Skip to content

Raksha Band

edited April 2015 in New Ideas
Just an idea to make this a bit less stupid of an item.

Let's make this auction only artifact work the same as the skill it was modeled after.

Make it a customized creature you summon like AB ENSLAVERY ISTRIA.  You would be able to interact with this creature the same as a Summoner can a pathfinder.  It would be stopped by the same things.

1) This would prevent letting others use the artifact in an abusive nature.

2) This would bring the artifact down to a level with the same skill it was designed after when the skill was been whined about across three IRE games.  

3) Intimidate/Cowardice would be one more way of countering this item the same as with the pathfinder.  Again, like it was designed around.

4) Specific to Imperian, Transmogrify with pathfinder was eventually taken out due to the changes that hit transmogrify and later the loss of the skill entirely.  Why are we allowing the same use with redemption combined with Raksha as was a combination that was decided against by the administration already?

Insult me, support this, ignore it, I really don't care.  I've been against this artifact since the first one was released and years later it is still causing problems for this game.  I just figured I would provide a possible solution to balance it once and for all and make it match AB ENSLAVERY  ISTRIA instead of an independent item to balanced.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    It's true that I don't have to fight much against Raksha Band users, but I understand the frustration when fighting against one, not to mention all the other possibilities what you can do when you own one. But let's not forget that people paid money, real money, to get those rings because they are what they are. I don't say that Raksha Band is maybe a bit too powerful artifact to own, but still. I think it should be as it is now, or it should be consulted with the Raksha Band owners, what to change. Otherwise it would be like you buy a nice car, you own it few years, and when you have paid the car loan away, your nice car get replaced by a crippled horse.
  • I'd suggest changing it so only the owner of the band can use it, similar to how weapon artifacts work. That would at least prevent the abduction part, even if it can be somewhat prevented with Clarity and so on. It does look pretty amusing when it happens though! But if anything, that is the only adjustment I'd do to the band. The rest seems fine.
  • edited April 2015
    I like that you can send someone away with the Raksha Band.

There has been so many situations recently when when one team is clearly greater in numbers, so when one is sent away, even for a brief moment, it could turn the tides of the battle.
    Also the possibility to save own team members! 
  • I'd like to point out that this artifact, like others that mimic a class skill, has not been kept in line with the skill it duplicates.  Raksha band is a super powered version of pathfinder and that skill has been nerfed quite a bit over the years.  People pay for classes to use and those change at least twice a year. Change it go match the skill and if people don't like it, refund the credits.  Just like anything else that Jeremy or Garryn has changed.
  • There's Veil of Obtenebrate which hides your location from lists and people can't locate you by farsight or any other skills like that. There is Raksha Band(s) in every circle, use them as you find best. I seriously can't see the big problem with the artifact. As I mentioned earlier, I understand it's frustrating if you're about to win, but still...
  • edited April 2015
    I think you are making things harder than they need to be. The Raksha band should be a worn item to make it work, and there is no strong argument in favor of why this shouldn't be the case. This would make it compatible with virtually every other artifact with worn/wield requirements (outside of a few such as lyre*). The worn requirement also puts the Raksha as a summoning tool in line with every other summoning tool in the game in that there is a practical counter if someone is paying attention.

* While we are at it, since you are strumming the lyre, this should have a wield requirement. Which also negates the practice of ping ponging a lyre around a team in a fight.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to point out that it is actually not stopped by clarity, not with how Septus uses it.