Skip to content

Aetherius is America?!

edited October 2012 in The Real Life
So I was driving to Eureka the other day and came across a quaint little town called Willitis. Their welcome sign was "Willitis: Gateway to the Redwoods." Lol, Khandava. And then it hits me.

Southwest of here is a desert, somewhere in there is Antioch. Far Northeast is New York, Kinsarmar. South of there is a bunch of swamps, Stavenn. Inbetween is a bunch of plains. North of there are forests, Celidon. And Washington is Ithaqua. Or something like that.

Wow I play Imperian too much. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's made this connection.

Comments

• I'd go with Colorado as Ithaqua. Majestic, snow-covered pines and a history of cannibalism. (See: Donner Party, circa 1840s.)
  • Ithaqua is not in the NW of Imperian, it's in the NE, up past Kinsarmar.
  • Yeah, it'd be sort of Maine-ish. They also have massive trees and snow too, so it still works.

• Ithaqua is Maine, definitely.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Delrayne said:
    Queue up "My United States of Imperian" by Liam Lynch
    whateva
  • And Chicago could be Caanae imo.

• Bathan said:
    Ithaqua is Maine, definitely.
    Y'all goin' up that way, hauh?
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Celidon would be what? Conneticut/ Delaware?

Detroit is Caanae (ghost city)

• There is actually a road near where I live called Antioch. It's a major road in the city.
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • There is an Antioch Road off a rural stretch of highway about an hour from my house. I pulled off once because I needed gas, and at the pump was a hand-scrawled sign that read "Cash only....will take your check only if we know you".
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."

• Eldreth said:
    There is an Antioch Road off a rural stretch of highway about an hour from my house. I pulled off once because I needed gas, and at the pump was a hand-scrawled sign that read "Cash only....will take your check only if we know you".
    Bahahaha, this is awesome.

I am such a freaking nerd that one time I was driving to class and passed the sign that said, "Antioch Exit 2 miles" and I deliberately did NOT take that exit and thought in my head, "Better not go that way, guards'll get me". Not sure if it was an actual moment where I was so into the Imperian mindset that taking that road meant death or if it was a joke. Either way, it does nothing but prove how much of a loser I actually am. :P
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • Eldreth said:
    There is an Antioch Road off a rural stretch of highway about an hour from my house. I pulled off once because I needed gas, and at the pump was a hand-scrawled sign that read "Cash only....will take your check only if we know you".
    This happens all the time around here. In one of the local restaurants, there's a big handwritten sign up on the wall behind the counter. "LOCAL CHECKS ONLY. NO CHECKS FROM THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:" followed by maybe 20-25 names.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• There is an Antioch in IL, pretty sure it's a small rural town though. 
  • I prefer to think of it as North America, being all Canadian and shite.

I've often old my southern friends "You come to my forest, I'll come visit your desert." And you know, since we have more forest here...