Skip to content

client trouble

I just use the client from the website but now when I launch the game the window is empty and if I try to enter a command I see a pop up window that says TypeError: b.replace is not a function

help?

Comments

• Clear your cache and update flash. That should make it work again.
  • You shouldn't have to worry about flash, if it's the HTML5 client, which I'm sure it is.

That sounds like a Javascript error, or clearing the cache should work. Or email Jeremy or find the post with the HTML5 client details.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • well I cleared my cache and updated adobe flash and java and no change, still doing the same thing.  any other guesses?
  • Are you using the client at client.imperian.com, or some other one? Which browser and browser version are you using?
  • Client-related, but mobile: I've tried a couple of times to use Imperian's client on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately I seem to get about 2-3 lines of text if I'm lucky, and if I'm trying to type anything the virtual keyboard kills what little text I can see. 

Am I doing something wrong? I log onto imperian.com using Safari and click "play now".
  • Lalitana said:
    Client-related, but mobile: I've tried a couple of times to use Imperian's client on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately I seem to get about 2-3 lines of text if I'm lucky, and if I'm trying to type anything the virtual keyboard kills what little text I can see. 

Am I doing something wrong? I log onto imperian.com using Safari and click "play now".
    You're trying to use your phone.

I get the same thing, and there's no way to fix it.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • If I feel I really must use my phone, I telnet.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I was under the impression that flash support for iphones was somewhere between really bad and entirely non-existent.
  • iPhone's version of safari does have (slightly limited) html5 support, and the default client is the html client, not the flash client.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • If you want to connect to the game via your iPhone, there are some clients you can install that may work.

• What about Android?
  • The IRE client for Android SUCKS. It chokes on more than a couple lines of input at a time. Path finding kills it. Use blowtorch: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happygoatstudios.bt&hl=en
  • Yeah, until we come around to working on it, Blowtorch is a better option for android.