attune it to int/dex/str and it's lower than 12, would my damage somehow go down from where it would be without attuning it to a stat?
    Yes. Without attunement, no stat modifier is used, so the damage isn't modified. With attunement to a stat below 12, that stat modifier is still used, so the damage will decrease.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • GjarrusGjarrus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have numbers, but I feel like the stat attunement level was where it started comparing to/beating out trans prof bashing attacks. I would be surprised if L6 beat out swiftcurse dps. It is definitely worth it at 20, though, if you can make it there.

    Don't see a highfavour on your maximization list. Fortune favour (+gold drops) is also pretty nice, so is protection (10% all resists) if you can get it.

    I'd probably max out minis and look at an arti shield. That gives you a heap of resists, and tankiness helps you take on harder mobs. Don't get a silver bracelet if you're going to bash - you'll get it at 100k mobs. Con, resists rings, surcoat, ring of magicks bane are all nice. Offensively, your options are int and crit artis, both of which will work for swiftcurse or an int scepter. Only thing on this list that won't transfer to PvP is the crit.
    Seig
  • BrinnBrinn Member Posts: 7
    Tower shield with the scepter is better resists than a level 2 shield and since scepter is unmodded balance it works. As best as I can tell, aside from crit potential on a long enough timeline, L6 scepter is a couple of points better for DPS. General consensus from who I’ve talked to suggests con+sip to start
  • SeigSeig Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited June 10
    Brinn said:
    Tower shield with the scepter is better resists than a level 2 shield and since scepter is unmodded balance it works. As best as I can tell, aside from crit potential on a long enough timeline, L6 scepter is a couple of points better for DPS. General consensus from who I’ve talked to suggests con+sip to start
    The issue with a tower shield is that there's more than likely a balance penalty unless you have high enough strength where the arty shield will never have that issue. Unless scepter ignores that but I'm going to bet it doesn't.
  • BrinnBrinn Member Posts: 7
    Seig said:
    Brinn said:
    Tower shield with the scepter is better resists than a level 2 shield and since scepter is unmodded balance it works. As best as I can tell, aside from crit potential on a long enough timeline, L6 scepter is a couple of points better for DPS. General consensus from who I’ve talked to suggests con+sip to start
    The issue with a tower shield is that there's more than likely a balance penalty unless you have high enough strength where the arty shield will never have that issue. Unless scepter ignores that but I'm going to bet it doesn't.
    It does ignore it.
    Seig
  • SeptusSeptus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will never be cheaper to boost your tankiness than buying minis. It is huge bang for your buck compared to just about everything else. Goes for pvp and pve. Buy ones that will help you in the areas you plan on bashing and you will get much more mileage from them than level 1 defensive arties (excluding -possibly- bracelets, but as Kabaal mentioned you can get those for free). If you can make those minis overlap with your future pvp optimal choices, all the better.
    SeigSarrius
  • BrinnBrinn Member Posts: 7
    I suppose I need to do some research then insofar as to what areas deal what damage and look into that.  Miniskills are half the cost of normal skills, yeah?
  • JolhadarJolhadar Member Posts: 7
    Best bang for your buck will be avoidance, miniskills, and resist rings + steelweave surcoat. Scepter is really good, but we haven't had a good gem promo since December, so the ones that are around are insane. The per level damage boost is rather small, but the attunement plus use times adds up quick.
Sign In or Register to comment.