Okay, here is the 20th pass at this system. We've been mulling this over for some time and I have luckily been talked to my senses on a couple of really crazy ideas. I think we are at the point we want to start coding. Initially I wanted to do more with all of the shard abilities, but I think we will do this first pass, get some feedback, and then iterate from there. I have ideas for the abilities beyond what you see below, but we will save that for later.
Please post your thoughts, comments, and concerns.
Simplify the process of attacking obelisks.
- Remove the ability for outposts to protect other outposts.
- Outposts are destroyed, not captured.
- Reduce the cost of an outpost in order to deal with the expense. 100 stone, 100 wood, 50 sinn, 50 steel, 50,000 gold.
Remove the Efficiency Obelisks for two reasons.
- Efficiency makes protecting obelisks too easy and unbalances the system.
- Discourage dividing them evenly and sharing. Pansies!
- Remove the Efficiency Obelisk.
- Move SHARD COMBINE to Shard Usage level 10.
- Combine Aryana Attunement 4 and 5 as a single level 5 ability and redescribe as: While controlling the obelisk, deathsight now also allows us to discern the area where the death occurred and whenever someone is brought back to life by any means.
- Combine Moradeim Attunement 2 and 4 as a single level 5 ability and redescribe as: We now have the ability to bypass various effects that would normally prevent focusing on the power of Moradeim. This takes twice as long, and a red shard is consumed in the process. Additionally, any players following you will not move along. Syntax: FOCUS MORADEIM <target> BYPASS.
- Combine Suhdker Attunement 1 and 3 as a single level 1 ability and redescribe as: We can now focus upon the power of Sukhder at no mana cost and the effect lasts twice as long.
- Move Efficiency Attunement 4 to Aryana Attunement 4 and redescribe to: Our attunement to the obelisk now increases the life force and energy of our workers, increasing the commodity production speed.
- Move Efficiency Attunement 3 to Moradeim Attunement 3 and redescribe to: The power of Mordeim opens minds, and citizens are now able to learn three times as many lessons at once as they otherwise would.
- Move Efficiency Research 2 to Suhdker Attunement 3 and redescribe to: The violent force of Suhdker allows us to plunder caravans 15% faster. This effect is cumulative with the effect of a caravan crop.
Remove the ability to effectively have all the obelisk powers through the level 5 research skills, negating the need to fight for them.
Change all of the level 5 research skills for the following obelisks.
Remove the mark in an infused room or yourself. Syntax: SHARD CLEANSE [me].
True Sight Research
100% immune to all seeking skills Lasts 60 seconds and costs a red shard. Syntax: SHARD SILENCE.
Infuse the room AND the character with the power of the specified obelisk. The effect lasts 20 minutes. Costs 1 red shard.
Syntax: SHARD INFUSE [ARYANA|MORADEIM|SUHDKER]
- Any Aryana infused player in and Aryana room with have 20% more maximum health. If two player are both Aryana infused, they will suffer -20% damage from each other.
- Any Moradeim infused player in and Moradeim room with have a random 50% resist that will change every 10 seconds. If two player are both Moradeim infused, they will strike each other with random damage types.
- Any Suhdker infused player in and Suhdker room with have 20% more maximum mana. If two player are both Suhdker infused, they will deal +20% damage to each other. The effect will last 20 minutes.