Skip to content

XP groups

Please excuse if this post doesn't make any sense.

Are there permanent groups set up, like linkshells, that people can join and hunt monsters together in? On the advice of another I have purchased the no brainier lesson packages and an additional 2000 lesson package, so I'm not entirely useless (I hope not).

So far I've been leveling alone in the places the tutorial has sent me to as well as off a list I found here, but I never find other people already in those areas to team up with.

My city (Antioch) is pretty quiet it seems. Most people are not out playing when I'm online but rather just staying inside the city. My guild seems to ask if I'm understanding things or if I need help with tasks (assume they mean quests) about every ten minutes. Other than that I see no banter or other communication on that group. Not a big quester so I usually say I'm fine.

Do most people level alone? And is it a super big deal if I level up with someone from another city of I find them in one of the hunting areas I'm already in? (I haven't yet, don't pre-hate)

Thanks

Comments

• What you should do is ask on your city channel (CT blahblah blah) if anyone is hunting and if they mind if you joined.  They will probably invite you to a shared ring that has most of the citizens in it. As long as you're in the ring with the people in your room as stuff dies you'll get XP.  That's good.  You will not lose access to the ring between logins so next time, you can ask on ring if there's anyone hunting.  Also, rings are ooc so if you have questions that can't be easily asked IC, feel free to ask on the ring.

As far as leveling with someone from another city, you will want to stick with your faction. Since you're in anti-magick that means other Antiochians and Ithaquans. You can interact with people from other factions, but hunting with them is a pretty big nono in the eyes of most antiochians.  Also no marriage etc.  

Hope that helps!
  • We should probably invite you to the main city ring.  There is more chatter there, but know that there is lots of OOC and PK coordination.  When we ask if you need help it means anything really (because there can be plenty that is confusing).  I think people generally try to invite relatively quickly, but not right off the bat.  
  • Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for responding so quick. I'll have to ask around after I get home from work for a spot on the ring

Thanks!
  • Hello and welcome to Imperian!

As others have noted, there is the RING mechanism that allows you to share XP with people in the same room with you when you're out hunting or fighting.

As to your guild and city specifically - it is always hard for us to gauge how much "help" a novice needs as some people like to figure things out for themselves while others need more guidance -- which is why we ask on the novice channel whether you need any help with things. As @Jules mentioned, it can be about anything - whether it be a current task you are in because the novice intro has you doing a quest, or whether it is working with the requirements checklist for getting out of novicehood. Unfortunately, due to the way game mechanics are set up, you don't get access to the "main" guild channel until you are out of novicehood, which is where most of the "talking" is done in the guild. (Although most people will probably say that with the advent of the RING mechanism, most chatter has shifted to there.)

Feel free to reach out to anyone you see for a ring invite the next time you are on.
  • Ok that makes sense. For some reason I assumed the guild novice hood was tied to the newbie level range. I should have known better, I did play imperian for a ~month a few years back (between ffxi and ffxiv) but obviously not a lot stuck with me.

Did not realize I was still confined to just the guild newbie group