Skip to content

Forum Rules and Etiquette

Hello, forum people.

Things here in forum land have been getting out of hand lately, and I've had to step in more than usual. It seems it's time to remind you all of our rules and some forum etiquette.

First off, if you haven't, make sure you've read the Forum Rules.

A lot of the things I've had to step in for lately would fall under Rule 1: Don't be a jerk and Rule 6: Watch your language.

There have been a lot of personal attacks, offensive language, and other silliness, and I want to see it stopped.

Some specific examples of problems of late:
1) Personal attacks: Attacking the poster instead of the content of the post.
2) As a corollary to 1), name calling. We specifically will not put up with name calling that implies another poster is in some way mentally deficient, but it should be obvious where you should draw the line if you employ a bit of common sense.
3) Image macros. Image macros have their place, and they aren't banned on our forums, but if you find yourself making a post attacking another player through the use of image macros, you'll certainly find your post removed. Earlier today, I had to edit a post that contained an image macro instructing another poster to sit down (and, it was implied, shut up). This is not a productive way to communicate, and such posts will be edited or removed.

I don't want to punish anyone. I definitely don't want to ban anyone. I give out a healthy dose of warning before I hand out any bans, but they can happen. Please post responsibly.

Thanks!
Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• Though it should be common sense, the forum rules have been amended to add the following:

13. Follow Administration Instructions

If a moderator or other member of the administration gives instruction in a thread or forum (such as to avoid or drop a particular subject), you are expected to follow it. The moderators are around to keep the forums running smoothly, and their word should be treated as law.

Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
This discussion has been closed.