Skip to content

Discussion: Mined Essence

This discussion was created from comments split from: Improving Imperian.
Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• Khizan said:

Can quickdraw just quietly fail when I try to quickdraw things I am already wielding?

This would be really nice.

Also, I just found out that mined essence for sect/cults just... decays.  I mean, it's still fun to fight with everyone over the statues on the rare occasions they're available, but now I guess I know why I've never seen the essence put to any use.  We don't really get that much, and it apparently just decays (probably before there is a situation where it makes sense to use it)?  Can that change?  
  • Mined essence has to be infused into the altar before the next fragment drops. Only one fragments exists at a time. In other words, if you have control of the statue, you have to be quick and get to your altar.

(And it also means people have a reason to hang around your altar and be jerks!)

• Jules said:

Khizan said:

Can quickdraw just quietly fail when I try to quickdraw things I am already wielding?

Also, I just found out that mined essence for sect/cults just... decays.  I mean, it's still fun to fight with everyone over the statues on the rare occasions they're available, but now I guess I know why I've never seen the essence put to any use.  We don't really get that much, and it apparently just decays (probably before there is a situation where it makes sense to use it)?  Can that change?  
    The "essence" is put to use automatically once infused in your altar. I think it increases how much belief you gain from corpse offerings or something.
  • Sorry, what I mean is, once you infuse the altar, you get the .01% essence for the fragment, but then... the essence just decays over time (as I understand it from the explanation I got).  So unless your sect somehow uses it pretty quickly (I think the entity can use it for... I don't even know?  But it's got to be cool right?) it just whittles away "naturally".  
  • Ultrix said:

Jules said:

Khizan said:

The "essence" is put to use automatically once infused in your altar. I think it increases how much belief you gain from corpse offerings or something.
    When we had some essence last time I could have sworn that the faith/belief regenerated a little bit more without offering (and hrm, maybe you get more for offerings too).  Is that it though?
  • Jules said:

Sorry, what I mean is, once you infuse the altar, you get the .01% essence for the fragment, but then... the essence just decays over time (as I understand it from the explanation I got).  So unless your sect somehow uses it pretty quickly (I think the entity can use it for... I don't even know?  But it's got to be cool right?) it just whittles away "naturally".  

If you're asking for the decay timer to be put on "hold" while the mining event is going on, I think maybe that makes sense as I think when they first rolled out the statue event last year that is what was done.

If you're suggesting that "essence" is supposed to be somehow "consumable" by a sect/cult/entity, it's never been that way before. Essence will naturally decay over time, but while you have it, it increases the amount of belief that your members generate when they offer corpses. (At least, it is supposed to). The amount of increase is supposed to be proportional to the amount of essence remaining.
  • Ah, okay, so that really is THE thing it does.  I honestly wasn't sure, and got the impression on ring that it might be someting the entity uses for cool stuff.  I'll happily die gloriously either way.
  • Jules said:

Ultrix said:

Jules said:

Khizan said:

When we had some essence last time I could have sworn that the faith/belief regenerated a little bit more without offering (and hrm, maybe you get more for offerings too).  Is that it though?
    I don't think there is any way for faith/belief to "regenerate" passively. Has to be through active actions by sect/cult members such as offering of corpses, or from fighting.
  • Yeah, not sure.  Only reason I say that is, because when you mentioned the increased returns on offering, I remembered that, after we'd mined a bunch last time and had some essence, I'd look at my faith, and see "oh cool, I have more faith and have done jack squat".  Or at least it seemed that way.
  • The essence decay rate is pretty slow, so we've elected to leave it going during the mining this time.

Stored essence increases the amount of faith and belief generated when offering, and increases XP gain for members.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote