Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• UNSEENEYE LIST is now alphabetized, and anyone with listening active will have an asterisk appended to their name.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Then gate the effect to having the DASH ability in taming? The lesson cost to get that far is higher than the absolutely trivial price of the dash anklet. That way, there's still an investment involved.
  • Is it possible for COMMIT (health/mana) to be added to the COOLDOWNS system or is it outside of the kind of stuff that'd be in there?
    Doesn't seem to be in there at present in any case and I'd find it handy.
  • Would it be possible to add indoors/outdoors somehow to GMCP Rooms.Info.Details? It wouldn't be providing information unavailable to players normally, but it would save quite a bit of work on the fly.
  • edited April 2016

Per the Clueless thread, some proposed HELP file changes/additions.

First I appended some information on different transversal methods to 2.1 MOVEMENT in this draft:

To move around in Imperian, you will first want to type LOOK or QL in order to
    see what the exits from the room you are in are. You'll find the exits at the
    end of the description, and to see what is beyond an exit, you may type GLANCE <
    direction> or just GL . To move in that direction, you simply type
    the direction, as seen below:

N, NORTH
    NE, NORTHEAST
    E, EAST
    SE, SOUTHEAST
    S, SOUTH
    SW, SOUTHWEST
    W, WEST
    NW, NORTHWEST
    U, UP
    D, DOWN
    IN
    OUT

Sometimes, you will encounter doors. A door may be open, shut, locked open, or
    locked shut. To try to open a door that lies to the north of you, the syntax
    would be OPEN DOOR NORTH or OPEN DOOR N. To close a door to the north, you
    would type CLOSE DOOR NORTH or CLOSE DOOR N. (As you can see, directions can
    generally be abbreviated in the ways shown above.)

Naturally, before you can open a locked door, you must unlock it. To do so, you must
    obtain a key for the door, which may or may not be possible, depending on the
    door. There are other ways to bypass doors, but those are for you to discover.
    To lock a door to the north, assuming you are holding the proper key for it,
    you would do LOCK DOOR NORTH. The syntax to unlock a door to the north is
    UNLOCK DOOR NORTH.

There are many ways for insidious players to hinder your movement, and you
    would be well-advised to learn how to prevent them from doing so.

There are also a few other movement systems in Imperian which are explained in
    their own help file:

COACHES: Limited automated travel throughout Imperian. See HELP COACHES.

SWIMMING: An ability in the Survival skillset that lets you
    transverse bodies of water. See AB SURVIVAL SWIMMING.

PORTALS: A fast travel ability open to new players which lets you rapidly get
    to newbie areas. See HELP PORTALS and HELP PORTAL DESTINATIONS.

PATHFINDING: Automatically walk paths to memorized LANDMARKS. See HELP
    PATHFINDING.

FLYING: Certain races and classes have the ability to FLY. See HELP FLYING.

Then a new proposed help file 2.1.5 HELP FLYING:

Some races and classes have the ability to fly through the air, whether
    naturally or by other means.  Flying allows you to easily pass through
    locations without having to worry about whatever may be on the ground, but you
    will have to be careful: strong winds can blow you to other rooms.

Commands:

FLY
    - Take flight to the skies above.

GLANCE GROUND / LOOK GROUND
    - Take a look at what is on the ground below you.

LAND
    - Return to the ground underneath you.

To move around once you are flying, you just use the same movement commands as
    you would walking normally.  Take note however, that you cannot fly indoors.

Feel free to fold/spindle/mutilate as you see fit! I just present it in the hopes it's useful.

[edit]: I noticed you can no longer lock doors open, so I edited out that bit.
  • edited April 2016
    Thanks! Leaving the post here, however as help file suggestions tend to become quite long, making this thread a bit harder to read, please submit future help file suggestions to this thread.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I was not aware of that thread, sorry @Eoghan!  I've bookmarked it for the future.
  • Is it intentional that the stun status ailment stops SETTARGET/ST?  If so this only seems to penalize people whom use the game's inbuilt targeting other than their own since you can freely set system variables in your client regardless.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2016
    I have a whole bunch of things that clog up my inventory and can be traded in for a measly bunch of credits. Would it be possible to have a generic TRADEINS command that would sort and display these items with a cumulative total at the top?

Cumulative Value:  154 bound credits
    Item Classification Tradein Value
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    goblin horn horn 1 cr
    wraith horn horn 1 cr
    a glass lens a* Compass 1 cr
    a small lens of sap a* Spectacles 1 cr
    a small lens of sap a* Spectacles 1 cr
    map of Ki'lathu atlas 1 cr

etc, etc. Per favore. @Eoghan
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited April 2016
    Title tokens be short named titletoken# instead of generic "token."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Title tokens be short named titletoken# instead of generic "token."
    Done! They still respond to 'token' as well.
  • OhmOhm
    edited April 2016
    Can all ethereal drops respond to ethereal and etherealcloak/ etherealchain/ etherealring/ etherealshackles

• Ohm said:
    Can all ethereal drops respond to ethereal and etherealcloak/ etherealchain/ etherealring/ etherealshackles

Similarly can all the wraith talismans actually respond to talisman?  Idea'd this a bit back.  It would make picking up the piles of them I explode on starbursting much easier.

I idea'd this a few days ago iirc but I can't find the report in my list so maybe its not doable IDK.  I can re-file if the system lost it though.
  • Ohm said:

All ethereal items will now respond to 'ethereal' as well.

Anette said:
    Similarly can all the wraith talismans actually respond to talisman?  Idea'd this a bit back.  It would make picking up the piles of them I explode on starbursting much easier.

I idea'd this a few days ago iirc but I can't find the report in my list so maybe its not doable IDK.  I can re-file if the system lost it though.
    I will look in to this but can't making any promises. My first instinct is no due to how the items have been created, but we'll see.
  • Hexe said:
    I will look in to this but can't making any promises. My first instinct is no due to how the items have been created, but we'll see.
    I appreciate you taking the look all the same.  It'd be a nice QOL thing, especially since it's and endgame area and getting to the wraith lord chamber can  involve some painful getting murderkilled getting through that clot sometimes.  I don't expect you to sink a bunch of time into a QOL thing though.

Would you want me to recreate the idea report to have this ingame or is it fine?
  • Unfortunately, because of how the talismans were created, it isn't possible to give them additional terms.
  • Eoghan said:
    Unfortunately, because of how the talismans were created, it isn't possible to give them additional terms.
    That's unfortunate.  Thanks for looking anyways!

Another QOL thing that'd be nice: 
    Is it possible to make the sect favour commands (SECT FAVOUR/HIGHFAVOUR [person]) work with ME as well?  Presently they only work targetted at another player (or yourself via for eg SECT HIGHFAVOUR ANETTE 2 HOURS).  (idea #60927 I submitted a little earlier)

To the programmer in me this seems fairly simple to do, but I speak out of ignorance of how Rapture works.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Currently, the artifact bleed glasses only tells us the targets amount of bleed from the last bleed tick they had. Is there a way we could have the current amount for it instead? Or is this just generally how bleed works in Imperian, that it solely relies on the tick? I would think it changes more per clot and bandages and so on.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Currently, the artifact bleed glasses only tells us the targets amount of bleed from the last bleed tick they had. Is there a way we could have the current amount for it instead? Or is this just generally how bleed works in Imperian, that it solely relies on the tick? I would think it changes more per clot and bandages and so on.
    This is deliberate. Any change to this behavior would need to go through classleads.
  • Anette said:
    Eoghan said:
    Unfortunately, because of how the talismans were created, it isn't possible to give them additional terms.
    That's unfortunate.  Thanks for looking anyways!

Another QOL thing that'd be nice: 
    Is it possible to make the sect favour commands (SECT FAVOUR/HIGHFAVOUR [person]) work with ME as well?  Presently they only work targetted at another player (or yourself via for eg SECT HIGHFAVOUR ANETTE 2 HOURS).  (idea #60927 I submitted a little earlier)

To the programmer in me this seems fairly simple to do, but I speak out of ignorance of how Rapture works.
    Done. Note that this isn't always simple, since we have different methods of determining valid present targets, and they work differently. Simple in this case, though.
  • Eoghan said:
    Done. Note that this isn't always simple, since we have different methods of determining valid present targets, and they work differently. Simple in this case, though.
    You are awesome.
  • This MIGHT be a classlead issue, but I'll give it a shot.

Shadowbinding siphon currently pulls from the first available shadowveil.  While this seems okay since haze use is minor for most things, it leads to situations where one veil has like 4 gems, and the other two are twiddling their thumbs at maxed 20 gems.  Could this be changed to have siphon pull equally between the three veils for the same of haze generation efficiency and my overall sanity?

Siphon was always intended to stop people from having to run to their veils to haze, and the above functionality could be achieved by just going to each vail and nabbing a few gems, but, quality of life man.
    Today we shall die.
  • SevhnSevhn Missouri USA
    I know this is a small gripe, but could we get AB <miniskill> simply pull up the related file, instead of directing us to do "HELP <miniskill>"?

Thanks you!
  • 
    Idea #60941                   Reporter(s): Anette
    Priority: Ideas

Reported by Anette at 2016/04/05 16:08:
    Sometimes the various gambling/chance mechanics pay out with unbound credits, and sometimes they
        pay out with bound credits.  When it pays out with bound credits, it just says 'credits' (and
        youd have to use CREDIT REPORT/etc to see they're bound).  It would be clearer I think if it
        specified they were bound credits when you got them.
  • Would it be feasible to see a return of the Change log? I know at least from my own bugs there's small fixes that don't always warrant an announce post (or make it into an announce post listing bug fixes or improvements).
  • Arakis said:
    Would it be feasible to see a return of the Change log? I know at least from my own bugs there's small fixes that don't always warrant an announce post (or make it into an announce post listing bug fixes or improvements).
    Unlikely.  Unless you want a log that just says "oops", "stupid fix", and "hmmm".  Anything that plays much of a role in the game that is supposed to be public knowledge typically gets posted in an announce post collecting random changes.  
  • I hate how some skillsets have different skills but only one of those variants can have their entire skilllist shown in AB because they have the same name. This has been bugging me for a while, and someone like @Caelya brought it up. It's especially annoying when you're trying to find info on RG's enhancements, since there is no place that they're listed in the game, and if you're not in Magick, the CHIVALRY skillset just shows Templar enhancements.

• Simple action lines, examples being:
    Alesei closes her eyes and concentrates, and a swirling bileshroud slowly forms 
    around her body, protecting her from harm.
    Alesei used BILESHROUD.

Ahkan blinks all blinky-like at Kabaal.
    Ahkan used EVILEYE on Kabaal.

And sew fourth.

• So, could something please be done about the knight artifact problem?

Specifically, the problem where knights who buy an L1 battleaxe/longsword don't get the bashing increase that any other profession would get from their artifact weapon and knights who buy an L1 broadsword don't get the PvP benefits that any other profession would get from their artifact weapon. This is ridiculous. Knights are the only profession that has to choose to buy a specific bashing damage artifact.

Here's what I'd do. Stat broadswords identically to battleaxes and make them able to reave/stance. Then bring battleaxe, longsword, and scimitar bashing DPS up to broadsword levels. Now all the weapons with full Weaponmastery support will be equal as bashing weapons and people will be able to choose their choice of PvP weapon and gain bashing effectiveness from it just like Predators and Defilers and Wardens and Berserkers and Priests and Druids and all the collar classes and so forth.

That way also involves no balance changes whatsoever. The only downside is that you may have to do refunds for people who have both broadswords and battleaxes.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Kabaal said:
    Simple action lines, examples being:
    Alesei closes her eyes and concentrates, and a swirling bileshroud slowly forms 
    around her body, protecting her from harm.
    Alesei used BILESHROUD.

Ahkan blinks all blinky-like at Kabaal.
    Ahkan used EVILEYE on Kabaal.

And sew fourth.

Aetolia already does this, and I really like it.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure