Skip to content

Upcoming Smithing/Weapon/Knight Changes

124»

Comments

• Dicene said:

I long to engage in glorious dual-wielding scimitar combat. The suspense is killing me...

Prince of Persia must have been showing on tv yesterday..starring Baasche as Jake Gyllenhaal
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Kabaal said:

How likely is the balance penalty going to be applied to Assassin/Renegade? I'm debating a truesilver shield, but I'm not going to bother if switching from whip to dirk kills me.

You'll continue being able to switch between a dirk and a whip without the penalty kicking in.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Hello.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • As a progress update on this, classleads are almost all coded (only reports 42 and 62 are missing), and knights are about 20% done. Progress is slowed a bit by the parallel ongoing work on the web client, but I currently expect the beta to start around 10th-15th February. This is preliminary and may still change, but not by much.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2015
    What are you doing with the web client?

E: I ask because I started fiddling with it a while back.
  • Layout changes mostly.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Yeah I saw an option to reset UI, but didn't know how to move stuff around. Made me sad.
  • @garryn

Hey buddy, do you have any concept of what you want to do with the defiler skillset in the beta with regards to onhit weapon effects. If so, which way were you going to go with it?

Thornroot replacement?
    Entropy replacement?
    Or are you going to allow to ravage with torment afflictions as on-hit effects (similar to empowerments in aetolia?)
    Or an entirely new direction?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Hello.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Artifact weapons will have the same speed as their non-artifact counter-parts, and a +10%/+15%/+20% to damage

So, I get why this is done, but given that different weapons pursue different strategies, will artifact weapons still be priced as they are now (given that some of them are effectively less useful)?