Skip to content

Spins and Retirement

The winnings from spinning the wheel seem to continue to subtract from retirement value. It makes me avoid spinning the wheel. Some other players agree with me.

My question is: does the admin want me to spin the wheel or not? I'm confused. I'm certainly not going to piss away credits in the hope of winning credits that will tank my actual retirement value.
wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

Comments

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    I think for those of us who have no intention of retiring in the near future aren't that worried. I mean yeah, there may come a day when the game stops entertaining me and i want to toddle off to other IRE games, but it is not this day.

I'm not even sorry for that line.
  • If you buy 100 credits and use them on the wheel, they are not applied to your retirement value. The credits are spent and gone.

Lessons from skills and artifacts that you purchased with credits are applied to the retirement calculations.

Item and credits won from promotions or spins are not applied to your retirement value on any of the IRE games.

• IniarIniar Australia
    So, say my retirement value now is 15k. If I won 1k credits on the wheel, my retirement value should stay 15k - (cost of spins).
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:

So, say my retirement value now is 15k. If I won 1k credits on the wheel, my retirement value should stay 15k - (cost of spins).

I don't believe so. I had a good run on the wheel last time and my retire value reflects it.

This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 31647 credits.
  • Mine is similiar.

This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 42281 credits.

My artifact value is at about 9400, (not including all the 0 value things in my inv) but I looked into it. My paid purchases and such are only about 1500-2000 credits worth. The rest was all on promotional spending and winning. Trading in and buying credits with gold.

That's alright though, I dont plan on retiring, but I was shocked I was that much in debt! Hahah
  • Yeah. Whole thing seems to not really make sense to me. Seems to me that the entire point is that it is letting you take some of the $ value that you poured into a character and transition it into a new one since that can make a huge increase in enjoyment for some of the players that have been around a while and are bored of(or don't like the direction of) the game they're in that IRE can potentially get more $ from, (see Achaexodus 2016).

Having things set up in a way that somehow the $ you earn through promotions can push you so far into the negative that you can't retire a character and move its $ value to a new game/character seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.
  • Iniar said:

Depends on where the credits came from. If you trade in an artifact for 1000 credits, and use them on spins, your value would drop 1000.

• Jeremy said:

Iniar said:

Depends on where the credits came from. If you trade in an artifact for 1000 credits, and use them on spins, your value would drop 1000.
    From what anecdotes other people have shared though, it just seems like your algorithms are wrong. If I bought 35 credits and spun the wheel once, my value should be zero. If I won 1000 credits from that spin and then spent all of those credits on more spins, my value should -still- be zero.

But what seems to be happening, again purely from anecdotes, is that those 1000 credits don't count positively (as intended), but spending them on spins still subtracts negatively (which should not happen).
  • edited September 2016
    Actually, what is happening is that the user is winning a big item and trading it in, or a bunch of free credits.

This is what pushes the value negative. They get 1000 bound credits from trading in a big item they won for free, or they win 1000 credits for free. This reduces your value, because they are promotional credits. So if you are getting a HUGE negative that is probably what happened. Where we have seen this, and people still want to retire, we do have a manual way to adjust values. However, I have only had to do this in one case. Every other time the character was still not at the threshold. The characters had purchased a couple hundred credits and everything else was spins.

I know what you're asking, why don't we track those free credits and items so that we can level it. There is no way for us to do that. We would have to track each credit individually, where it came from, how it was received, how it was spent, how it was traded in. It would be insane. Not to mention our data is 13 years old (19 on Achaea), there is no way for us to retroactively do that.

If you think your value is significantly off and you're serious about retiring a character, I'll take a look.

• So.

Let's say I buy 1000 credits. My retire value is 500. I spin the wheel with a free spin and I win 1000 credits. What is my retire value at now?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Like I said above, "If you think your value is significantly off and you're serious about retiring a character, I'll take a look."

In your example I am pretty sure our system will still have it around 500. There are lots of other variables for a new character and it is not a perfect 50% calculation.