Skip to content

Newbie Questions From a Retiree

Hello, all! I've already been on Aetolia and Midkemia, and I wanted to ask questions of you guys too. I'm coming from Lusternia and Achaea and wanted to know a few things about Imperian. Unlike Aetolia and Midkemia, though, I do have some experience in Imperian. It was a long, long time ago, though. When I was active, Magi still had Elemancy. So, this is more of a "what has changed" post.

1. Trade skills used to be the same as Achaea's. Pay credits, learn skill, and you're done. Is it still like that, or is there now a lesson penalty incurred from learning more than two skills? (Like Achaea's?)

2. Population was a bit of an issue back when I left. It got to the point where I was one of two to four people at a time in Stavenn. Has the population increased any with the RETIRE system now in place?

3. I loved how you could take caravans from townes to cities. Is that still in place? It was a decent way to make a bit of gold and get experience.

4. Is the Housing system still credit based? I know that once upon a time you could also rent apartments in the cities and townes.

5. Has Imperian added fishing yet? It seems to be a fun thing in Achaea.

6. Finally, how have the class changes been? I know that Magi and Summoners have been overhauled. What about the other magic classes? They always seemed to need a little love.

Thanks in advance for any answers, guys.

Best Answer

Answers

• SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Iniar, what basic damage options are you talking about for Wytch?

Also, Diabolist is up for overhaul soon, so I think it's what will be likely to change. Various classes have been changed.

Welcome from Lusternia. I spent a good, long while there myself.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Belial/Steal/(Prophecy-cycle)?

Ignite/Curse/Choke?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Ah. Alright. Yeah, ignite is really not going to do much damage at all. That's more salve pressure. Choke...is sadly not really worth it with the speed. I've tested the options and they all seem to have similar damage ratings in the end (disregarding ignited belial).
  • Artifacted curse steal health+choke is definitely worth it, if you've dealt with Zenigra you know it is. It was same DPS as Septus reaves were...God help you if he got cadmus to flare.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Using Belial: DPS of sensitivity/predict doom, steal health or using Cadmus: steal health/choke were all within 1 point of each other. Advantage of the first two is that the attack is 1.37, whereas with the latter it's 3.35s. Damage is high, but it's slow! 
  • ThorimThorim California
    So, thought I'd slightly hijack this newbie questions thread for my own question instead of starting a new thread.

I too am coming from another IRE game and decided on buying a level2 broadsword, but instead of it being a mithral one I got a 'strong broadsword'...is that what it's supposed to look like? I saw someone with a broadsword of Vahin...
  • Sounds like a bug, l2 should be a mithril one.
  • ThorimThorim California
    It was, I issued myself and it was resolved quickly. Thanks for the response