Skip to content

Child's Play 2012!

As we approach the holiday season, many people begin to get into a more giving spirit! Sometimes, those people don't know who to give to, but still want to give! If you happen to be one of those people who want to give, I recommend Child's Play!

Child's Play is a charity started in 2003 by the creators of the Penny-Arcade web comic, and in short, it provides games/books/toys/movies to help ease the stay of children in hospitals, which is good because hospitals are scary. They don't accept used gifts, but they do accept money or new item donations. You can even donate to a hospital near you specifically if you desire! Many hospitals have created wishlists, and you can buy something from that list for them. It's a pretty great charity, and even though I'm usually broke, I try to give something (even if it's really small) every year. They claim that to date, administrative costs haven't been more than 6%, and that's a pretty reasonable number if you ask me.

It is a 501(c)(3), and I think there's some stuff about how you can write off donations for tax purposes, but I dunno much about that, so I'll leave you to explore the website.

If you can't afford to give, you can still help by raising awareness (like I'm doing right now).

To summarize:

Child's Play is great. You can be great too.
Be great.

Comments

• If you're interested in giving to Child's Play you hould check out http://desertbus.org/, which starts Friday. It's a pretty cool fundraiser and all donations go to Child's Play.